Are you interested in learning about the process of obtaining OWWA membership in Pakistan? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will provide an overview of the application process for OWWA membership in Pakistan. This information is primarily intended for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Pakistan whose OWWA membership has expired, as well as those who have obtained employment in Pakistan on a visit visa and wish to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership. We will also provide contact details for relevant offices where you can inquire about OWWA membership in Pakistan. Let’s begin!Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Pakistan
Before we delve into the application process, let’s first discuss what OWWA is. The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is an agency mandated by the Philippine government to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency is attached to the Department of Labor and Employment and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and it provides assistance to OFWs worldwide. Through the membership program offered by OWWA, OFWs and their dependents can access services and support to enhance their livelihood, well-being, and welfare.
OWWA offers various forms of assistance, including legal support and financial aid, to OFWs facing challenging situations in their work or experiencing financial and health problems. By ensuring the welfare of OFWs, the OWWA membership program serves as a form of insurance, covering medical and disability expenses as well as providing assistance in cases of calamity, death, and burial. Therefore, OFWs in Pakistan who are not yet OWWA members or have an expired membership status should proceed with processing their OWWA membership to avail themselves of these benefits.
For detailed information on the application process and requirements for OWWA membership in Pakistan, we recommend contacting the relevant offices. You can reach out to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Pakistan or the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate. These offices will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding the OWWA membership application process specific to your location.
In conclusion, obtaining OWWA membership in Pakistan is essential for OFWs to access the benefits and support provided by OWWA. By reaching out to the appropriate offices and following the necessary procedures, OFWs can ensure the protection and well-being of themselves and their dependents.
Here are the primary documentary requirements you should secure when renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Pakistan:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of a valid Philippine passport (showing the data page).
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment: a. Certificate of Employment. b. Company ID. c. Copy of the latest payslip. d. Work or residence permit. e. Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad.
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to PKR based on the foreign exchange rate.
Please note that these requirements are subject to change, and it is always advisable to contact the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Pakistan or the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the OWWA membership application process and requirements.
Remember to duly complete the OWWA Information Sheet and gather the necessary documents before submitting your application.
“With its mandate to ensure the safety and promote the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents, the services and programs provided by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) undoubtedly offer significant benefits to its members. However, not all OFWs are eligible to become members as OWWA has established qualification criteria. To be an OWWA member, OFWs must have active and continuous employment, be considered “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
In addition, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries while retaining their Filipino citizenship and maintaining full-time or permanent employment are eligible to become OWWA members. Conversely, OFWs who do not meet or cannot maintain these criteria are unable to apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including those who are:
- Working on irregular or undocumented contracts
- Working without valid work permits or visas
- Working as illegal immigrants
It is important for OFWs to meet the requirements set by OWWA to avail themselves of the organization’s programs and services. These initiatives are designed to safeguard the rights and well-being of OFWs and their families, ensuring their protection and support while working overseas.”
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Pakistan
At the time of writing, Pakistan does not have an online appointment system for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership due to the absence of a designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in the country. Therefore, OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Pakistan should reach out to the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad to inquire about the application process for OWWA membership.
Additionally, OFWs in Pakistan can also contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate offices in Karachi and Lahore for further assistance. The nearest POLO offices that OFWs in Pakistan can refer to are located in Riyadh and Beirut. These POLO offices conduct on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal, but an appointment is required.
Hence, it is advisable to contact the POLO offices to inquire if this registration process is applicable to OFWs in Pakistan. For OFWs who are on vacation in the Philippines, they can process their OWWA membership at DMW (Department of Manpower and Welfare) or OWWA Regional offices. It is recommended to contact their respective offices to inquire whether an appointment is necessary.
Please note that the information provided is based on the situation at the time of writing, and it is always recommended to double-check with the relevant authorities or offices for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Applying for OWWA membership in Pakistan
The official website and Facebook page of the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan do not provide relevant information regarding the application for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership. However, they organize Consular Outreach Missions where on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal are often conducted.
Therefore, we recommend that OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Pakistan get in touch with the Embassy and their Honorary Consulates in Karachi and Lahore for more information. Additionally, they can contact POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in Lebanon and Saudi Arabia for on-site OWWA membership options, or process it at the DMW (Department of Manpower and Welfare) or OWWA Regional office if they are on vacation in the Philippines.
Another convenient option for OFWs in Pakistan is to use the OWWA mobile app to process their membership. Through this app, you can renew your OWWA membership anytime and anywhere. Simply create an account and proceed with your OWWA membership application at your convenience.
Paying OWWA Membership in Pakistan
As mentioned, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Pakistan have two options to process their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership: on-site and online. If you choose the on-site method, you can process your OWWA membership through the Consular Outreach Mission of the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan, DMW (Department of Manpower and Welfare), or the OWWA Regional office. Once you qualify, you can pay the OWWA membership fee on-site.
However, if you prefer to renew your membership online, you can download the OWWA mobile app and create an account to initiate the OWWA membership process. Through this online process, you will have different payment options available, including online banking, e-wallets, and over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. Alternatively, you can ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay the contribution fee on your behalf.
It’s important to note that we recommend contacting the relevant offices to inquire about the latest application process and requirements for OWWA membership before proceeding with the steps mentioned above.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission
To begin the process of contacting the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan and booking an appointment for on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan: Call or email the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan to inquire about the process and availability of appointments for OWWA membership registration and renewal. Provide them with your personal details and preferred dates for the appointment.
- Secure the documentary requirements: Inquire about the necessary documents required for the OWWA membership registration and renewal. Typically, the requirements may include your passport, proof of employment or overseas work, and any other specific documents requested by the embassy.
- Book an appointment: Once you have contacted the embassy, they will provide you with available dates and times for your appointment. Select a suitable slot and confirm the appointment.
- Confirmation of appointment: After booking your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email from the embassy. Make sure to print out the confirmation or take a screenshot as proof of the confirmed appointment schedule. Keep this document handy for your visit to the embassy.
- Visit the designated application site: On the day of your appointment, head to the designated application site as directed by the Philippine Embassy. Plan your travel accordingly to arrive on time.
- Submission of requirements: Proceed to the OWWA counter at the application site and submit all the required documents for evaluation. The embassy staff will review your documents and guide you through the registration and renewal process.
- Payment of OWWA membership fee: Once your documents are evaluated and approved, you will be required to pay the OWWA membership fee. The embassy staff will provide you with the necessary instructions to complete the payment. After making the payment, claim the official receipt for your records.
It’s important to note that the specific process may vary slightly, so it is advisable to contact the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding OWWA membership registration and renewal.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account and provide an active email address. This email will be used to send you temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details provided.
- Open the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once logged in to your account, click the “Information” button located at the bottom tab of the app.
- You will see your membership status displayed, indicating whether it is active or inactive.
- If your membership is inactive, click on “Renew Membership Here” and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary, and then click “Submit”.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click on “Payment Option” and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number provided and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
After completing the payment, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Pakistan
Please take note of the following reminders if you’re processing your OWWA membership in Pakistan:
As of the current time, Pakistan does not have a designated Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). However, OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Pakistan can seek assistance from the nearest POLO offices located in Beirut, Lebanon, and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
OFWs in Pakistan have several options to process their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership. They can do so through the DMW (Duty-Free World), the OWWA Regional office, the OWWA mobile app, or by participating in Consular Outreach Missions organized by the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad.
When visiting the Embassy or any government office, OFWs are required to adhere to a proper dress code. Wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirts), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers is strictly prohibited.
For OFWs processing their OWWA membership on-site, it is necessary to bring proof of a confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to the visit.
It is recommended that OFWs in Pakistan get in touch with the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad and the Honorary Consulate offices in Karachi and Lahore for any assistance they may require. Additionally, they can request help with their OWWA membership applications from POLO Lebanon, POLO Saudi Arabia, or their recruitment agency. To stay updated with the latest announcements, it is advised to regularly visit the official website and Facebook pages of the respective offices.
HOW TO KNOW ACTIVE OR INACTIVE OWWA MEMBER/ HOW TO REGISTER OWWA MOBILE APP
As mentioned in the video, overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) have the option to verify the status of their Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership using the OWWA mobile app. This convenient application also enables OFWs to avail themselves of the various benefits provided by OWWA. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you download the OWWA mobile app and renew your membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Pakistan?
As of writing, Pakistan doesn’t have an online appointment for OWWA membership.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Pakistan?
OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Pakistan have the option to renew their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership through various channels, including the OWWA mobile app, DMW (Duty-Free Worldwide), the OWWA Regional office, and Consular Outreach Missions organized by the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad. These avenues provide convenient and accessible means for OFWs to ensure the continuation of their OWWA membership and avail themselves of the benefits and services offered by the organization.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Pakistan?
The OWWA membership fee in Pakistan is US$25.00 converted to PKR based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
To summarize, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Pakistan should give priority to renewing their Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership. This will ensure that they have access to the various benefits offered by OWWA whenever they need them. As there is no specific information available about OWWA membership in Pakistan, we recommend that OFWs contact the relevant offices to verify the latest application process and requirements.
Philippine Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Zhou Enlai Avenue Plot No. 3-5 Diplomatic Enclave Sector G-5, Islamabad, Pakistan
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHInPakistan
Telephone Number: +92 333 1509891
Fax Number: +92-51 (8487513)
Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Karachi, Pakistan
Address: Office No. 301 JOFA Tower, SB 23-24, Main University Road, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Block 13-C, Karachi, Pakistan
Telephone Number: +92-21 (34820477)
Mobile Number: +92-300-0402664
Philippine Honorary Consulate in Lahore, Pakistan
Address: 3rd Floor, Aadil Hospital Building, Main Boulevard DHA Lahore Cantonment Lahore Punjab Province
Telephone Number: +92-42 (36667275)
Mobile Number: +92-300-8543237, +92-300-8546379
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 2nd Floor W. Building, Mar Geries St., Hadath, Baabda, Lebanon
Website: https://pololebanon.weebly.com/, https://beirutpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinLebanon/, https://web.facebook.com/pololebanon/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
POLO: +961 05 953 523, +961 71 418 657
OWWA: +961 05 953 524
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday)
Address: 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103
Website: https: https://poloksa-ph.com/, https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Polo-Owwa-Riyadh-2021-103598298509929/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
POLO-OWWA Riyadh Hotline: +966 50 285 0944