To schedule an OFWs appointment with the OWWA office, whether it’s the POLO-OWWA international office or the OWWA Regional Welfare office, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Determine your preferred location: Decide whether you want to visit the POLO-OWWA international office in your work country or the OWWA Regional Welfare office in your home province.
- Gather the necessary documents: Before scheduling an appointment, make sure you have the required documents. These may include:
- Valid passport
- Valid work visa or employment contract
- Proof of OWWA membership (if renewing)
- Any other supporting documents as requested by the OWWA office
- Check the guidelines: Visit the official OWWA website or contact the nearest OWWA office to familiarize yourself with the specific guidelines and requirements for your chosen location. Guidelines may vary depending on the office and the services you require.
- Schedule an appointment online: OWWA may have an online appointment system in place. Visit the official OWWA website and look for the appointment scheduling section. Provide the necessary information and select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Follow the instructions provided to confirm your appointment.
- Pay any applicable fees: Depending on the services you require, there may be membership fees or other charges involved. Check the official OWWA website or contact the OWWA office to determine the fees and payment methods accepted. Pay any applicable fees before your appointment, if required.
- Attend the appointment: On the scheduled date and time, visit the OWWA office you selected. Bring all the necessary documents and any additional requirements specified by the office. Be prepared to present these documents and answer any questions related to your membership or inquiries.
- Follow up, if necessary: After your appointment, if there are any follow-up actions or additional requirements, make sure to complete them promptly. This may include providing additional documentation or following specific instructions given by the OWWA office.
To book an appointment with OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) in the Philippines or with POLO-OWWA (Philippine Overseas Labor Office – Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) offices abroad, you need to follow these steps:
- Determine your eligibility: Ensure that you are an OWWA member or eligible to become one. Generally, all applicants or beneficiaries of OWWA services must be OWWA members and need to pay the membership fee on the same day as their scheduled appointment.
- Gather the necessary requirements: Prepare the documents and information you’ll need for the appointment. The specific requirements may vary depending on your situation and the services you require. Here are some common documents you may need:
- Valid passport
- Valid work visa or employment contract
- Proof of OWWA membership (if already a member)
- Proof of OWWA contribution payment
- Proof of employment overseas
- Visit the official OWWA website: Go to the official website of OWWA or the respective POLO-OWWA office in your country of employment. Ensure that you are on the official website to avoid scams or unauthorized agents.
- Navigate to the appointment booking section: Look for the section or link that allows you to book an appointment with OWWA or POLO-OWWA. This section may be named differently, but it should be related to appointments, services, or member relations.
- Select your preferred location and date: Choose the OWWA Regional Welfare Office or the POLO-OWWA office where you want to book an appointment. Select a suitable date and time from the available options.
- Fill out the appointment form: Provide the required information accurately. This may include your personal details, employment information, membership details (if applicable), and the purpose of your appointment.
- Submit the appointment request: After completing the form, review the information you provided to ensure its accuracy. Then, submit the appointment request or booking form.
- Wait for confirmation: Once you have submitted the appointment request, wait for a confirmation. This confirmation may be sent to your registered email address or through other means of communication specified during the booking process. It should contain the details of your appointment, including the date, time, and location.
- Attend the appointment: On the scheduled date and time, go to the designated OWWA or POLO-OWWA office. Bring all the required documents and any additional documents that may be necessary for the specific service you need. Arrive early and be prepared to present your documents and discuss your agenda.
How to Schedule an Appointment in OWWA ofws Regional Welfare Office
To successfully book an appointment with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in the Philippines, you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Gather the required documents: Before booking an appointment, make sure you have all the necessary documents. This typically includes a valid passport, OWWA membership documents (if applicable), and any other relevant identification or supporting papers.
- Visit the OWWA website: Go to the official website of OWWA in the Philippines. Check if they have an online appointment system available. If they do, this will be the most convenient way to book your appointment.
- Create an account: If an online appointment system is available, create an account on the OWWA website. Provide the required information and ensure that you provide accurate details.
- Select the appointment type: Once you have an account, log in to the system and select the appropriate appointment type. OWWA offers various services, such as membership renewal, counseling, and financial assistance. Choose the option that best matches your needs.
- Choose a date and time: After selecting the appointment type, the system will show you the available dates and time slots. Pick the most convenient option for you.
- Provide personal information: Fill in your personal details, such as your full name, contact number, email address, and any other information required by the appointment system. Double-check the information for accuracy.
- Confirm the appointment: Review all the details you have provided and make sure they are correct. Confirm your appointment request and wait for a confirmation message or email from OWWA. This confirmation will serve as proof of your scheduled appointment.
- Prepare the necessary documents: Prior to your appointment, prepare all the required documents based on the nature of your visit. This may include identification cards, proof of membership, and any other supporting documents specific to your purpose.
- Attend the appointment: On the scheduled date and time, make sure to arrive at the designated OWWA office on time. Bring all the necessary documents and the confirmation message or email. Follow the instructions given by the OWWA staff and cooperate throughout the appointment process.
Step 1: Go to your browser and search for https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
Step 2: Choose your OWWA office branch (nearest in your place) and the type of program you need
Step 3: Now, you’ll see a calendar where you can book your desired date and time, those numbers marked with gray are already taken. Choose the best date and time for your visit. Click “NEXT”
Step 4: Fill out the personal information sheet by providing your complete name, gender, present address, e-mail address, etc. Then click “NEXT”
Step 5: Double-check your information before proceeding to the confirmation
Step 6: Click on the “submit appointment” button
Step 7: On the e-mail address you’ve provided, wait for the confirmation message from OWWA. Print this confirmation slip and bring this on the day of your appointment.
