To ensure access to the services, programs, and support available to registered members, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Geneva, Switzerland, should prioritize applying for or renewing their membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). Even OFWs who have obtained employment in Switzerland through a visit visa are encouraged to voluntarily apply for OWWA membership to receive protection and benefits. If you are wondering about the process of renewing OWWA membership in Geneva, Switzerland, please refer to our detailed guide below.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency mandated to safeguard and promote the welfare of OFWs and their dependents worldwide. This agency collaborates with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) (formerly known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration or POEA). Schedule OWWA Appointment for Membership in Switzerland | Easy Steps & Guidelines They ensure that OFWs have obtained legal employment and can access adequate assistance.
By becoming an OWWA member, OFWs can avail themselves of various forms of support, programs, and services to assist them in their careers and lives. OWWA can provide legal assistance to OFWs facing conflicts with their employers and offer Covid-19 support during challenging times.
Moreover, active OWWA members can benefit from livelihood programs, loans, education and training benefits, scholarships, repatriation and reintegration programs, as well as assistance with medical expenses, disability, calamity, death, and burial. Therefore, OFWs in Geneva, Switzerland, are advised to maintain an active OWWA membership to maximize the benefits available to them.
Requirements for Schedule OWWA Appointment for Membership in Switzerland
If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) in Switzerland and intend to apply for or renew your OWWA membership, you need to submit the following requirements to POLO Geneva:
- Duly accomplished OWWA OSMP Information Sheet.
- Proof of Employment: You can provide any of the following documents as proof of employment:
- Carte legitimacion
- Signed Employment Contract or Offer
- Pay slip
- Company ID
- Application for Philippine Insurance with the employer’s signature
- Other relevant employment documents.
- Copy of passport showing the data page.
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to CHF based on the foreign exchange rate.
Ensure that you have completed the OWWA OSMP Information Sheet, which is an essential requirement. Additionally, gather the necessary proof of employment documents, such as the Carte legitimacion, signed employment contract or offer, pay slip, company ID, and any other relevant employment documents.
Don’t forget to include a copy of your passport showing the data page. This is required for identification purposes.
Lastly, be prepared to pay the OWWA membership fee of US$25.00. You should convert this amount to CHF based on the prevailing foreign exchange rate.
Once you have compiled all the required documents and completed the necessary forms, you can submit them to POLO Geneva for processing your OWWA membership application or renewal.
Through the OWWA membership, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents can avail themselves of various services, programs, and support aimed at improving their lives and careers. However, not everyone is eligible to apply for OWWA membership, as it requires individuals to be actively and continuously employed as “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas. Additionally, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and are still Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent jobs can apply for OWWA membership.
Nevertheless, OFWs who do not have active and continuous employment are unable to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. This includes individuals who are:
- Due for termination: OFWs whose employment contracts are scheduled to end.
- Terminated: OFWs whose employment has been officially terminated.
- Due for cancellation: OFWs whose work permits or visas are set to be canceled.
- Canceled: OFWs whose work permits or visas have already been canceled.
- Resigned: OFWs who have voluntarily resigned from their employment.
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme: OFWs who are not receiving any wages due to the absence of work.
These categories of OFWs, without active and continuous employment, are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership.
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Geneva, Switzerland
POLO Geneva, Switzerland, does not have an online appointment system for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership applications or renewals. However, there was an announcement on the official website of the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) in Geneva, Switzerland, stating that POLO required an appointment for OWWA membership application or renewal from December 20, 2021, to January 24, 2022.
To determine if it is still necessary to book an appointment, it is recommended to visit their official website and Facebook page for the latest updates. Additionally, while POLO Geneva previously accepted walk-in applicants for OWWA membership, it is advisable to contact their office directly to confirm if an appointment is necessary.
If you need to set up an appointment for OWWA membership application, you can follow these steps:
- Call 0227163258 to book an appointment. This is the contact number for POLO Geneva, Switzerland.
- Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com. Provide the necessary details and request an appointment for the OWWA membership application or renewal.
- If you are unable to reach them via phone or email, you can try messaging the Facebook page of the Philippine Embassy in Switzerland for further assistance.
It is important to note that these instructions are based on the information available up until September 2021, and it is recommended to verify the latest procedures and requirements by visiting their official channels or contacting them directly.
Paying OWWA Membership in Geneva, Switzerland
Before visiting POLO Geneva to pay your OWWA membership fee, it is important to confirm whether they accept walk-ins or require an appointment. It is also recommended to contact POLO Geneva before your visit, even if you have already booked a confirmed appointment. This is to ensure that their office is open, as they may have announced temporary closures due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
There are three options for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Switzerland to pay the OWWA membership fee: on-site application at POLO Geneva, online through the OWWA mobile app, or via email.
Here are the steps to pay the OWWA membership fee using each method:
Via On-Site at POLO Geneva:
- Contact POLO Geneva to book an appointment if necessary.
- On your appointment date, visit POLO Geneva.
- Present a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule to the guard, and also bring proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours before visiting.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and collect the official receipt.
Via OWWA Mobile App:
- Download and launch the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register and log in to your account.
- If you are registering a new account, check the email you entered during registration to obtain your temporary username and password for logging in.
- Once logged in, click the Information icon at the bottom of the dashboard.
- If your OWWA membership is inactive, click on “Renew Membership Here!”
- Click “I accept” to agree to the Terms of Service. Note that your payment will only be reflected after 3 days of paying the OWWA membership fee.
- Fill out or update your employment details and click “Submit.”
- Next, click on the “Payment Option” on the LandBank payment portal.
- Select your preferred payment method and click “Proceed.” Please note that a convenience fee may apply depending on your chosen payment source or merchant.
- On the Payment Result page, copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
Via Email: To apply or renew your OWWA membership online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. Submit your requirements for evaluation and pay the OWWA membership fee if you are qualified.
Please note that these instructions are based on the information available up until September 2021. It is advisable to verify the latest procedures and requirements by visiting their official channels or contacting POLO Geneva directly.
Reminders with POLO Geneva, Switzerland
If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) in Switzerland and need to apply or renew your OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership, you have the option to do it on-site at POLO Geneva or online through email or the OWWA mobile app. However, it’s important to note that applying or renewing your OWWA membership on-site at POLO Geneva may or may not require an appointment. To get accurate information regarding the appointment requirement, it is recommended to contact POLO Geneva directly for further details.
Office Closure in 2022
POLO Geneva temporarily closed their office from July 28 to August 5, 2022, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, even if you have a confirmed appointment schedule, it is essential to give them a call before visiting to ensure that the office is open and operational. Contacting them in advance will help you avoid any inconvenience caused by unexpected closures or changes in their operating hours.
Required Documents and Precautions
When visiting POLO Geneva, it is advisable to bring the following documents and take necessary precautions:
- Appointment Schedule (if required): If POLO Geneva requires an appointment, make sure to bring a copy of your appointment schedule as it may serve as your gate pass.
- Covid-19 Vaccination or Negative Test: Bring proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test that you have taken within 48 hours before your visit. This is to ensure compliance with health and safety protocols.
- Face Mask and Physical Distancing: OFWs visiting the POLO Geneva office should wear a facemask and observe physical distancing measures to protect themselves and others.
- Appropriate Attire: It is important to wear appropriate attire when visiting POLO Geneva. Avoid wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers, as entry may be prohibited.
To stay informed about the latest updates from PCG Geneva, Switzerland, regarding POLO Geneva services, it is recommended to visit their website and Facebook page. These platforms will provide you with the most recent information regarding any changes in procedures, requirements, or office hours.
Remember to always prioritize your safety and follow the guidelines provided by the authorities.
OWWA UPDATE; ANO ANO BA ANG PROGRAMA AT BENEPISYO NA MAAARING MAKUHA NG OFW
For more details on OWWA membership,
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) provides various welfare assistance programs and benefits to active members who are Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. Let’s break down the statement you provided:
- Welfare Assistance: OFWs who are active members of OWWA can access welfare assistance. This includes assistance during calamities, such as natural disasters, medical assistance in case of illness or injury, and relief aid during times of crisis. These programs aim to support OFWs and their families in times of need.
- Educational Training and Scholarship Programs: OWWA also offers educational training and scholarship programs for OFWs and their dependents. These programs are designed to help alleviate the financial burden of education and provide opportunities for career advancement.
- Social Benefits: In unfortunate circumstances such as disability, death, or burial, OFWs who are members of OWWA can access social benefits. This includes disability benefits for those who become disabled while working abroad, death benefits to the family in case of the OFW’s demise, and burial assistance to support funeral expenses.
Overall, OWWA membership offers a range of benefits and assistance programs to OFWs and their families. These programs aim to provide support and relief in various aspects of their lives, including financial assistance, education, and social benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Geneva, Switzerland?
You may call or email POLO Geneva to book an appointment.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Geneva, Switzerland?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Switzerland by an on-site application at POLO Geneva, email, or OWWA mobile app.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
You can renew your OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Geneva, Switzerland?
The OWWA membership fee in Geneva, Switzerland, is US$25.00 converted to CHF based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online if you apply or renew your membership via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory for first-time OFWs who documented their employment at POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are members of OWWA since there are qualification criteria and documentary requirements for applicants.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits can be availed by active members, while inactive members can access limited benefits.
By obtaining or renewing their OWWA membership, OFWs in Geneva, Switzerland, can avail themselves of a wide range of programs, services, and support that can greatly enhance various aspects of their lives. Moreover, their dependents can also benefit from a multitude of services aimed at improving their overall living conditions. Schedule OWWA Appointment for Membership in Switzerland | Book Now
Hence, it is strongly recommended for OFWs in Geneva, Switzerland, to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for or renew their OWWA membership in order to reap the numerous advantages it offers.
POLO Office in Geneva Switzerland
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 14 Allee David-Morse, Geneva, Switzerland
Telephone Number: 079 935 6280, 0779553147, (+41)22 716 1930
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinSwitzerland