For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) currently residing in New Zealand and seeking information on renewing their membership or becoming members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), we would like to inform you that the nearest Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) is located in Wellington. In this article, we have compiled a comprehensive guide on OWWA membership appointment and renewal processes in New Zealand. Please continue reading to find out more. Schedule OWWA New Zealand Appointment Membership Wellington.
Additionally, we highly recommend OFWs to familiarize themselves with the OWWA policies and guidelines to ensure they can avail themselves of the maximum benefits provided by their OWWA membership.
- Identify your representative: In order to activate your OWWA membership in New Zealand, you need to appoint a representative who will assist you throughout the process. This representative can be a trusted family member or a close friend who is willing to act on your behalf.
- Gather necessary documents: Prepare the required documents for OWWA membership activation. These typically include your valid passport, work visa, employment contract, proof of overseas employment, and proof of remittance.
- Contact the OWWA office: Reach out to the nearest OWWA office in New Zealand. You can inquire about the specific requirements and procedures for membership activation. They will provide you with the necessary information and guide you through the process.
- Fill out the application form: Obtain the OWWA membership application form from the OWWA office or their website. Fill out the form accurately and completely. Make sure to provide all the required information and attach the supporting documents as instructed.
- Submit the application: Once you have completed the application form and gathered all the necessary documents, submit them to the OWWA office in New Zealand. Ensure that you have complied with all the requirements before submitting your application.
- Pay the membership fee: Pay the OWWA membership fee as instructed by the OWWA office. The fee amount may vary, so it is important to confirm the current fee and payment process. Keep the receipt or proof of payment for future reference.
- Attend the orientation seminar: After submitting your application and paying the membership fee, you may be required to attend an orientation seminar organized by the OWWA office. This seminar aims to provide you with essential information about OWWA programs and services available to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
- Activate your OWWA membership: Once you have completed all the necessary steps, your OWWA membership will be activated. You can now avail yourself of the financial assistance and other benefits provided by OWWA, especially during times of crisis.
Remember to stay updated with any changes in OWWA policies and procedures by regularly contacting the OWWA office in New Zealand or visiting their official website.
To become an OWWA member or renew your membership for OFWs in New Zealand, you need to follow these easy steps and comply with the requirements listed below:
- Fill out the OFW Information Sheet completely.
- Ensure that your visa is valid for more than 90 days.
- Prepare the original and photocopy of your passport, showing the data page.
- Include a photocopy of your POLO Verified Employment Contract.
- Obtain a letter of certification from your employer or company, verifying that you are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee of NZD 35.00 or its equivalent in the local currency based on the current foreign exchange rate.
- Personal appearance is required. Visit the designated OWWA office in New Zealand and submit all the necessary documents.
By fulfilling these requirements and completing the process, you will become an OWWA member or renew your membership, allowing you to access the benefits and services provided by the organization.
The qualification requirements for membership in the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) state that individuals must be actively and continuously working as legal or documented overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) with valid work permits and visas recognized by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). Additionally, OFWs who have been granted permanent residency status by foreign countries while retaining their Filipino citizenship are eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
However, there are certain situations in which individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership. These include:
- Those who are due for termination: If an OFW’s employment contract is about to be terminated or is scheduled to end, they are not eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership until they secure a new job and become actively employed again.
- Terminated individuals: OFWs whose employment contracts have been terminated are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership unless they find new employment and resume working.
- Those who are due for cancellation: If an OFW’s work permit or visa is about to be canceled, they cannot apply or renew their OWWA membership until their status is resolved and they have obtained a valid work permit or visa.
- Canceled individuals: OFWs whose work permits or visas have been canceled are not eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership unless they resolve their immigration status and obtain a new valid work permit or visa.
- Resigned individuals: If an OFW voluntarily resigns from their employment, they are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership unless they secure new employment and become actively employed again.
- Those with no work and no pay: OFWs who are currently not working and not receiving any salary or wages are not eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership until they secure new employment and resume working.
It is important for OFWs to meet the qualification requirements and maintain their active employment status to be eligible for OWWA membership or renewal.
Booking an OWWA New Zealand Appointment
The official website of the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand provides three booking systems for various services, namely the Wellington Embassy, Auckland Consulate, and Christchurch Consulate. However, it’s important to note that there is currently no booking service available for OWWA Membership Appointments.
To renew or apply for OWWA membership in New Zealand, it is recommended to contact POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in New Zealand. You can reach out to them by sending an email to email@example.com by calling the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information and guide you through the process. Alternatively, you can inquire about walk-in applications by contacting them through the aforementioned email or phone number.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
- Booking an appointment with POLO New Zealand:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email, check your OWWA membership status and inquire about the available appointment dates.
- Once you receive the appointment schedule, confirm with them based on your availability.
- If you are located in Wellington, Christchurch, or Auckland, make sure to specify the location where you want to book the appointment.
- Requesting a walk-in application at the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- In your email, express your interest in a walk-in application for OWWA membership.
If you have any urgent matters, you can contact the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand through their 24/7 hotline at (0064) 022 074 6517 or their telephone numbers.
Please note that the information provided is based on the given context and may be subject to change. It is always recommended to double-check with the relevant authorities or embassy for the most up-to-date information regarding OWWA membership and appointment procedures.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Wellington, New Zealand
“Upon confirming your appointment for the membership, it is important to capture a screenshot of the appointment booking confirmation sent to your email. Remember to bring this screenshot with you on the day of your visit to the POLO-OWWA New Zealand office. Once you have been verified, you will be able to proceed with paying the membership fee.
Additionally, it is now mandatory for OFWs with an appointment at the Philippine Embassy and other offices in New Zealand to present their New Zealand Ministry of Health Vaccine certificate, in accordance with the Covid-19 Protection Framework (CPF) implemented by the Government of New Zealand. Please ensure that you bring your vaccine certificate along with your appointment booking confirmation and present it at the entry gate.”
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To apply or renew for OWWA membership and pay the membership fee, follow these steps when visiting the POLO-OWWA office in New Zealand:
- On the day of your appointment, go to the POLO-OWWA office in either Wellington, Christchurch, or Auckland.
- Present a copy of your appointment booking confirmation and the New Zealand Ministry of Health Vaccine certificate to the security officer at the entrance. They will verify these documents.
- Proceed to the OWWA window and submit all the required documents for verification. These documents may include identification, proof of overseas employment, and any other relevant paperwork. Ensure that you have all the necessary documents ready before your visit.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee as well as any other applicable fees. The staff at the OWWA window will inform you about the specific amount to be paid. Payment methods may vary, so be prepared to pay in cash or through other accepted modes of payment.
- Once you have completed the payment, you will receive an official receipt for your OWWA membership application. This receipt serves as proof that you are now an active member of OWWA.
Following these steps will enable you to apply for or renew your OWWA membership and complete the necessary payment process at the POLO-OWWA office in New Zealand.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA New Zealand
“Given the limited information available regarding OWWA membership appointment and renewal in New Zealand, it is important for OFWs to follow the following reminders to ensure a successful membership application:
- Ensure that all your requirements are complete and that the necessary forms are duly accomplished. It is advisable to contact the specific office of POLO-OWWA in New Zealand, such as Wellington, Christchurch, or Auckland, to inquire if there are any additional requirements for the OWWA membership application. Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, arrange them in the correct order. Remember that submitting incomplete requirements will result in your membership application not being processed.
- Contact the POLO-OWWA New Zealand office or the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand to schedule an appointment. Take a screenshot of the appointment booking confirmation sent to your email, as the officer in charge may request it at the entry gate.
- Despite the absence of an available appointment system for the OWWA Membership Application service, it is recommended to regularly check the official Facebook page and website of the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand for the latest announcements.
- For OFWs with appointments, it is essential to present your New Zealand Ministry of Health Vaccine documentation at the entry gate while adhering to the Covid-19 safety protocols in place in New Zealand.
- When visiting the POLO-OWWA New Zealand offices, it is important to dress appropriately in proper or smart casual attire. Sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers are strictly prohibited.
- Always wear a face mask throughout your visit and maintain a distance of two meters from other individuals in accordance with the recommended health and safety guidelines.”
OWWA Membership Guide via Mobile App
As depicted in the video, renewing your membership with the OWWA mobile app offers a high level of convenience. The process is simple and straightforward. First, you need to download the OWWA mobile app on your mobile device. After installation, create an account by providing the necessary information and complete the registration process. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to access your profile.
Within your profile, you will find your name displayed, along with information about the status of your membership. This will indicate whether your membership is currently active or inactive. If your OWWA membership is shown as inactive, you can proceed to renew it by clicking on the “Renew Membership Here!” option.
By selecting the “Renew Membership Here!” option, you will be guided through the necessary steps to renew your membership. This typically involves providing any updated information, such as contact details or personal data, as required by OWWA. Additionally, you will need to make the payment for the membership fee, as specified by the organization.
Once you have completed the payment process, it will be verified by the system. Upon successful confirmation of your payment, your membership status will be updated from inactive to active. This will grant you access to the benefits and privileges associated with an active OWWA membership.
Overall, the OWWA mobile app provides a user-friendly and convenient method for renewing your membership, ensuring a seamless experience for members who wish to maintain an active status.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get OWWA membership in New Zealand?
“For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in New Zealand who wish to become members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), you can apply for membership by fulfilling the specified requirements and meeting the qualification criteria mentioned earlier. Once you have completed these prerequisites, you can proceed with the OWWA membership application process by visiting the POLO New Zealand office.”
2. How do I book an appointment with OWWA New Zealand?
Since the process for renewing OWWA membership in New Zealand may require an appointment, it is recommended to contact the POLO office or the Philippine Embassy for accurate information.
Please note that the contact details mentioned above are fictitious and should be replaced with the actual contact information of the respective offices. It’s important to contact them directly to get the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the renewal process for OWWA membership in New Zealand.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the app and sign up for an account if you don’t have one. If you already have an account, log in using your credentials.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the profile section of the app.
- Look for the option that says “Renew Membership Here!” and click on it.
- Follow the prompts and provide any necessary information or documents required for the membership renewal process.
- Complete the payment process for the membership renewal through the app. Ensure that you have the necessary payment method or details ready.
- After the payment is successfully processed, you should receive a confirmation of your membership renewal.
By following these steps, you can easily renew your membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) using the OWWA mobile app from the convenience of your home.
4. How do I check my OWWA membership online?
- Open the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Log in to your account using your registered credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to the app’s main dashboard.
- Locate the profile icon, usually displayed at the top-right or bottom-right corner of the screen. It is typically represented by a silhouette or a profile picture.
- Tap on the profile icon to access your account details and settings.
- On the account information page, scroll down or look for a section that specifically mentions your membership status.
- Your membership status will be displayed in this section, indicating whether you are an “ACTIVE” or “INACTIVE” member of OWWA.
By following these steps, you will be able to check your membership status on the OWWA mobile app.
5. How much is OWWA membership?
The OWWA membership fee is $25 or NZD 35.00, changing depending on the latest foreign exchange rate.
6. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the app and log in using your OWWA account credentials. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one within the app.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the membership renewal section.
- Fill out the required transaction details, such as your personal information and membership type.
- After providing the necessary information, proceed to the payment options.
- Select an online payment method that suits you best. The available options may include online banking services or e-wallets.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment process.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation of your renewed OWWA membership.
If you are not in the Philippines and prefer to have your relatives pay the membership fee on your behalf, you can still do so. Here’s how:
- Within the OWWA mobile app, generate a transaction code specifically for the membership fee payment.
- Share the transaction code with your relatives in the Philippines.
- Instruct your relatives to visit the nearest OWWA Regional office or authorized payment centers.
- Your relatives should provide the generated transaction code to the staff at the office or payment center.
- They will be able to make the payment for the OWWA membership fee on your behalf.
- Once the payment is processed, you should receive a confirmation of your renewed membership status.
Remember to keep track of your membership renewal and ensure that the payment is made before the expiration date to avoid any inconvenience or issues with your OWWA membership.
7. Which bank may be used by OFWs and OWWA to pay for their membership?
If it’s your first time paying the OWWA membership online, you have several options available for payment. One option is to pay at the Land Bank of the Philippines, as well as other members of the Bancnet ATM network. Another option is to make your payment at BCRemit and M’Lhuillier. These institutions provide convenient ways to pay your OWWA membership dues electronically.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory for all OFWs who have processed their overseas employment with POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
“Not all Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) due to the organization’s policy of accepting only legal working members. As a result, OFWs who are undocumented or working without proper documentation are not eligible for OWWA membership. However, once these OFWs have successfully documented their employment, they can apply for OWWA membership.”
10. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is valid for two years, lasting on the date of the application.
11. Do I need to renew my OWWA membership?
“Renewing your OWWA membership is necessary to avail the benefits offered by the organization. It is particularly crucial if you encounter any issues in your country of residence.”
12. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
“Once you exceed the two-year validity period, your OWWA membership could become inactive. Furthermore, your membership may also be deactivated if your work visa expires or if you transition to a new employer. It’s important to note that according to OWWA regulations, the two-year membership validity only pertains to the employer specified during the application process.”
13. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
“The benefits provided by OWWA are accessible to individuals who are either actively involved or officially enrolled as members. These benefits encompass various areas such as educational and training initiatives, healthcare services, financial aid, and additional forms of assistance that are specifically tailored to support the dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs).”
The process for OWWA membership appointment and renewal in New Zealand is generally straightforward. To ensure a smooth experience, you can follow the steps outlined in this guide and make sure you fulfill all the necessary requirements. It is also important to keep in mind the reminders provided when conducting business at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in New Zealand.
Renewing your OWWA membership allows you to continue accessing the benefits provided by OWWA, which are designed to support overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). These benefits may include various forms of assistance, such as welfare services, scholarships for dependents, and repatriation programs, among others. By maintaining an active membership, OFWs in New Zealand can have peace of mind knowing that they have access to these resources whenever needed.
If you have any specific questions or require further information regarding the OWWA membership appointment and renewal process in New Zealand, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to assist you.
POLO-OWWA Wellington, New Zealand
Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington, New Zealand
POLO Telephone Number: (00644) 260 1161
Philippine Embassy New Zealand Telephone Numbers: (04) 8903741, (04) 8903742, (04) 8903744
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinNZ
Google Map Location
Please see the map guide to the location of POLO-office in Wellington below: