I can provide information about Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies), a scholarship program created by OWWA Project EASE Scholarship – How to Apply(Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) to assist the dependents of OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) affected by the pandemic.
Project EASE aims to provide educational assistance to the dependents of OFWs who have been affected by emergencies, such as the ongoing pandemic. It is one of the interventions implemented by OWWA to support overseas Filipino workers and their families during these challenging times.
Unfortunately, as an AI language model, I don’t have real-time access to the internet or the ability to provide specific step-by-step instructions or guides. However, you can try visiting the official website of OWWA or reaching out to their office directly to obtain the most up-to-date information on Project EASE, including the application process and eligibility criteria.
Remember to exercise caution and ensure that you refer to official sources for accurate and reliable information regarding the program.
What is the Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies)?
Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies) is a newly introduced educational assistance program initiated by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). It is designed to support eligible children of active OWWA members who have experienced distress, displacement, and job loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The primary objective of Project EASE is to provide educational assistance to college-level dependents of active OWWA member overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who have been significantly impacted by the pandemic. The term “active OWWA members” encompasses various categories of OFWs, including land-based workers, sea-based workers, and balik manggagawa (returning workers).
Through this program, OWWA aims to alleviate the financial burden faced by affected OFW families and ensure that their dependents can continue their college education. By offering educational scholarships, Project EASE seeks to empower eligible beneficiaries and equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge to secure a better future despite the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 crisis.
The implementation of Project EASE demonstrates OWWA’s commitment to supporting OFWs and their families during times of crisis. By investing in education and providing assistance to those in need, the program aims to mitigate the adverse effects of the pandemic on the educational pursuits of OFW dependents, ultimately fostering their personal and professional development.
When you meet the eligibility requirements for the Project EASE scholarship program, you are eligible to receive Php 10,000. This amount is provided to support one (1) college-level dependent of an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who had to return to the Philippines and lost their job due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist in covering the expenses of an OFW who was displaced from their employment abroad.
Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet when you intend to apply for the Project EASE.
- The OFW must be an active member of OWWA.
- The dependents of an OFW are as follows:
- For married OFWs, the child must be single and under the age of 30.
- For single OFWs, the dependent must be a single child, sibling, or niece, that are under the age of 30.
For OFW dependents, they must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen.
- They should either be an incoming college freshman or currently enrolled in college.
- The applicant must meet the University’s current admission and retention criteria, and they should not have met the University’s overall residency policy.
- The dependent should not have been expelled or kicked out of the University.
- They must be enrolled in an undergraduate post-secondary program that is approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- The applicant must be a dependent of an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who was repatriated or displaced during the COVID-19 pandemic, as certified by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
- Importantly, the dependent should not be a recipient of a government scholarship award.
Below are the Project EASE documentary requirements that you have to secure and provide when you apply for this program.
To apply for Project-EASE, please make sure to submit the following documents:
- A duly accomplished Application Form for Project-EASE.
- A valid passport of the OFW member.
- A flight ticket or boarding pass, along with an arrival stamp or sticker in the passport. This will serve as proof that the active OWWA member has entered the country after February 1, 2020.
- For validation purposes, you need to present proof of OWWA membership or an official receipt.
- Proof of relationship to the OFW (choose one of the following options):
- If the active OWWA member is married or a single parent, provide the Birth Certificate of a child.
- If the active OWWA member is single, provide the CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) of the OFW and the Birth Certificate of OFW siblings.
Certificate of Grade of the dependent from the last School Year or Semester attended. Students may be incoming freshmen or currently enrolled.
How to Get Project EASE Scholarship from OWWA
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you out with your application for the Project EASE program.
- Access the Application Form either through the website https://ease.owwa.gov.ph/ or by visiting the nearest OWWA RWO (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Regional Welfare Office) to obtain the form.
- Fill out the Application Form.
- Gather and complete all the necessary supporting documents.
- Double-check all the information you entered on the form.