For booking an appointment to OWWA, you need to have the following documentation:
- Passport copy (Bio page with photo)
- Employment contract
- Employment pass or work permit card
- OWWA Information sheet
- Membership Fee payment (Php 1,000- Php 1,500 or equivalent to USD 25
Please follow the guidelines given by each OWWA regional office. Bring you an accomplished information sheet, appointment confirmation slip, and required documentations mandate by your branch (requirements for OWWA Regional appointment) on the day of your scheduled appointment.
How to Schedule an Appointment in POLO-OWWA International Offices
Here are the simplified steps to follow if you wish to set up an appointment in POLO-OWWA international offices:
Step 1: Prepare an active e-mail address because POLO OWWA will send the confirmation of your booking through your provided e-mail account.
Step 2: Go to this website and download the information sheet you need to fill up.
Step 3: Go to your browser and search for OWWA’s website designated in your country. For example, if you’re in Milan https://bookowwa.timetap.com/#/ is the URL. If you’re in Riyadh, search for https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/component/content/article/93-pages/1289
Step 4: Read the following information and terms & condition, then check the box at the bottom part if you agree to the said information above. Click “NEXT”
Step 5: Select the service you need. Click “NEXT”
Step 6: Now, you’ll see a calendar where you can book your desired date and time, those numbers marked with gray are already taken. Choose the best date and time for your visit. Click “NEXT”
Step 7: Fill in the necessary information they need from you. Complete the sheet with your name, gender, date of birth, present address (abroad), mobile number.
Step 8: Review your information, then click “Save,” then you’ll see an onscreen notification saying “Thank you! Your appointment has been scheduled!”
Step 9: On the e-mail address you’ve provided, wait for the confirmation message from OWWA. Print this confirmation slip and bring this on the day of your appointment.
To book an appointment with POLO-OWWA (Philippine Overseas Labor Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Administration), you will need to gather the following documents:
- Valid work permit/Certificate of Employment/Employment Contract: This document proves that you are currently employed as an overseas Filipino worker (OFW). Make sure it is up to date and valid.
- Copy of Passport’s bio page: Prepare a clear copy of the bio page of your passport, which contains your personal information and photo. This serves as identification and verification of your citizenship.
- OWWA OFW Information sheet (accomplished): You will need to fill out the OWWA OFW Information sheet, providing your personal details and employment information. This form is usually available online or can be obtained from the POLO-OWWA office.
- Membership Fee payment equivalent to USD 25: Pay the membership fee required by OWWA, amounting to USD 25. Ensure that you have the necessary funds and be prepared to provide proof of payment.
- Other proof of employment: Prepare any additional documents that demonstrate your active employment as an OFW. This could include recent pay stubs, employment letters, or any other relevant documentation confirming your employment status.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, be sure to bring the following:
- Accomplished OWWA OFW Information sheet
- Appointment confirmation slip: This is usually provided after successfully scheduling your appointment with POLO-OWWA.
- Documentation (requirements for POLO-OWWA appointment): This includes all the aforementioned documents, such as your work permit, passport copy, proof of employment, and proof of membership fee payment.
Appointment Portal – OWWA GOV PH
The Online Appointment System is located at this URL – https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
The OWWA online appointment system is an innovative addition that enables individuals to schedule appointments with the agency conveniently, eliminating the need to physically visit their office. This feature proves particularly advantageous for individuals already employed abroad, as it saves them time and the inconvenience of personally going to the agency’s office.
However, it’s important to note that not all OWWA offices have implemented the online appointment system at this time. As the system is still in its early stages, certain offices continue to rely on manual appointment processes.
OFW Information Sheet
As part of the requirements, you need to have an OFW Information Sheet. Here is a sample screenshot of this document that you need to fill out when you visit the office for your renewal.
The provided statement seems to describe the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) online appointment system and suggests that it requires personal information such as full name, date of birth, contact number, and email address. This information is likely collected to facilitate communication between the agency and the applicant, if necessary.
The statement also reassures individuals who may encounter difficulties filling out the online form or lack some of the required documents. In such cases, it suggests that applicants can still visit the OWWA office in person to submit their application. The staff at the office will be available to provide assistance.
How to Get a Booking Online for OWWA Services
The OWWA appointment process is quite easy and simple. Just like what we’ve learned, all you need to do is follow the guidelines and tips above and you’ll be set for your OWWA services!
Benefits of Being an OWWA Member
Once you become a member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), you will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Membership and Welfare Benefits: As an OWWA member, you will have access to various welfare and membership benefits. These benefits include disability and dismemberment benefits, death and burial benefits, and medical and dental assistance. OWWA also provides scholarships and educational assistance for dependents of OFWs.
- Social Benefits: OWWA organizes social programs and activities for OFWs and their families, both overseas and in the Philippines. These programs aim to promote the well-being and welfare of OFWs and their families, fostering a sense of community and support.
- Repatriation Assistance: In case of an emergency or crisis situation abroad, OWWA provides repatriation assistance to its members. This includes financial support for the repatriation of distressed OFWs, as well as coordination with government agencies and foreign employers to ensure their safe return to the Philippines.
- Loan Programs: OWWA offers various loan programs to assist OFWs in their financial needs. These programs include the OFW Family Circumstance Loan, Education and Livelihood Assistance Program (ELAP), and the OFW Reintegration Program (OFW-RP). These loans are designed to provide financial support for OFWs and their families.
- Skills Training and Development: OWWA conducts skills training and development programs for OFWs to enhance their capabilities and improve their employment prospects. These programs aim to equip OFWs with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in their chosen fields.
1. Life and Social Benefits
- The natural cause of death coverage of Php 100,000 and Php 200,000 for death due to accidents while overseas.
- Disability coverage of Php 50,000 (partial disability) and P100,000 (permanent disability)
- Funeral expenses coverage up to Php20,000 for legal heirs.
2. