If you are an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) in Kuwait and need to apply for or renew your OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership, follow this guide for detailed information on the process.Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Kuwait
- Visit the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Kuwait office: To pay for and keep your OWWA account active, you need to visit the POLO Kuwait office. It is recommended to check the official Facebook Page of POLO Kuwait for any updates on Consular Missions or appointment scheduling for OWWA renewal.
- Appointment schedule: Currently, there might not be a specific appointment schedule in place. However, it is advisable to stay updated through the official Facebook Page of POLO Kuwait to check if they conduct Consular Missions or if they provide a system for appointment scheduling for OWWA renewal.
Queuing and waiting time: When planning to visit the office, anticipate the possibility of queuing before your turn. Take into account the waiting time that may be involved.
- Visit the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Kuwait: To apply for OWWA membership, you need to visit the POLO office in Kuwait. The POLO office is responsible for the welfare of OFWs and is affiliated with the Philippine Embassy.
- Submit the required documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your OWWA membership application. These typically include your passport, work visa, employment contract, and a filled-out OWWA membership form. It’s advisable to contact the POLO office beforehand to confirm the exact requirements.
- Attend the pre-membership seminar: As part of the OWWA membership process, you will need to attend a pre-membership seminar. This seminar provides information about OWWA programs, benefits, and services available to OFWs. The POLO office will schedule and inform you of the seminar details.
- Pay the membership fee: Once you have completed the pre-membership seminar, you will be required to pay the OWWA membership fee. The fee amount may vary, so it’s best to inquire at the POLO office for the current rate and accepted payment methods.
- Receive your OWWA membership certificate: After paying the membership fee, you will receive your OWWA membership certificate. This document serves as proof of your membership and eligibility for OWWA programs and services.
Being an OWWA member provides you with access to various benefits and services, including welfare assistance, educational scholarships, livelihood programs, and repatriation assistance, among others. OWWA aims to improve the lives of OFWs and their dependents by ensuring their well-being while working abroad and supporting their reintegration into Philippine society when they return.
Remember to stay updated with the latest information from the POLO office in Kuwait regarding OWWA membership processes, requirements, and any changes that may occur.
OFWs based in Kuwait applying or renewing their OWWA membership should comply with the following requirements listed below before they become an active member of the institution, including:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
For the processing of your documents, please make sure to provide the following:
- Original passport and a photocopy of the data page.
- Photocopy of the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Verified Employment Contract.
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment.
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) need to present a letter of certification from their employer or company. The letter should verify that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Contract Verification fee of 3.250 KD.
- OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) Membership fee of 8.93 KD.
- Personal appearance is required.
Please ensure that you have all the necessary documents and fees ready for the processing. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask.
OWWA is mandated by the Philippine Government to safeguard the well-being of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. However, individuals must meet specific qualifications set by the institution to access the services and programs provided to active OWWA members.
To become an OWWA member or renew their membership, new applicants and OFWs need to be actively and continuously employed as “legal” or “documented” workers under the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). Additionally, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency in the country where they work, while maintaining their Filipino citizenship, are eligible to apply for OWWA membership.
On the other hand, individuals who are not actively and continuously employed cannot apply for or renew their OWWA membership. This includes employees who fall under the following categories:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Kuwait
“While most POLO-OWWA offices have implemented an appointment system for applicants seeking services, the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office currently does not require an appointment for OWWA Membership Renewal. At present, their booking link does not provide this specific service.
To confirm the latest updates and available services for appointment booking, you can visit the OWWA appointment booking website at https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/.
However, it is important to note that other services can be booked through their online system, such as phone interviews for workers who have completed the Sinumpaang Salaysay, Waiver/Quitclaim, and SENA processes, as well as welfare cases for Visa 17 and 18, and Visa 20.
Although there is no mention of the need for an appointment for OWWA membership renewal on their website, applicants can still visit the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office directly and wait in line for assistance. It is worth noting that the OWWA Membership Renewal service may be incorporated into the appointment system in the future, so it is advisable to periodically check their website and official Facebook page for updates.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Kuwait
As mentioned previously, the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office does not currently require OFWs to have a scheduled appointment for applying or renewing their OWWA membership. Therefore, you can go directly to their office and pay the OWWA membership fee there.
However, since there is no appointment system in place, you will need to wait in line to process your OWWA membership application. It is recommended to arrive early to ensure that you can complete your membership process on the same day. Additionally, make sure to regularly check their website and official Facebook page for any further updates or changes.
Please note that the above information is subject to change, and it is always a good idea to stay updated by referring to the official sources mentioned.
- Determine your eligibility: Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria set by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) for membership. Generally, OWWA membership is open to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) with valid work contracts.
