If you are currently employed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and need assistance with your OWWA Jeddah Appointment for membership application or renewal, we have provided a comprehensive guide below. Kindly note that the nearest POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) office is located in Al Rehab District 6, alongside the Philippine Consulate Office
To ensure a smooth process, it is crucial that you schedule an appointment before visiting the office. Please refer to the following instructions for detailed information on OWWA appointment and membership renewal in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia:
Schedule OWWA Jeddah Appointment and Membership
- Appointment Scheduling:
- Prior to your visit, you must set up an appointment with the POLO office. This step is essential to avoid any inconvenience and ensure that you receive the necessary assistance promptly.
- To schedule an appointment, you can contact the POLO office directly via phone or email. Alternatively, you may visit their official website for online appointment booking if such services are available.
- The POLO office, responsible for handling labor and OWWA matters for Filipinos in the Western Regional area of Saudi Arabia, is situated in Al Rehab District 6.
- The office is co-located with the Philippines Consulate Office, making it convenient for individuals seeking both consular and OWWA services.
- Please make sure to arrive at the designated office on the scheduled date and time of your appointment.
For OFWs residing in other regions of Saudi Arabia, please consult the respective posts for information regarding OWWA appointment and membership in those areas:
- For individuals based in the Central Region, specifically Riyadh, please refer to the post titled “POLO Riyadh (Central Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.”
- For those residing in the Eastern Region, particularly Al Khobar, please review the post named “POLO Al Khobar (Eastern Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.”
If you have any further queries or require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the respective POLO office in your region.
“Joining the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is strongly recommended for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). OWWA offers various forms of support to OFWs, as well as their families and dependents.
According to the OWWA legislation, membership is obligatory for all OFWs. This requirement aims to safeguard the well-being of each OFW by providing them with financial aid during times of necessity.”
To become an active member of OWWA and renew or apply for membership at the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office, you need to comply with the following requirements:
General Requirements for All OFWs:
- Book an appointment at https://sites.google.com/view/polo-jeddah/.
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet.
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days.
- Original and copy of passport (showing the data page).
- Two copies of POLO Verified Employment Contract.
- Two copies of the Certificate of Employment.
- Letter of certification from the employer or company stating that you are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA membership fee of SAR 94.
- Personal appearance is required.
Additional Requirements for Household Service Workers (HSWs):
- Standard Employment Contract.
- Copy of HSW Work Exit or Re-Entry Visa (if available).
- Copy of worker’s Iqama.
- Copy of employer’s Iqama or National ID.
- Employer’s National Address.
Please make sure to fulfill these requirements and bring all the necessary documents during your appointment at the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office.
While OWWA is mandated to provide services and programs that can improve the lives of OFWs abroad and their dependents, the institution requires applicants to be actively and continuously working. Additionally, applicants are required to be “legal” or documented workers, holding a valid visa and work permit listed under POEA. Furthermore, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in a foreign country while remaining Filipino citizens are qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
However, as OWWA only accepts members who are actively and continuously working, the following individuals are not eligible to apply or renew their membership, including:
- Individuals who are not currently employed or actively working.
- Individuals who do not possess proper documentation, such as a valid visa and work permit listed under POEA.
- Individuals who have relinquished their Filipino citizenship and are no longer considered Filipino citizens.
- Individuals who have not obtained permanent residency status in a foreign country while remaining Filipino citizens.
It’s important to note that these qualifications and restrictions are subject to change, and it’s always advisable to consult with OWWA or refer to their official guidelines for the most up-to-date information.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking on OWWA Appointment in Jeddah and Saudi Western Region
To ensure a smooth process for applying or renewing your OWWA membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, it is crucial to schedule an appointment before your planned visit. It is mandatory for applicants to have a booked appointment and be able to provide proof of the appointment in order to enter the office. Those without an appointment or unable to present proof will not be allowed access.
Additionally, it is important to note that only the person with the appointment is allowed to enter the POLO-OWWA office in Jeddah. Bringing companions or others along is not permitted. Please ensure that you come alone for your appointment.
When booking your appointment, make sure to take a screenshot of the email confirming your appointment. This screenshot will serve as proof of your booking and is necessary for entry into the office, even if you have already booked an appointment online.
It is essential to follow these guidelines and requirements to avoid any inconvenience during your OWWA membership application or renewal process in Jeddah.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
To book an appointment for your OWWA membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, please follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of POLO-OWWA Jeddah, Saudi Arabia at https://sites.google.com/view/polo-jeddah/.
- On the upper part of the website, click on the “Portal Page” button.
- Please note that the Online Appointment system is only available on Friday mornings. On other days, it will be for “Request for Repatriation.”
- On the Portal Page, click on the “Online Appointment System” option.
- Select your preferred time zone.
- Once the calendar is available, choose the date and time that suits you. If there are no available calendars, you will need to visit the Portal again on the next Friday.
- After selecting the desired date and time, enter your personal information as required.
- Click the “Submit” button to confirm your appointment.
- Check your email for the appointment booking confirmation and take a screenshot of it.
- Print a copy of the confirmation email and bring it with you on the day of your appointment.
It’s important to note that the “Online Appointment System” of POLO-OWWA Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is only accessible on Fridays. To accommodate other OFWs seeking appointments, they request that each person only books one appointment per day. Booking multiple appointments on the same day will result in the cancellation of all appointments.
Please make sure to adhere to these steps and guidelines when booking your OWWA membership appointment.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Office in Jeddah
Once you receive a confirmation email for your booked appointment, you can pay the OWWA membership fee on the day you visit the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office. Additionally, make sure to complete the requirements mentioned above before your scheduled appointment. Please note that applicants with incomplete requirements will not be assisted by the officer in charge.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay for the OWWA membership fee, here are the following steps that you need to do on the day of your appointment: