For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Iran who are wondering how to process their OWWA membership, we have you covered. This article is also for those who are applying for OWWA membership for the first time in Iran. In today’s article, we will share the application processes and documentary requirements for OWWA membership. We have also included the contact details of relevant offices that can assist you. So, read on to learn how to process OWWA membership in Iran.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Iran
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is an agency that provides various benefits to Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) through obligatory contributions. It is attached to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). This agency was established on May 1, 1997, and mandated by the Philippine government to promote the welfare of OFWs, ensure their safety, and support their dependents.
The OWWA membership program offered by the agency includes different services and support for OFWs, benefiting their welfare, livelihood, and their dependents’ education. The agency also assists distressed OFWs and those who lose their jobs by providing financial and legal aid. Additionally, OWWA acts as an insurance for OFWs, ensuring medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial benefits. Therefore, OFWs in Iran should process their OWWA membership to access these benefits.
To apply for OWWA membership in Iran, you will need to follow these steps:
- Prepare the required documents:
- Accomplished OWWA Membership Application Form
- Photocopy of your passport (showing the page with your personal information and visa stamp)
- Photocopy of your work contract or employment certificate
- Proof of OWWA contribution payment (if applicable)
- Visit the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Iran. They will assist you with the application process and provide you with the necessary forms. You can contact them through the following details:[Insert contact details of the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Iran]
- Submit the completed application form and required documents to the embassy or consulate. Pay the necessary fees, if any, as instructed.
- Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive your OWWA membership certificate. Keep this document in a safe place as you may need it for future transactions with OWWA.
Remember to keep your OWWA membership updated and pay the necessary contributions regularly to ensure continuous access to the benefits and services provided by the agency.
If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to contact the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Iran. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding OWWA membership processing.
Note: It’s always advisable to verify the application process and requirements with the relevant authorities or embassy/consulate as they may have specific instructions or updates.
If you are renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Iran, you need to comply with the following primary documentary requirements for evaluation:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Original and copy of a valid Philippine passport (showing the data page).
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of the latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad.
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to IRR based on the foreign exchange rate.
Please ensure that you have all the necessary documents and comply with the requirements stated above when renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Iran.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) offers services and support to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). However, not all individuals are eligible to apply for OWWA membership. To become a member of OWWA, certain qualification criteria must be met and maintained.
OFWs who wish to apply for OWWA membership must be active and continuously employed as “legal” or “documented” workers, possessing a valid work permit and visa. This ensures that they are working legally in their host countries.
Additionally, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries can apply for OWWA membership. However, they must still maintain their Filipino citizenship and have full-time or permanent employment.
On the other hand, individuals who do not meet OWWA’s qualification criteria, including employees who fall outside the specified requirements, are not eligible to apply for OWWA membership.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Iran
As of the time of writing, Iran does not have an online appointment system for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership, and there is no designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in the country. However, the nearest POLO-OWWA office can be found in Beirut, Lebanon, where OWWA membership processing is available on-site.
Furthermore, the Philippine Embassy in Tehran, Iran, conducts Consular Outreach Missions, which may require an appointment. Therefore, for inquiries regarding OWWA membership, overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Iran can contact both the Philippine Embassy in Iran and the POLO-OWWA office in Lebanon.
On the other hand, if OFWs are vacationing in the Philippines, we advise them to contact the DMW (Department of Manpower Welfare) or OWWA Regional offices. Some of these offices may require an appointment, while others may accept walk-in applicants.
If you have any further questions or need additional information, please let me know.
Applying for OWWA membership in Iran
Based on the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Iran, they are conducting a Consular Outreach Mission. However, it is unclear whether they process OWWA membership during this event. Therefore, OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) should contact the embassy for more information regarding the Consular Outreach Mission.
If OFWs are vacationing in the Philippines, they can also process their OWWA membership on-site at the DMW (Department of Manpower and Welfare) or the OWWA Regional office. However, for convenience, we recommend that OFWs process their membership through the OWWA mobile app. This app allows OFWs to process their OWWA membership anytime and anywhere.
Please note that the information provided is based on the given context and may be subject to change. It is always best to directly contact the relevant authorities or offices for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Paying OWWA Membership in Iran
As mentioned, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) have several options to process their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership. They can do it on-site through Consular Outreach Mission, DMW (Designated Marketing Window), or OWWA Regional office. If you choose to process your OWWA membership on-site, you also have the option to pay the contribution fee on the same day, provided that you qualify.
However, if you prefer to process your OWWA membership through the OWWA mobile app, you can pay the membership fee using online banking, e-wallets, or over-the-counter payment centers within the country. Additionally, you can request your relatives in the Philippines to pay the OWWA membership fee using any of the available payment methods.
It’s important to note that this information is accurate as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. It’s advisable to verify the current procedures and payment options with the relevant authorities or OWWA themselves to ensure up-to-date information.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via On-site/Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Tehran, Iran)
To initiate the process of contacting the Philippine Embassy in Tehran, Iran, and booking an appointment for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership, kindly follow the steps below:
- Start by composing an email or making a phone call to the Philippine Embassy in Tehran, Iran. You can find their contact information on the official website of the embassy or by conducting a quick internet search. Request an appointment for OWWA membership application and provide your preferred date and time.
- Once you receive a confirmation email with the scheduled appointment, either print it out or take a screenshot for reference. Ensure that you have a copy of this confirmation as proof of your appointment.
- Proceed to gather all the necessary documentary requirements for your OWWA membership application. These requirements may include a valid passport, proof of overseas employment, proof of payment, and any other documents specified by the embassy or OWWA. Make sure to review the official guidelines or contact the embassy directly to verify the specific requirements.
- Visit the designated application site in Iran, which will typically be the Philippine Embassy in Tehran. It is important to arrive at the embassy on the scheduled appointment date and time.
- Once you arrive at the embassy, locate the OWWA counter or the designated office for membership applications. Submit all the required documents for evaluation. The embassy staff will review your documents and ensure they meet the necessary criteria.
- After your documents have been evaluated and approved, proceed to pay the OWWA membership fee. The embassy staff will provide you with the exact amount and guide you through the payment process. Once you have made the payment, ensure that you obtain the official receipt as proof of payment.
By following these steps, you should be able to contact the Philippine Embassy in Tehran, book an appointment for OWWA membership, complete the necessary documentation, and pay the membership fee to secure your OWWA membership. Remember to stay organized and thorough throughout the process to ensure a smooth experience.
Via OWWA mobile app
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Iran
Please keep in mind the following reminders when processing OWWA membership in Iran:
As of the time of writing, Iran does not have a designated Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the nearest POLO-OWWA office is located in Beirut, Lebanon.
Filipino overseas workers (OFWs) in Iran can process their Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership through various means. They can use the OWWA mobile app, avail of the services of the Department of Labor and Employment – Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO-OWWA) Regional office, or participate in Consular Outreach Missions conducted by the Philippine Embassy in Tehran.
When visiting the Embassy or any government office, OFWs should ensure that they are dressed appropriately. Wearing prohibited outfits, such as sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirts), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers, is not allowed and individuals dressed in such attire will be denied entry.
For OFWs who choose to process their OWWA membership on-site, it is important to bring proof of a confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to the visit.
OFWs seeking information or assistance regarding OWWA membership applications should reach out to the Philippine Embassy in Iran, POLO-OWWA Lebanon, or their agency. They can also visit the official websites and Facebook pages of these entities for the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Iran?
As of writing, there is no online appointment system for OWWA membership in Iran.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Iran?
You have several options to renew your OWWA membership in Iran. These include:
- Consular Outreach Mission: Keep an eye out for any Consular Outreach Missions organized by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Iran. These missions are typically held at specific locations and dates, allowing Filipino nationals to access various consular services, including OWWA membership renewal.
- OWWA Mobile App: Download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone. The app provides a convenient platform for OWWA members to access services and information, including membership renewal. Follow the instructions within the app to complete your renewal process.
- DMW (Digital Membership Waiver): Check if the OWWA website or the mobile app offers the option of a Digital Membership Waiver. This feature allows eligible members to renew their OWWA membership online, eliminating the need for physical documents. Follow the provided guidelines to complete your renewal digitally.
- OWWA Regional Office: If there is an OWWA Regional Office located near you in Iran, you can visit the office in person to renew your membership. Bring the necessary documents and inquire about the specific requirements and procedures for renewal.
Please note that it’s important to stay updated with the latest information from the OWWA and the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Iran regarding the available renewal methods and any specific requirements or changes in the process.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Iran?
The OWWA membership fee in Iran is US$25.00 converted to IRR based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
OWWA TULONG PUSO PROGRAM for OFW /SEAMAN
As mentioned in the video, the Tulong Puso program is one of the initiatives provided by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) for both sea-based and land-based Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). This program aims to provide a financial grant to a group of OFWs who intend to establish, expand, or rehabilitate a business in the Philippines. To avail this program, OFWs are required to apply for OWWA membership.
To summarize, OWWA membership offers numerous benefits to all overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), regardless of their circumstances, whether they are distressed or permanently residing in the Philippines. It can also provide assistance to OFWs with dependent students, easing their financial responsibilities. Therefore, OFWs in Iran are encouraged to apply for or renew their OWWA membership to gain access to a wide range of programs, services, and support in the long term. Additionally, it is important to reach out to the appropriate offices for further information regarding OWWA membership.
Philippine Embassy in Tehran, Iran
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, from Sunday to Thursday
Address: No. 13, Upper Alef St., Mamouhdieh (across Alef Book City) Tehran City
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinIran
Telephone Number: +98 21 2670 8413
Fax Number: +98 21 2670 8650
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 2nd Floor W. Building, Mar Geries St., Hadath, Baabda, Lebanon
Website: https://pololebanon.weebly.com/, https://beirutpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinLebanon/, https://web.facebook.com/pololebanon/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: POLO- +961 05 953 523, +961 71 418 657/ OWWA- +961 05 953 524