- Prepare the necessary documents: Gather the required documents for OWWA membership application or renewal. This typically includes your passport, work contract, and other relevant identification documents. It’s best to check the OWWA website or contact their office to confirm the specific documents needed.
- Visit the nearest OWWA office: Locate the nearest OWWA office in your area. You can find the list of OWWA offices on their official website or through other reliable sources. Visit the office during their working hours.
- Fill out the membership form: Obtain an OWWA membership form from the OWWA office or download it from their website. Fill out the form completely and accurately. Provide all the necessary information, including your personal details, employment information, and contact details.
- Submit the membership form: Once you have completed the form, submit it along with the required documents to the designated OWWA personnel. They will review your application and confirm the amount of the membership fee.
- Pay the membership fee: After the OWWA personnel has reviewed your application, they will provide you with the total amount of the membership fee. Pay the fee at the OWWA office through their accepted payment methods, which may include cash, credit card, or other specified modes of payment. Obtain an official receipt for your payment.
- Receive your OWWA membership certificate: Once you have paid the membership fee and provided all the necessary documents, the OWWA personnel will process your application. If everything is in order, they will issue your OWWA membership certificate. This certificate serves as proof of your OWWA membership.
- Keep your OWWA membership certificate safe: It’s important to keep your OWWA membership certificate in a secure place. This certificate may be required for certain transactions or benefits provided by OWWA, so it’s advisable to make a photocopy or keep a digital copy as a backup.
Remember to regularly check the OWWA website or contact their office for any updates or changes to the membership application process or requirements.
- Visit the POLO-OWWA office in Kuwait.
- Obtain a form for OWWA Membership Renewal.
- Request your employer to provide you with a Contract Verification/Certificate of Employment that includes their signature.
- Wait in line and submit the required documents at the payment counter.
- Pay the Contract Verification fee of 3.250 KD.
- Follow the teller’s instructions to proceed to the OWWA window, located next to the Contract Verification window.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee of 8.93 KD.
- Once you have paid all the necessary fees, collect your official receipt, and you will become an active member of OWWA.
Please note that procedures and fees may be subject to change, so it’s always advisable to double-check with the relevant office before proceeding.
Reminders when Going to OWWA Kuwait
To ensure a hassle-free process for your application or renewal of OWWA membership at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office, please follow the reminders listed below:
- Ensure that all your requirements are complete before submitting them. The officer in charge will not process applications with incomplete requirements.
- Remember to claim your official payment receipt on the same day you pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Wear proper attire, preferably smart casual, when visiting the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office. Sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers are strictly prohibited since it is a government premises.
- Always maintain social distancing and wear face masks at all times.
- OFWs are advised to arrive early to avoid long queues.
Following these reminders will help ensure a smooth and efficient process for your OWWA membership application or renewal at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office.
OWWA Membership Guide in Kuwait
As depicted in the video, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Kuwait who wish to renew their OWWA membership now have the option to do so through the OWWA mobile app. The video demonstrated the application process and highlighted that there may be additional fees associated with certain payment options. Consequently, OFWs in Kuwait now have the convenient choice to renew their OWWA membership online.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the services offered by POLO-OWWA Kuwait?
Considering that overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) abroad require services and programs that are beneficial for their welfare, there are various services they can avail of from the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) office in Kuwait. Some of these services include:
- Assistance in Employment Contracts: The POLO-OWWA office can provide guidance and support to OFWs in Kuwait regarding their employment contracts. They can review the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that it complies with the labor laws and regulations of both the host country and the Philippines.
- Grievance Handling and Dispute Resolution: If an OFW encounters any work-related issues, such as disputes with employers or violations of labor rights, the POLO-OWWA office can assist in mediating and resolving these conflicts. They can provide legal advice, facilitate negotiations, and advocate for the rights and welfare of the OFWs.
- Welfare and Protection Services: The POLO-OWWA office offers various welfare and protection programs to address the needs of OFWs in Kuwait. These services may include repatriation assistance during emergencies, legal assistance in cases of abuse or exploitation, and medical and financial aid for distressed OFWs.
- Skills Training and Reintegration Programs: The office also provides skills training programs to enhance the employability of OFWs and support their reintegration into the Philippine workforce upon their return. These programs aim to equip OFWs with new skills and knowledge that can open up additional job opportunities and improve their livelihoods.
- Social and Community Services: The POLO-OWWA office organizes social and community activities for OFWs in Kuwait. These events may include gatherings, seminars, and workshops that promote camaraderie among OFWs and provide opportunities for networking and mutual support.
- Information and Education Campaigns: The office conducts information and education campaigns to raise awareness among OFWs about their rights, responsibilities, and available support services. These campaigns aim to empower OFWs with knowledge to make informed decisions and protect themselves from potential risks and abuses.
It is important for OFWs in Kuwait to be aware of these services and programs provided by the POLO-OWWA office to ensure their welfare and well-being while working overseas.
Services of POLO Kuwait
Employment Contract Verification: We offer assistance in verifying employment contracts for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). Our team can review the terms and conditions of your contract to ensure that they comply with labor laws and provide you with the necessary protection and benefits.
Applications for Balik-Manggagawa: We assist OFWs in processing their applications for the Balik-Manggagawa program. Our knowledgeable staff can guide you through the application process and help you meet the requirements to ensure a smooth and hassle-free return to work abroad.
Assistance to OFWs with Labor-related Cases and Issues: If you are facing labor-related cases or issues while working overseas, our team can provide you with legal assistance and advice. We understand the challenges that OFWs may encounter and are here to support you in resolving any employment disputes or concerns.
Welfare Assistance: We prioritize the welfare of OFWs and provide various forms of assistance to address your needs. Whether it’s financial aid, medical support, or other welfare services, we strive to ensure that you are well taken care of during your employment abroad.
Temporary Shelter for Distressed OFWs: In cases where OFWs find themselves in distressing situations or are in need of temporary shelter, we offer assistance. Our organization provides safe and secure accommodations, ensuring that you have a place to stay while we work towards resolving your situation.
Conciliation and Counseling: We provide conciliation and counseling services to help resolve conflicts between OFWs and their employers. Our experienced team can facilitate discussions, mediate disputes, and provide guidance to promote understanding and amicable resolutions.
Repatriation of Documented OFWs to the Philippines: If you are a documented OFW in need of repatriation to the Philippines, we can assist you in coordinating your return. Our organization works closely with government agencies and partners to ensure a smooth repatriation process, including arranging travel logistics and providing necessary support.
Validation of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates issued in Kuwait: We offer validation services for COVID-19 vaccination certificates issued in Kuwait. Our team can verify the authenticity and validity of your vaccination records, providing you with the necessary documentation for travel or other purposes.
Please note that the information provided above is a general overview of the services we offer. For specific details and assistance, we recommend reaching out to our organization directly.
Services of OWWA Kuwait
This program aims to provide educational and training opportunities for Filipino seafarers, helping them enhance their skills and knowledge to excel in their chosen fields. It offers financial support for educational expenses and access to various training programs.
Training Program for Filipino Seafarers: This initiative focuses on providing specialized training to Filipino seafarers, equipping them with the necessary skills and competencies required for their specific roles in the maritime industry. The program aims to improve their job prospects and enhance their overall professional development.
Education for Development Scholarship Program (for OFWs dependents): This scholarship program is designed to support the educational needs of dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). It provides financial assistance for tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses, ensuring that the children of OFWs have access to quality education and better future opportunities.
OFW Dependents Scholarship Program: Similar to the Education for Development Scholarship Program, this initiative specifically targets the dependents of OFWs. It offers scholarships and financial aid to help them pursue higher education, enabling them to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in their chosen careers.
Education and Livelihood Assistance Program: This program provides educational support and livelihood assistance to individuals who are seeking to improve their skills and generate sustainable income. It includes training programs, financial aid, and mentorship opportunities to empower participants and promote economic self-sufficiency.
Skills for Employment Scholarship Program: The Skills for Employment Scholarship Program aims to address the skills gap and facilitate the employment of Filipinos by providing scholarships for vocational and technical training. This program focuses on equipping individuals with in-demand skills to enhance their employability and increase their chances of finding gainful employment.
Reintegration Program: The Reintegration Program is designed to assist returning Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in reintegrating into the local workforce. It offers various services such as career counseling, skills assessment, job placement assistance, and entrepreneurship training, with the goal of facilitating a smooth transition and successful reintegration into the local community.
Enterprise Development and Loan Program: This program aims to support the establishment and growth of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) by providing financial assistance in the form of loans and business development services. It aims to promote entrepreneurship and create sustainable livelihood opportunities for OFWs and their dependents.
Social Benefits Program: The Social Benefits Program provides a range of welfare benefits and services to OFWs and their families. These benefits may include health and medical assistance, social security coverage, housing support, and other forms of social assistance to improve the well-being and quality of life of OFWs and their dependents.
Disability and Dismemberment Benefit: This benefit provides financial assistance to OFWs who have suffered permanent disability or dismemberment as a result of their work abroad. It aims to provide support and compensation for the physical and economic challenges faced by injured or disabled OFWs.
Death and Burial Benefit: The Death and Burial Benefit is a financial assistance program that provides support to the families of deceased OFWs. It covers the costs associated with repatriation, funeral expenses, and other related expenses, offering financial relief during a difficult time.