- Submit all the required documents either at the Regional Office or send them via email to the OWWA RWO. Alternatively, you can use courier services to deliver or submit your application.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a reference/tracking number through SMS or email. This number can be used to track the status of your application.
- Wait for a call or response from OWWA. They will notify you if you qualify for the Project EASE program.
- You can also check the status of your application online using the EASE Tracker at https://easetracker.owwa.gov.ph/.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email containing a downloadable Scholarship Agreement. You will need to print, sign, and have the agreement notarized.
- Return the signed and notarized Scholarship Agreement to your local OWWA office through courier. You will receive an SMS with instructions on how to claim the grant.
Here are some of the important reminders and guidelines when you apply for the Project EASE program.
If you have applied for the Project EASE program, you will receive a serial reference or tracking number through SMS or email. This number can be used to track the status of your application.
For applicants who have submitted incomplete or invalid requirements, you will be notified about the missing or invalidated documents via SMS or email.
Once your application has been accepted, you will receive a Scholarship Agreement that can be downloaded and printed. This agreement needs to be signed and notarized.
After signing and notarizing the Scholarship Agreement, you are required to return it to the relevant Regional Welfare Office (RWO) using any courier service.
How to Apply OWWA Project EASE Scholarship for OFWs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-a2ZP1ONgI
Please check out the video by clicking on the provided link above to gain a better understanding of the Project EASE program for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). The video explains the application process for the EASE program. If you are an OFW interested in benefiting from Project EASE, this video can be informative and useful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I still apply for Project EASE even though I have an inactive OWWA membership?
To be eligible for Project EASE, it is a requirement that you possess an active membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). This program is specifically designed to offer financial assistance to qualified college-level dependents of active OWWA members or overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) whose employment has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. How much is the monetary assistance?
Project EASE provides financial aid or assistance amounting to Php 10,000 per year over a four-year duration.
3. My spouse and I are active OWWA members. Can we two apply separately for the Project Ease?
OFW couples who are eligible for Project EASE are entitled to avail of one (1) slot only. Hence, you cannot apply for two separate slots.
4. I am a SEA-BASED OFW active member, can I qualify to receive grant from Project EASE?
Project EASE encompasses the eligible dependents of active OWWA members, whether they are working on land or at sea, or are Balik Manggagawa, who were repatriated to the country during the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic on February 1, 2020, until such time as the pandemic is officially declared as controlled or managed by the World Health Organization (WHO) or other competent authorities.
5. Can an OFW dependent be a beneficiary of Project EASE and another grant at the same time?
If an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) dependent is already receiving benefits from another program such as the Education for Development Scholarship (EDSP), OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP), or Education for Livelihood Assistance Program (ELAP), they are not eligible to apply for Project EASE. Therefore, if you want to receive financial assistance from Project EASE, you cannot be a beneficiary of any grant or financial assistance from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
6. If I applied for Project EASE, is my application guaranteed?
Submitting an application for the grant does not ensure a position to receive financial assistance from Project EASE, as all applications undergo a rigorous screening and assessment process conducted by the RWO and other partner agencies
7. How will I be able to receive the grant from Project EASE?
Successful or approved applicants must never forget to include their active bank account information when they submit an application to which the grant will be sent. Otherwise, the financial grant will be sent to their OFW contact or relative.
this is the process for applying to the OWWA Project EASE Scholarship – How to Apply(Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) for overseas Filipino workers who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To be eligible for the grant, it is important to note that you must be an active OWWA member.
When applying for Project EASE, make sure to gather and attach all the required documents along with your application form. Ensure that you have filled out all the necessary fields and verify that all the information provided is accurate. This is to prevent any delays in the processing of your documents and application.
If you have any further questions regarding the status of your application, you can check it through the EASE tracker online at the following link: https://easetracker.owwa.gov.ph/. If you are interested in learning about other scholarship programs offered by OWWA, you can find information on their official website: http://www.owwa.gov.ph/. Additionally, you can visit their official Facebook page for the latest updates at: https://facebook.com/OWWAofficial.