“For overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Syria, it is recommended that you renew your membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in order to avail yourself of the various services, programs, and support provided by the organization to its active members.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Syria Those Filipinos who have secured employment in Syria through visit visas and have not yet registered for OWWA membership are encouraged to voluntarily apply.
In Syria, the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) office is located in the same building as the Philippine Embassy, but it does not have a POLO-OWWA Labor Attache. Therefore, all inquiries and related services for OWWA are handled by the Philippine Embassy in Syria. If you are wondering about the process of becoming an OWWA member in Syria, please follow the guide provided below.”
Many Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) make significant sacrifices by leaving their families behind and working abroad to secure a better future. However, being an OFW comes with its own set of challenges and difficulties.
To address the welfare of OFWs, the Philippine Government established the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), an agency that collaborates with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). The primary purpose of OWWA is to promote and protect the well-being of OFWs.
OWWA offers a membership program to OFWs, which grants them access to various services and support systems to improve their lives and careers, as well as support their families. By becoming an OWWA member, OFWs ensure that they receive essential protections during times of hardship.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, OWWA has played a crucial role in assisting OFWs by providing support such as legal assistance for employer conflicts and access to quarantine facilities, transportation, and financial aid. These measures are aimed at ensuring the safety and well-being of OFWs during challenging times.
Registered OWWA members can take advantage of several beneficial services and programs. These include education and training benefits, scholarships for dependents of OFWs, livelihood programs, loans, and assistance with reintegration and repatriation.
Furthermore, OWWA membership serves as an insurance policy for OFWs. It provides coverage for calamities, disabilities, medical expenses, death benefits, and burial assistance. Therefore, OFWs in Syria should consider applying for or renewing their OWWA membership upon expiration to maximize the benefits provided by OWWA and ensure their protection.
In summary, the establishment of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) reflects the Philippine Government’s commitment to safeguarding the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). OWWA offers a range of services, support, and benefits to OFWs and their families, acting as a vital resource for their well-being and security.
To become an OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) member in Syria, whether for renewal or as a first-time applicant, you need to comply with the following requirements:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet: Fill out the required information on the OFW Information Sheet form provided by OWWA. Make sure to provide accurate and complete details.
- Photocopy of Active and Valid Proof of Employment: Provide a photocopy of a document that proves your current employment status, such as your employment contract, certificate of employment, or any other valid proof recognized by OWWA.
- Photocopy of Valid Visa and Work Permit: Include a photocopy of your valid visa and work permit, which should be issued by the Syrian government or relevant authorities.
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page): Present both the original and a photocopy of your passport, specifically the page containing your personal information and photo.
- Photocopy of the Employer’s ID or passport: Submit a photocopy of your employer’s identification document (ID) or passport as proof of your employment.
- Letter of certification from the employer or company: Obtain a letter of certification from your employer or company stating that you are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination. This document should verify your current employment status.
- OWWA membership fee: Pay the OWWA membership fee, which is exactly US$25.00. The payment should be made in the local currency equivalent based on the prevailing foreign exchange rate.
Ensure that you comply with all these requirements and submit the necessary documents to complete your OWWA membership application or renewal process. It’s advisable to reach out to the OWWA office or embassy/consulate in Syria for any additional instructions or specific procedures related to the membership application process.
The eligibility criteria for OWWA membership require individuals to be actively and continuously employed with legal or documented employment processed under POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) with valid work permits and visas. Additionally, OWWA accepts Filipino members who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries while maintaining their Filipino citizenship and having full-time or permanent employment.
However, not all overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) can become OWWA members as the institution only accepts individuals with active and continuous employment. Therefore, the following categories of OFWs are not qualified for OWWA membership:
- OFWs who are due for termination: These are individuals whose employment contracts are set to end or expire.
- Terminated OFWs: These are individuals whose employment contracts have been officially terminated.
- OFWs who are due for cancellation: These are individuals whose work permits or visas are in the process of being canceled.
- Canceled OFWs: These are individuals whose work permits or visas have been officially canceled.