OWWA E-Card: The OWWA E-Card is a multipurpose identification card issued to active OWWA members. It serves as proof of membership and provides access to various OWWA programs and services. The card may also serve as a valid government ID for OFWs, enabling them to avail of certain privileges and benefits.
OWWA Rebate Program: The OWWA Rebate Program aims to provide financial assistance to eligible OWWA members by offering a rebate on their OWWA membership contributions. The program seeks to give back to OFWs and their families by returning a portion of their contributions, helping alleviate
2. Where is the POLO office in Kuwait located?
The POLO-OWWA Kuwait is at Villa 35, Block 1, Abdulrahman Al Ghafiqi Street, Salwa Area.
3. Can I go directly to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
Yes, you can go directly as they accept walk-in applicants. However, please make sure to wear your face mask at all times and maintain a distance from other individuals.
4. Is there an Appointment System for Membership Renewal at POLO-OWWA Kuwait?
As of the current moment, the OWWA appointment website does not provide the option for OWWA Membership Renewal. However, the website does offer various other services for which OFWs can schedule appointments. It is unclear whether the website is the official platform for booking appointments for OWWA membership renewal. Nonetheless, based on information from OFWs in Kuwait, Filipinos have the option to visit the Philippine Embassy directly to initiate the process for their OWWA membership renewal.
5. Can I pay for my OWWA membership without going to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
Yes, it is possible to pay for the renewal of your OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership without visiting the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office. Instead, you can utilize the OWWA mobile app to renew your membership and make the payment. The app offers various payment options, and once you have selected your preferred option, you can provide the transaction code to your relatives in the Philippines. They can then proceed to make the payment at the nearest OWWA Regional office or authorized payment centers. It is important to choose a payment option that is easily accessible for your relatives.
6. Are there other fees that I can pay at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
Apart from the OWWA membership fee and Contract Verification fee, there are additional government contribution fees that you can pay. These include the Social Security System (SSS) fee, which amounts to 22 KD for a three-month period, and the Pag-IBIG (Home Development Mutual Fund) fee, which is 20 KD for three months.
7. When will I become an active member of OWWA?
“OWWA membership is automatically granted when an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) pays the required contribution amount. Therefore, upon payment of the membership fee, an individual becomes an active member of OWWA.”
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Kuwait?
The OWWA membership fee in Kuwait is exactly 8.93 KD. Be advised that this rate may change according to exchange rates equivalent to USD 25.
9. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not working in Kuwait?
For overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who are not currently in Kuwait, you have the option to apply for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership at the nearest POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) office in the country where you are currently based. As of now, there are 34 POLO offices located across various regions including America, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific.
This widespread network of POLO offices makes it convenient for you to apply for OWWA membership regardless of your location. Moreover, OWWA has introduced a mobile app that allows you to renew your membership. This means that you can easily process your application and renewal, regardless of your whereabouts in the world.
Please note that the provided information is based on the knowledge available up until September 2021, and it is always recommended to verify the latest requirements and procedures directly with the relevant authorities or through updated official channels.
10. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
No, you cannot renew your passport at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office. Instead, you need to visit the Embassy of the Philippines in Kuwait’s website at https://kuwaitpe.dfa.gov.ph/. There, you can book an appointment for passport renewal.
11. Does the OWWA membership expire?
apologize for any confusion. Yes, the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership does expire, and its validity is for two years. However, there are certain circumstances that can cause the membership to automatically expire before the two-year period is completed. These include having an expired working visa or changing employers.
According to the institution, the two-year validity of OWWA membership applies specifically to the employer listed during the application. If you change employers within a period of less than two years, your OWWA membership will become inactive.
The OWWA membership provided to OFWs offers numerous benefits, allowing them to access a range of services, programs, and support while they are abroad. Furthermore, their dependents can also benefit from the institution through the Education for Development Scholarship Program. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that OFWs in Kuwait maintain an active OWWA membership to avail themselves of these benefits. Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Kuwait
To conveniently check their membership status or renew their OWWA membership, OFWs can also opt to download the OWWA mobile app.
MWO / POLO-OWWA Kuwait
Operating Hours: 7 am to 2 pm from Sunday to Thursday
Address: Villa 35, Block 1, Abdulrahman Al Ghafiqi Street, Salwa Area
POLO-OWWA Kuwait Hotline: +965-9403-9063
POLO Kuwait Email: Polokuwait2017@gmail.com
OWWA Kuwait Email: Kuwait@owwa.gov.ph
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MWO.Kuwait/
Google Map Location
Please check the address map guide to POLO office in Kuwait below: