The Philippines is highly vulnerable to natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions, storm surges, floods, and landslides, which can cause significant damages and hardships for Filipinos in affected areas. In response to this, the Pag-IBIG Fund has introduced a Calamity Loan program for its eligible members, including those who are self-employed. This loan program, in addition to the Multi-Purpose Loan, can provide immediate financial assistance to alleviate the burden caused by natural calamities. This article will provide further details on the Pag IBIG Calamity Loan program, including its requirements and the process for applying online.
What is Pag-IBIG Fund Calamity Loan?
To add to the Pag-IBIG MPL, Pag-IBIG Fund members in areas declared by the Office of the President or the Sangguniang Bayan as needing financial assistance due to a calamity or natural disaster can also avail of the Calamity Loan. The Calamity Loan Program of Pag-IBIG Fund covers both man-made and naturally occurring disasters and hazards, such as those listed below:
How to be eligible for a Pag-IBIG Fund Calamity Loan?
To qualify for the loan, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have a minimum of 24 months of savings in your Pag-IBIG Regular Savings account.
- You must be an active member with at least one monthly contribution in the last six months prior to the loan application date.
- Your Pag-IBIG account must not be in default if you have an existing Housing or Multi-Purpose loan (MPL) and/or a Calamity Loan.
- You must provide proof of income.
In addition to these requirements, the borrower must be a Filipino citizen and reside in an area that has been declared a State of Calamity by either the President’s Office or the Local Sanggunian authority.
How much Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan amount can I borrow?
Pag-IBIG members have the option to borrow up to 80% of their total regular savings, which includes the monthly contributions, employer’s contributions, and accumulated profits.
The loan amount will be calculated based on the member’s entire Pag-IBIG Regular Savings minus any outstanding balance for Multi-Purpose and/or Calamity Loans.
It is important to note that the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan carries an annual interest rate of 5.95%.
How to get a Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan Online
Rewritten: “You now have the option to conveniently apply for a Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan online using your Pag-IBIG Regular Savings. To learn how, refer to these guidelines:”
To apply for a calamity loan from Pag-IBIG, you will need to submit several documents. These include an accomplished Calamity Loan Application Form, at least two valid IDs, a declaration stating that you have been affected by calamities (for employed members), proof of income, and a selfie that shows both your cash card and ID card.
Steps for Online Loan Application
To request a Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan, you can select from the various online application methods available:
Via Virtual Pag-IBIG
- Go to www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig.
- Select “Apply or Manage Loans” and then choose “Apply for a Short-term Loan” to start the application process.
- Confirm that you have all the required documents and then click “Proceed.”
- Choose “Calamity Loan” from the Select Loan Type dropdown menu.
- Enter your Pag-IBIG membership ID number or MID.
- Click “Validate your MID number” to verify it.
- Provide your contact information once your MID number has been verified.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone.
- Click “Proceed” after reading the Data Privacy agreement.
- Enter the OTP and click “Proceed.”
- Review your Calamity Loan application form and click “Next” when done.
- Indicate whether you have a Cash Card or a Loyalty Plus Card.
- Enter your card number and then click “Check cash card status.”
- Proceed to the next step if your card is valid.
- Upload scanned copies of your Calamity Loan Application (both front and back), a valid ID, and a selfie.
- Submit your application.
- Your reference number will be sent to your registered mobile phone number.
Via E-MAIL filing
The Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan can be submitted through email as well, according to Pag-IBIG. This is the safest option during the COVID-19 pandemic. To submit a loan application via email, follow these steps:
Step 1: Fill out and sign the online calamity loan application form. Two witnesses should also sign the document.
Step 2: After signing the Application Agreement, scan or take a photo of the application form and email it to your company’s HR, Fund coordinator, or authorized representative. They will print the paperwork and return it to you.
Step 3: Scan or take a photo of your valid government-issued ID, Landbank, DBP cashcard, UCPB, or Loyalty Card Plus.
Step 4: Submit the completed application form, with your signature and the signature of your employer, along with a valid photo ID and a cash card, to the Pag-IBIG email address associated with the main office of your company. You or your employer may submit the application form and other documentation through email, depending on your HR agreement.
It’s good to know that Filipinos have immediate financial assistance from Pag-IBIG Fund in the event of natural disasters. However, investing in a flood-free and safe property like the house and lot packages offered by Lumina Homes is always the best option.
Through Lumina Homes, residents and future homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that their home investment can withstand any natural disaster. This is because every home model unit is built using Cast-In Place and Industrialized Building System or IBS.
So, invest in your lifetime investment with Lumina Homes communities today and be practical!