For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) currently residing in Singapore, you have the option to renew your OWWA Singapore Appointment membership by scheduling an appointment at the POLO office, which is located in the same building as the Philippine Embassy in Singapore. During your visit, you will need to pay the membership fee and adhere to the guidelines and requirements provided to renew your OWWA membership in Singapore.
Furthermore, if you’re interested in obtaining an OEC Certificate in Singapore, you can refer to the guidelines on how to apply for it.
Many Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) make significant sacrifices by being away from their loved ones in order to provide a better life for them. Despite the challenges they may face with their employers, some OFWs choose to continue working abroad. To support them and their dependents, the Philippine Government, through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), has established the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). This organization offers membership to OFWs and provides various programs and services.
If you are not yet an OWWA member or if your membership has expired, you can find the necessary steps for setting up an OWWA appointment and renewing your membership in Singapore on our list of instructions.
The OWWA membership is an important insurance attached to your employment contract that you must acquire before signing the contract. It serves as proof that you are part of the Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) community, entitling you to various benefits and programs provided by OWWA.
The OWWA membership is valid for a period of two years, and the cost is equivalent to USD 25. There are several benefits associated with OWWA membership. For example, you can avail of emergency loans, support your children with scholarship grants if they are studying in universities or colleges in the Philippines, and more.
To ensure that your OWWA account remains active while you are working in Singapore, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Obtain a copy of your employment contract: Before proceeding with the OWWA membership application, make sure you have a copy of your employment contract as it will be required during the process.
- Fill out the OWWA membership application form: Visit the nearest OWWA office or their official website to obtain the membership application form. Fill out the form accurately and provide all the necessary information.
- Submit the application form: Once you have completed the application form, submit it to the OWWA office in Singapore or follow the instructions provided on their website for online submission, if available.
- Pay the membership fee: Pay the membership fee of USD 25 either at the OWWA office or through the designated payment channels specified by OWWA.
- Keep a copy of the receipt: After making the payment, ensure that you receive a receipt as proof of payment. Keep this receipt for future reference and verification.
- Update your contact information: Notify OWWA promptly if there are any changes to your contact information, such as your address, phone number, or email address. This will ensure that you receive important updates and notifications from OWWA.
By following these steps, you can keep your OWWA account active while you are working in Singapore and continue to enjoy the benefits and programs provided by OWWA.
To apply for or renew their OWWA membership, OFWs based in Singapore who are not yet OWWA members or have a membership that will soon expire can follow these steps and submit the required documents:
- Book an appointment at https://polosingapore.dole.gov.ph/owwa-membership/.
- Prepare the following documents: a. Original passport
b. Two copies of the passport showing the data page
c. Valid Work Pass (such as Work Permit Card, Employment Pass, or S-Pass)
d. Visa exceeding 90-day validity
e. Original and two copies of the verified employment contract, or any other proof of employment.
Please note that the information provided is based on the assumption that the process and requirements for OWWA membership in Singapore have not significantly changed since my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021. It’s always recommended to refer to the official OWWA Singapore website or contact the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding OWWA membership applications and renewals.
- Latest payslip
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Re-entry Permit
- Letter of Consent from MOM
- Proof of employer’s identity for Household Service Workers (HSWs)
7. OWWA Membership fee of SG$36 (for new or renewal)
8. Contract Verification fee of SG$17
9. Authentication fee of SG$42.50 (without Authenticated Employment Contract)
10. OEC Fee of SG$3 (for new or undocumented OFWs)
11. Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
12. Personal appearance only
To print a copy of the OFW Information Sheet and other requirements, visit this link http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/wp-content/uploads/POLO_ProcessFlow.pdf
Being a part of the OWWA is essential for OFWs as it offers various programs and services. However, the primary requirement for OWWA membership is that an OFW must be a ‘legal’ or ‘documented’ worker under the POEA, possessing a valid work permit and visa. Additionally, OFWs who have acquired permanent residency status in the host country while retaining Filipino citizenship can also become OWWA members.
However, individuals who do not meet the criteria for active and continuous employment are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. This includes employees who fall under the following categories:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Singapore Appointment in Singapore
For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) employed in Singapore, the application or renewal of their Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership can be processed at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore, specifically at the POLO office Windows 1 and 2.
To ensure a smooth transaction, it is important to book an appointment prior to visiting the office. Additionally, it is necessary to bring all the required documents and complete the necessary steps for OWWA membership payment. Once you have successfully booked an appointment, take a screenshot of the confirmation and present it upon entering the POLO-OWWA office in Singapore.