- Resigned OFWs: These are individuals who have voluntarily resigned from their employment.
- OFWs under the “No work, No pay” scheme: These are individuals who are not currently employed or receiving wages due to the nature of their employment arrangement.
It is important to note that the specific eligibility requirements and criteria for OWWA membership may be subject to change. It is recommended to refer to the official guidelines and updates from OWWA for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding membership qualifications.
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Syria
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the information provided is accurate. However, please note that the situation may have changed since then. It is always best to check with the official sources, such as the Philippine Embassy in Syria’s Facebook page and website, for the most up-to-date information regarding the appointment system for OWWA membership application in Syria. They will be able to provide you with the latest instructions and procedures to follow.
Step by step on how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
To set up an appointment with the OWWA office in Syria for the OWWA membership fee payment, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the OWWA Damascus, Syria office to verify your OWWA membership. You can reach them by emailing email@example.com or calling their hotline numbers at +963 949 155 557 or +963 011 613 2626. They will provide you with the necessary information and guidance.
- Book an appointment for the OWWA membership application at least two days before your preferred visit. It is recommended to schedule the appointment in advance to ensure availability and a smooth process. Provide them with the required details and request a specific date and time for your visit.
- Before heading to the OWWA Damascus, Syria office, make sure to reconfirm your appointment schedule. Contact the office to verify that your appointment is still confirmed and there have been no changes. This step will help you avoid any inconvenience or wasted trip.
By following these steps, you should be able to set up an appointment with the OWWA office in Syria for your OWWA membership fee payment. Remember to bring all the necessary documents and payment details on the day of your appointment.
Paying OWWA Membership in Syria
After successfully booking an appointment with the OWWA Syria office and receiving confirmation, it is important to gather all the necessary requirements for your application. Additionally, it is advised to take a screenshot of your confirmed booking appointment, as this screenshot may serve as your gate pass to enter the Philippine Embassy in Syria.
To pay the OWWA membership fee, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the OWWA Syria office on the scheduled day of your appointment.
- Once your application has been verified, you will be provided with instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Follow the given instructions and proceed to the designated payment area or counter.
- Prepare the required amount for the membership fee. It is recommended to have the exact amount or the specified payment method.
- Present the necessary documents and make the payment for the OWWA membership fee as instructed.
- Obtain an official receipt or any proof of payment provided by the payment counter or staff.
- Keep the receipt or proof of payment safely, as you may need it for future reference or for any further transactions related to your OWWA membership.
Remember to follow any additional instructions or procedures provided by the OWWA Syria office or the Philippine Embassy to ensure a smooth and successful payment process.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
If you want to visit the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) office in Damascus, Syria, here are the general steps you might need to follow:
- Contact the OWWA office: Find the contact information for the OWWA office in Damascus, Syria. You can search for their contact details online or through official channels.
- Schedule an appointment: Call or email the OWWA office to schedule an appointment. Confirm the required documents and any specific instructions they may have.
- Prepare necessary documents: Gather all the documents you will need for your visit. These may include identification documents, employment-related papers, and any other requirements specified by OWWA.
- Confirm your appointment: Before visiting the OWWA office, ensure you have a confirmed appointment. Keep a copy of the appointment schedule handy, as you may be asked to present it to the guard upon arrival.
- Visit the OWWA office: On the day of your appointment, go to the OWWA office in Damascus. Follow any security protocols in place and present your appointment schedule to the guard if requested.
- Document verification: Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your documents for verification. The OWWA staff will review your documents to ensure they meet the necessary requirements.
- Payment of fees: If applicable, you may be required to pay the OWWA membership fee and any other relevant fees. The staff will provide you with the details of the fees and guide you through the payment process.
- Collect your official receipt: After completing the payment, collect your official receipt as proof of your membership. This receipt confirms that you are now an active member of OWWA.
It’s important to note that the specific procedures and requirements may vary depending on the country and the policies of the OWWA office in Damascus, Syria. Therefore, it’s advisable to contact the office directly to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Reminders from OWWA Office in Damascus
the following reminders when conducting business with the OWWA Syria office:
- Schedule an Appointment: Call or email the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy in Syria at least two days prior to your desired appointment date. All consular services, including OWWA-related matters, are strictly by appointment only. It is important to book ahead of your visit to ensure prompt assistance.
- Complete Requirements: Make sure you have all the necessary requirements for your OWWA membership application or renewal. Failure to provide complete documentation may result in delays or rejection of your application. Ensure that you have all the required documents ready before visiting the OWWA Syria office.
- Dress Code: When visiting the OWWA Syria office, it is important to adhere to a proper or smart casual dress code. Applicants wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirt), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, or slippers will not be allowed to enter the office premises. It is advisable to dress appropriately to maintain a professional atmosphere.
- Membership Access: OWWA services, special programs, and regular activities are typically accessible to members three months after acquiring their membership. This means that certain benefits or programs may only be available to you once you have been an OWWA member for at least three months. Keep this in mind when planning your engagements with OWWA Syria.
- Stay Updated: Stay informed about the latest announcements and updates by visiting the official Facebook page and website of the Philippine Embassy in Syria. They regularly provide important information regarding consular services, including OWWA-related matters. It is recommended to check these sources for any changes or additional requirements before your visit.
OWWA Membership in Syria
For more details on OWWA membership,
OFWs now have the option to renew their membership with the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) using the OWWA mobile app. This provides them with a convenient way to manage their membership even while they are abroad.
Additionally, OFWs can also pay their OWWA membership fee online through various over-the-counter payment methods. After initiating the payment process and obtaining a reference number, they can proceed to the G-Cash mobile app.
Within the G-Cash app, they need to navigate to the “Pay Bills” section on the homepage. Under the “My Saved Billers” section, they should select “Payment Solutions” and then choose the payment method they previously selected in the OWWA app.
By filling out the required information form and clicking “Confirm,” OFWs can successfully complete the payment process for their OWWA membership fee. This allows them to conveniently renew their OWWA membership from anywhere in the world, ensuring continuous access to the benefits and services provided by the OWWA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following answers to common questions about POLO office in Damascus:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Syria?
To book an appointment for the OWWA membership application, contact the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy in Syria. You may check their contact details below this article.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Syria?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Syria by securing an appointment. Complete the requirements and ensure that you meet the qualification criteria for OWWA members. Then, visit the OWWA Syria office with a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download the OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online. Sign up and log in to your account. Click the information option to see your membership status. If your membership is inactive, click Renew Membership Here. Next, fill out the required fields, choose a payment method, and pay the OWWA membership fee.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Syria?
The OWWA membership fee in Syria is 62,813 SYP or US$25.00 converted to the local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership fee online via OWWA mobile. Renew your OWWA membership in the app and choose a payment method payable via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years, expiring on the date of application.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership becomes inactive if you have an expired work visa or the two-year validity period has passed. Also, you will have inactive membership status for changing employers since the validity period of the OWWA membership only applies to the same employer listed during the application.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, the OWWA membership is mandatory for first-time OFWs processing their employment with POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are members of OWWA. OFWs who cannot comply with the requirements and meet the qualification criteria for OWWA members cannot apply for membership.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
Active or registered members of OWWA can avail the varying benefits they offer, while inactive members will receive limited benefits.
The OWWA membership is highly advantageous for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), as it offers a wide range of benefits that encompass educational and financial assistance. Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership SyriaTherefore, it is strongly recommended for OFWs in Syria to either apply for or renew their OWWA membership in order to take full advantage of the benefits provided by the organization, all of which can be accessed by registered members.
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday
Address: Hamzeh bin Al Mutaleb St. Bldg. 56, West Mezzeh Area, Damascus, Syria
Telephone Numbers: +963 949 155 557, +963 011 612 5138, +963 011 613 2626
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinSyria
Google Map Location
Please check out the POLO Damascus office map guide below: