“Obtaining an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is mandatory for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) working abroad. Without an OEC, it is not possible to seek employment overseas. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) enforces the requirement of an OEC before OFWs can depart from the country. To acquire an OEC, individuals must schedule an appointment online in advance.” How to Book OEC Appointment Online (BM Online Processing)
- Visit the POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) website. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and a compatible web browser.
- Look for the “Online Services” section on the POEA website homepage and click on it. This section typically contains various online services provided by the POEA.
- Find and click on the “OEC Appointment System” or a similar option related to OEC processing. This will direct you to the page where you can schedule your appointment.
- Read the instructions and requirements carefully before proceeding. Make sure you have all the necessary documents and information ready, such as your passport, valid visa, and employment contract.
- Create an account or log in to your existing account on the POEA website. If you don’t have an account, you will typically find an option to register by providing your personal details.
- Once logged in, navigate to the OEC Appointment System and select the option to schedule a new appointment.
- Fill in the required details, such as your personal information, employment details, and preferred appointment date and time. Ensure that all the information you provide is accurate and up to date.
- Confirm your appointment details and double-check for any errors or discrepancies. Make sure the date and time slot you selected are suitable for you.
- Submit your appointment request. You will usually receive a confirmation message or email indicating that your request has been received.
- Wait for the POEA to process your appointment request. The processing time may vary, so be patient. Once your request is processed, you will receive a notification with the confirmed appointment details.
On the scheduled appointment day, make sure to bring all the required documents and arrive at the designated POEA office or center on time. Failure to do so may result in delays or the need to reschedule.
- Provide a copy of the POPS-BaM or BM Online appointment sheet.
- Bring the original copy and a photocopy of your valid passport.
- Bring the original copy and a photocopy of your work permit, work visa, alien resident certificate, or any similar document that validates your employment status.
- Provide the original copy and a photocopy of your employment contract. Make sure that the contract has been authenticated and verified by the Philippine Embassy, POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office), or Consulate.
- Include the business registration certificate of your employer, which should contain the business name, telephone number, business address, permit number, and email address.
- If your overseas employer does not possess a business registration certificate, they should provide their National Identification Card. The card should contain their complete name, address, ID number, and email address.
- Prepare a copy of a sworn statement that explains the hiring process you went through with your foreign employer.
- If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who changed employers on-site or have not registered with the POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) yet, you need to provide an affidavit or sworn statement that explains how you were hired by your current employer.
- If you are an OFW already registered with the POEA and will be returning to your employers but in a different country, you should obtain a letter from your employers confirming the transfer of your job site.
- OFWs who transferred to another employer.
- OFWs who transferred to another job site.
- OFWs without valid work permits or visas.
- The online appointment booking system provides you with the convenience of selecting a suitable date, location, and time for your appointment. When opting for regular OEC processing, you will receive guidance from the staff at the POEA branch you have chosen to visit or the POLO office closest to your location.
Setting an OEC Appointment via POPS-BaM
Step 1: Visit the POEA Online Services website and log in using your e-Registration account. If you don’t have an account yet, you will need to register by providing the necessary information.
Step 2: Once you have logged in, locate the option for Balik Manggagawa Services or POPS-BaM. Click on it to proceed.
Step 3: On the POPS-BaM page, you will find various services and options. Look for the appointment booking section and click on “Book Appointment” or a similar option.
Step 4: You will be prompted to provide the necessary details, such as your employment information, contact details, and personal information. Fill in the required fields accurately.
Step 5: After entering the required information, select the preferred date and time for your appointment. It is important to choose a slot that is convenient for you and fits your schedule.
Step 6: Review all the information you have provided to ensure its accuracy. Double-check your employment and personal details, as well as the appointment date and time.
Step 7: Once you are satisfied with the information, submit your appointment booking. You may receive a confirmation message or reference number for your appointment. Make sure to keep this information for future reference.
Step 8: Prepare the necessary documents for your OEC application. These may include your employment contract, valid passport, proof of overseas employment, and other relevant documents. It is important to have these documents ready before your scheduled appointment.
Step 9: On the day of your appointment, make sure to arrive at the designated location on time. Bring all the required documents and your reference number, if applicable.
Step 10: Follow the instructions provided by the POEA staff during your appointment. They will guide you through the process of obtaining your OEC.
Note: The steps provided here are general guidelines and may vary slightly depending on any updates or changes made to the POPS-BaM system. It is always recommended to refer to the official POEA website or contact their customer support for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the booking process for OEC through POPS-BaM.
Step 2: Update your details in the My Profile page including your passport and beneficiary information.
Step 3: On the dashboard, upload your profile photo as well as your passport photo based on the guidelines.
Step 4: Click the Balik Manggagawa link and make sure the details required are complete. Then, proceed by clicking the Next button.
Step 5: Enter the date of your flight on the next page and make sure to review the reminders before you click Next.
Step 6: To proceed with Step 6, enter the necessary information regarding your arrangement with your employer on the contract details page. This may include details such as your job position, salary, working hours, and any specific terms and conditions agreed upon between you and your employer. Carefully review the information you provide to ensure accuracy. Once you have entered all the required details, click on the “Submit” button to proceed to the next step.
Step 7: On the next page, you will find a drop-down menu where you need to choose the location for your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) appointment. Take your time to carefully review the available options and select the location that is most convenient for you. As you proceed to the next page, make sure to read and follow any reminders or instructions provided.
Step 8: After selecting the location for your appointment, you will need to choose a suitable date and time for your OEC appointment. Please note that weekends are not available for scheduling appointments. If you need to change the date, you can click on the arrows to navigate through the available options. Once you have found a suitable date and time, click on the “Select” button to confirm your choice.
Step 9: Verify all the information you have provided for the appointment. If you notice any errors, click the Cancel Appointment button and follow the steps again. If all the details are accurate, click on the Print Appointment option. Remember to bring a printed copy of the appointment confirmation on the scheduled day.
Setting an OEC Appointment via BM Online
You can only go this route if you already have a BM Online account. Follow these steps to set an appointment through BM Online:
Step 1: Log into the BM Online system and click Already Registered. Enter your email and password to access your account.
Step 2: Click the appointment setting link beside the OEC Number Verification pop-up.
Step 3: Upload your photo and fill out the My Profile information page.
Step 4: On the Acquire OEC or Exemption category, enter your flight schedule details and click Submit.
Step 5: on the Select Location page, choose your POLO or POEA location on the drop-down menu and the OEC processing branch. To proceed, click Next.
Step 6: The calendar display will show you the available slots for your preferred location. Click on the date and time you want to process your OEC.
Step 7: A pop-up of your schedule will appear. If the details are correct, click Set Appointment.
Step 8: On the left side, click on My Transactions and choose Appointments to view your confirmed schedule.
Step 9: Click Print Info Sheet and then click Print Appointment to print the form.
Step 10: Write your printed name and put your signature at the bottom of the form.
How to Get an OEC Online Appointment
In this video, you will learn how to obtain an appointment for an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) online. We will provide you with a step-by-step procedure, and helpful tips, and answer some common questions from overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who are obtaining their OEC for the first time. By following this guide, you will be well-prepared for your appointment with the POEA or POLO office near you.
Step 1: Prepare the Required Documents Before starting the appointment process, make sure you have all the necessary documents ready. These may include your passport, valid work visa or work permit, employment contract, and proof of overseas employment such as a job offer letter or contract.
Step 2: Visit the POEA or POLO Website Go to the official website of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) or the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). These websites typically have an online appointment system for OEC issuance.
Step 3: Create an Account If you haven’t already done so, create an account on the website. Provide the required information, including your personal details and contact information. Make sure to provide accurate and up-to-date information.
Step 4: Schedule an Appointment Once you have created an account, log in to the website and navigate to the appointment scheduling section. Select the appropriate service, which is usually OEC issuance. Choose a convenient date and time for your appointment. It’s advisable to schedule the appointment well in advance to secure your preferred slot.
Step 5: Fill out the Application Form After scheduling the appointment, you will be directed to an application form. Fill in all the required fields accurately and completely. Double-check the information before submitting the form.
Step 6: Pay the Required Fees Some online appointment systems may require you to pay the OEC processing fee online. Follow the instructions provided on the website to make the payment securely. Save a copy of the payment confirmation for your records.
Step 7: Attend the Appointment On the scheduled date and time, visit the designated POEA or POLO office near you. Bring all the necessary documents, including your passport, work visa or permit, and payment confirmation. Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow for any necessary paperwork or waiting time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I go directly to the POLO or POEA office if there are no slots available for online appointment?
Yes, if you have a valid reason such as a flight schedule in a few days.
2. How can direct-hire OFWs get their OECs?
Applying for an OEC for direct hires is different from OFWs who are hired through recruitment agencies.
3. How to set an OEC appointment if the BM Online account doesn’t work anymore?
You need to transfer your records from BM Online to POPS-BaM.
4. What to do if I’m qualified for exemption but the POPS-BaM system is asking to set an appointment?
Your records with POEA through BM Online aren’t updated to POPS-BaM. If they don’t automatically update in 24 hours, you need to manually match them.
5. If the employer’s information is changing, is it still required to schedule an appointment?
If you have outdated OEC information, cancel it so you can acquire a new one.
- Gather the necessary documents: Before you begin the appointment process, make sure you have all the required documents ready. These may include your valid passport, work visa, employment contract, and proof of your job offer from your new employer.
- Visit the POEA website: Go to the official website of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) at www.poea.gov.ph. This is where you will find the online appointment system for OEC processing.
- Create an account: If you don’t have an account on the POEA website, you will need to create one. Look for the registration or sign-up option and provide the required information, such as your personal details, email address, and a secure password. Make sure to remember your login credentials for future use.
- Log in to your account: After successfully creating your account, log in using your registered email address and password.
- Access the appointment system: Once logged in, navigate to the appointment system section. Look for the option related to OEC appointments or Balik-Manggagawa (BM) appointments. Click on it to proceed.
- Fill out the necessary details: Provide the required information, such as your name, contact details, passport number, visa details, and the country and employer you will be working for. Make sure to double-check the accuracy of the information before submitting.
- Select an appointment date and time: Check the available appointment slots and choose a date and time that is convenient for you. Keep in mind that appointment availability may vary, so it’s advisable to book as early as possible.
- Confirm your appointment: Once you have selected an appointment slot, review the details again and confirm your booking. Take note of the appointment reference number provided.
- Print your appointment confirmation: After confirming your appointment, you will typically have the option to print your appointment confirmation. It’s recommended to have a physical copy of the confirmation for reference and as proof of your scheduled appointment.
- Attend the appointment: On the day of your appointment, bring all the necessary documents and arrive at the designated location on time. Follow any additional instructions provided by the POEA. If you are an OFW returning to the same foreign employer, you need to show proof of your return, such as a certificate of employment, your latest payslip, or your company ID.