Please note that it is crucial to adhere to these guidelines and fulfill all the necessary requirements to ensure a successful application or renewal process for your OWWA membership.
Step by-step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
To book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA office in Singapore, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website by clicking on this link: https://polosingapore.dole.gov.ph/owwa-membership/.
- Scroll down to find the list of requirements for OWWA membership. Below the requirements, you will see a button that says “CLICK HERE FOR APPOINTMENT OWWA.” Click on this button.
- You will be directed to the appointment scheduling page. Select your preferred date and time from the available options. Once you have made your selection, click on the “Confirm” button.
- On the next page, you will need to enter certain details. Please provide the following information in English:
- Full Name: [Enter your full name]
- Contact Number: [Enter your contact number]
- Email Address: [Enter your email address]
- Address: [Enter your current address]
- Nationality: [Enter your nationality]
- Passport Number: [Enter your passport number]
- Date of Birth: [Enter your date of birth]
Double-check the accuracy of the information you have entered, and then click on the “Submit” button to complete the process.
Please note that the steps provided are based on the assumption that the website and appointment system have not changed since my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. It’s always a good idea to double-check the official website for any updates or changes in the process.
- Full Name
- Contact Number
- Membership Status
- Status in Singapore
- Work Pass Validity Date
Name of Foreign Employer or Company
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and book another appointment.
- Provide all the necessary details while booking the appointment.
- Once you have entered all the required information, click on the “Schedule Event” button.
- Check your email for the confirmation of the appointment booking. Make sure to take a screenshot of the confirmation for your records.
- Print a copy of the booking confirmation and bring it with you on the day of your scheduled appointment.
- Please note that this process is for employees who have changed employers or companies and need to verify their contracts.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Singapore
Paying the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership can be done at the POLO-WWA (Philippine Overseas Labor Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) Singapore office during your scheduled appointment visit. Additionally, other fees required to complete the OWWA membership application, such as the Contract Verification fee, Authentication fee, and OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) fee, can be paid at various stages throughout the process.
Step-by-step process of paying the OWWA membership
To apply or renew your OWWA membership, follow the steps below.
- On the day of your appointment, make sure to visit the POLO-OWWA Singapore office.
- Upon arrival, present a copy of your appointment booking confirmation to the security officer. This will allow you to enter the office premises. Obtain your queue number from the officer and proceed to the waiting area.
- When your number is called, proceed to Windows 1A and 1B.
- Present your OFW Information Sheet to the staff at the window. They will assist you with processing your OWWA Membership and OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) applications.
- After completing the necessary processing, you will need to pay the OWWA Membership fee of SG$36. Once paid, collect the receipt provided to confirm your active membership with OWWA.
Note: If you do not have Contract Verification and Authentication, please follow the additional steps below:
- Proceed to Windows 2A and 2B after paying the OWWA Membership fee.
- Submit your employment contract and other required documents at the designated window. Additionally, pay the Verification fee of SG$17 at this stage.
- Next, proceed to Window 6 and pay the Authentication fee of SG$42.50.
- Lastly, submit all the required documents and pay the OEC fee of SG$3 at Window 4.
By following these instructions, you will be able to complete the necessary procedures at the POLO-OWWA Singapore office.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Singapore
- Ensure that you have all the required documents and forms completed. Incomplete requirements will not be processed by the officer in charge.
- Bring a printed copy of the appointment booking confirmation email. You must provide proof of your confirmed booking to be allowed to enter the office.
- Dress appropriately in proper attire or smart casual. Sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirts), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers are strictly prohibited. Applicants wearing these attires will not be allowed to enter.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, especially if you are bringing your car.
- Keep in mind that the POLO-OWWA Singapore office only accepts cash payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out these common questions you may have about the OWWA membership application in POLO-Singapore:
1. Can I process OEC renewal at the POLO-OWWA office in Singapore?
Yes, you can renew your OEC at the POLO-OWWA Singapore office. Just book an appointment via the BM Online Appointment at https://onlineservices.poea.gov.ph/.
2. When should I renew my OWWA membership?
OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) should renew their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership if they have recently renewed their passport, changed employers, or if their work visas (such as S-Pass, EP, Work Permit Card) have expired. It is important to note that Singapore specifically requires work visas to be renewed on a yearly basis, so it is crucial for OFWs in Singapore to renew their OWWA membership as well. By doing so, they can ensure that they continue to receive the necessary support and benefits provided by OWWA while working abroad.
3. How to go to the POLO-OWWA office in Singapore?
The POLO office is at 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395, and accessible via two ways, including:
For your convenience, you have two options to reach the Philippine Embassy on Nassim Road. Firstly, you can take a taxi and instruct the driver to drop you off at Nassim Road, specifically the Philippine Embassy.
Alternatively, you can choose to use the MRT train system. Board the train and alight at Orchard Station. From there, make your way to the Shaw Center and begin walking along Orchard Road. Continue walking until you reach the Orchard Tower, where you should make a left turn. Keep walking until you reach the Philippine Embassy on Nassim Road
4. Can I book an appointment even if I have work?
Yes, booking an appointment can be done even if you are working. However, you must have a day off on the day of your appointment.
5. Can I pay the membership fee without visiting the POLO-OWWA Singapore office?
Yes, paying the membership fee can be done without visiting the POLO-OWWA Singapore office. To pay for the membership fee, you can follow these steps:
- Download the OWWA mobile app.
- Proceed with the renewal of your membership through the app.
- Select the payment options available within the app.
If you are currently in Singapore, and you prefer not to use the mobile app, you can ask your relatives or a trusted representative in the Philippines to pay the contribution fee on your behalf. They can visit the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare office or use the services of OWWA partner payment centers for the payment transaction.
6. When will the OWWA membership take effect?
To become an active member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), you must complete the following steps:
- Submit all the required documents and fulfill the necessary requirements.
- Make the payment for the designated contribution amount.
- After the payment is successfully made, your OWWA membership will take effect, and you will become an active member.
It is important to note that this process ensures your eligibility for OWWA benefits and services.
7. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, the OWWA membership does expire. It is valid for a period of two years. However, it is important to note that your OWWA membership can also expire before reaching the two-year validity if you change employers.
The two-year validity of OWWA membership is tied to the employer listed during the application process. Therefore, if you change your employer within six months, your OWWA membership will become “INACTIVE,” and you will be required to renew your membership.
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Singapore?
The OWWA membership contribution fee is SG$36 for first-time and renewal applications. Also, do note that the office only accepts cash payments.
9. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not in Singapore?
If you are not currently in Singapore, you have the option to apply for or renew your OWWA membership at the POLO-OWWA office located in your host country. With approximately 34 POLO offices spread across the globe, you can be assured that you will always have access to POLO-OWWA and the benefits they offer.
10. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-OWWA office in Singapore?
No, you cannot renew your passport at the POLO-OWWA Singapore office. Instead, you can schedule an appointment with the Philippine Embassy in Singapore at https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg, which is also located on the same premises as the POLO office.
OWWA Membership Registration in Singapore
As depicted in the video, the procedure for applying for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership has become increasingly convenient and streamlined over the years, primarily due to the implementation of mandatory appointments. According to the speaker, the entire process can be completed in approximately 30 minutes, which is remarkably quick. This implies that OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Singapore can effortlessly apply for OWWA membership.
applying for or renewing OWWA Singapore Appointment membership is a straightforward process that can be completed in under an hour. Additionally, the appointment booking system ensures a hassle-free experience for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), guaranteeing that their applications will be processed and attended to promptly.
Therefore, OFWs in Singapore should prioritize maintaining an active OWWA membership to take full advantage of the programs and services offered by the organization.
Operating Hours: 9 am to 4 pm (excluding public holidays)
Address: 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395
Telephone Number: +65-6737-3977
Mobile Number: +65-8186-3549
POLO Singapore Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/POLOSPORE
OWWA Singapore Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/WeloveOWWASingapore
- OWWA Membership and Welfare- +65-9023-5601
- Contract Verification, Agency Accreditation, and OEC- +65-8186-3549
- Pag-IBIG Membership- +65-9853-3147
- SSS Membership- +65-9639-5453
- Appointment for OWWA Membership, Agency Accreditation, Contract Verification, and Collection- email@example.com
- Contract Verification and Agency Accreditation- firstname.lastname@example.org
- OWWA Membership and Benefits Inquiries- email@example.com
- Agency Accreditation Inquiries- firstname.lastname@example.org
- OEC Inquiries- email@example.com
- Pag-IBIG Membership- firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSS Membership- email@example.com
- Webinars- firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Map Location
Here’s the location of the POLO-OWWA Singapore office: