For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Vietnam, it is essential to prioritize renewing or applying for OWWA membership in order to access various services, programs, and support that can greatly benefit your career and your family’s well-being. Even if you obtained employment in Vietnam through a visit visa, it is strongly recommended that you voluntarily apply for OWWA membership. To help you understand the process of renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Vietnam, “Schedule OWWA Appointment for Membership in Vietnam | Step-by-Step Guide”we have prepared a detailed guide outlining the most convenient procedure.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a Philippine government agency mandated to promote and protect the welfare of OFWs and their dependents. OWWA collaborates with other agencies such as the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW), previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), to ensure that OFWs obtain legal employment and can access various forms of assistance.
OWWA membership provides OFWs in Vietnam with access to a range of programs, services, and support aimed at improving their lives and careers, as well as supporting their dependents. Active OWWA members can seek legal assistance in case of employer-related issues or avail of Covid-19 support. Membership also entitles individuals to livelihood programs, loans, education and training benefits, scholarships, and repatriation and reintegration programs. Importantly, OWWA membership serves as an insurance policy, providing assistance for medical expenses, disability, calamities, death, and burial expenses. Therefore, it is strongly advised for OFWs in Vietnam to keep their OWWA membership active to maximize the benefits available to them.
To obtain the latest and most accurate documentary requirements for OWWA membership, it is advisable to contact the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam directly.
Here are the requirements listed in the Facebook post:
- Duly accomplished OWWA Membership form: You will need to fill out the OWWA Membership form completely and accurately. This form is likely available at the Philippine Embassy or can be obtained online.
- Photocopy of passport: Prepare a photocopy of your passport, which should include the relevant identification and personal information pages.
- Photocopy of Employment Contract: If you have an Employment Contract, make a photocopy of it. The contract should contain the details of your employment, such as job position, salary, duration, and terms and conditions.
- Alternative document if Employment Contract is not available: If you do not have an Employment Contract, you will need to bring one of the following alternative documents:a. Residence/employment permit: If you have a residence or employment permit issued by the Vietnamese authorities, bring a photocopy of it.b. SSS card: If you have a Social Security System (SSS) card, make a photocopy of it.c. Payslip: If you have recent payslips from your employer, bring a photocopy of them.d. Certificate of Employment with employer’s signature: If you have a certificate of employment issued by your employer, make sure it is signed and bring a photocopy of it.
- Proof of past OWWA membership (for old OWWA members): If you are already an existing OWWA member and want to renew your membership, bring the official receipt of your previous OWWA membership payment. This receipt will serve as proof of your membership status.
- OWWA Membership fee: Prepare the OWWA membership fee of US$25.00. However, note that the fee should be converted to Vietnamese Dong (VND) based on the prevailing foreign exchange rate. Ensure that you have the equivalent amount in VND.
Remember, it is recommended to contact the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam directly to confirm the latest documentary requirements and procedures for OWWA membership renewal or application.
OWWA membership offers valuable services, programs, and support to enhance the living conditions and career prospects of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). However, not all OFWs are eligible for membership. The OWWA requires its members to be active and continuously employed, as well as legal or documented workers with valid work permits and visas.
Moreover, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and still retain Filipino citizenship while being engaged in full-time or permanent employment are eligible to renew or apply for OWWA membership.
It is important to note that certain individuals are disqualified from OWWA membership due to the requirement of active and continuous employment. These individuals include:
- Employees who are due for termination.
- Employees who have been terminated.
- Employees whose work permits or visas are due for cancellation.
- Employees whose work permits or visas have been canceled.
- Employees who have resigned.
- Employees who are under the “No work, No pay” scheme.
These individuals, as they do not meet the criteria of active and continuous employment, are not eligible to become members of OWWA.
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Vietnam
As of now, an online appointment system for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Vietnam does not exist. It’s important for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Vietnam to be aware that there is no designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in Vietnam. The nearest POLO-OWWA office is located in Macau SAR. Therefore, if an OFW plans to visit Macau, they can contact the POLO-OWWA office there via phone or email to schedule an appointment.
However, considering that not all OFWs are able to travel to Macau, the best course of action is to directly contact the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam to inquire about OWWA membership. According to the latest announcement on the Philippine Embassy’s website in Vietnam, walk-in applicants will be accepted starting from March 21, 2022, for all services except visa and passport applications. It’s worth noting that it is unclear whether the Embassy itself or a different POLO office handles the OWWA membership process for OFWs in Vietnam. Therefore, OFWs in Vietnam should contact the Embassy directly for further details or consider applying for their OWWA membership during their vacation in the Philippines.
Mobile Consular Outreach Mission
“OFWs in Vietnam have another option to renew or apply for OWWA membership, which is through the Mobile Consular Outreach Mission organized by the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam. This program aims to provide consular services to OFWs residing in remote areas, particularly those in Ho Chi Minh City.
To find out the specific dates and location of the Mobile Consular Outreach Mission, it is recommended to visit the official Facebook page and website of the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam. They usually announce the schedule one month prior to the exact date. Additionally, for further details, you can get in touch with the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.”
Paying OWWA Membership in Vietnam
The given text provides information on how to apply for or renew OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Vietnam and other convenient methods for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) to pay the membership fee.
- OWWA Mobile Consular Outreach Missions: OFWs in Vietnam can apply for or renew their OWWA membership through Mobile Consular Outreach Missions. The exact process and fee payment details at the Embassy are unclear due to limited information.
- OWWA Mobile App: Renewing your OWWA membership can be done easily through the OWWA Mobile App by following these steps: a. Download the OWWA Mobile App on your device. b. Register an account and provide an active email address. c. Check your email and copy the login details sent to you. d. Open the OWWA Mobile App and enter the login details. e. Click on the Information button at the lower tab to view your membership status. f. If your membership is inactive, click “Renew Membership Here” and accept the Terms of Service. g. Review or update your employment details if necessary and click Submit. h. On the LandBank payment portal page, select your preferred payment method under Payment Options. i. Copy the Reference Number and follow the provided payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee. j. Take a screenshot of your transaction or the electronic receipt provided.
- Vacationing in the Philippines: If you are currently in the Philippines for vacation, you can also renew or apply for OWWA membership. You can book an appointment with the nearest DMW (Department of Labor and Employment) office and pay the OWWA membership fee on-site.
Please note that the information provided is based on the text you provided and may be subject to change. It is always advisable to contact the relevant authorities or check official sources for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding OWWA membership application and fee payment procedures.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Vietnam
there is no designated POLO-OWWA (Philippine Overseas Labor Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) office in Vietnam. Therefore, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Vietnam should reach out to the Philippine Embassy for further information regarding the application process for OWWA membership.
To facilitate a convenient OWWA membership application, OFWs can choose to download the OWWA Mobile App and renew their membership online. This allows them to complete the application process without the need for physical visits or paperwork.
However, for OFWs residing far from Hanoi, the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam conducts Mobile Consular Outreach Missions specifically for OFWs in Ho Chi Minh City. This means that OFWs in that area can renew their OWWA membership or apply for it at the nearest designated location during these outreach missions.
If the Embassy processes OWWA membership applications on-site, it is important to stay updated on the latest application requirements and entry protocols, such as providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test.
When visiting the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam or the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City for OWWA membership matters, it is crucial to adhere to appropriate attire guidelines. Wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirt), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers may result in entry being prohibited.
Due to the limited information available online regarding OWWA membership in Vietnam, it is recommended for OFWs to directly contact the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam and the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City for more detailed information and assistance. These offices will be able to provide accurate and up-to-date guidance regarding the OWWA membership application process in Vietnam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about OWWA membership in Vietnam:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Vietnam?
As of writing, there’s no designated POLO-OWWA office in Vietnam, and an online appointment system for OWWA membership isn’t available.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Vietnam?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Vietnam via Mobile Consular Outreach Missions or contact the Philippine Embassy in Hanoi for more details.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Log in to your account on OWWA Mobile App to renew your membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Vietnam?
The OWWA membership fee in Vietnam is US$25.00 converted to VND based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay the OWWA membership fee online by selecting an online bank or e-wallet payment on the OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership may be inactive if the validity year has exceeded or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory for workers who process their employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFWs can become OWWA members since they need to meet the eligibility criteria of OWWA and submit specific requirements.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active OWWA members. Inactive members can also avail themselves but only limited benefits.
OWWA Payment Online, How to Pay OWWA Membership via Gcash
For more details on OWWA membership,
“To conveniently renew your OWWA membership online, you can follow the instructions provided in this video on how to utilize the OWWA mobile app. Begin by logging in to your account or registering if you don’t have one. In case your OWWA membership is inactive, simply click on ‘Renew Membership Here’. Afterwards, if you prefer to make the payment through GCash, select ‘Cash Payment’ as the Payment Option on the LandBank payment portal page and click ‘Submit’. Proceed by choosing your desired Over-The-Counter merchant and clicking ‘Proceed’ again. Once you receive a Reference Number, you can make the payment for the OWWA membership fee using GCash. Alternatively, if you’re currently in Vietnam, you can ask your relatives and friends in the Philippines to settle the payment on your behalf.”
“Although information about OWWA membership in Vietnam is limited on the internet, there are still options available for OFWs to renew or apply for their OWWA membership. One way is through the Mobile Consular Outreach Missions, where OFWs can avail themselves of this service. Additionally, “Schedule OWWA Appointment for Membership in Vietnam | Step-by-Step Guide”the OWWA Mobile App offers an online membership renewal option for OFWs.
Furthermore, if OFWs are on vacation in the Philippines, it is recommended that they schedule an appointment with any DMW office to renew their OWWA membership. Overall, maintaining an active OWWA membership status is beneficial for OFWs and their families. Therefore, it is encouraged for OFWs to ensure their OWWA membership is up to date.”
Philippine Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam
Operating Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 27B Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Telephone Number: +84 24 3943 7948
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org (Consular Section) | email@example.com (Assistance to Nationals) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinVietnam
Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
Operating Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 998 Dong Van Cong Street Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Telephone Number: +84 28 3518 0045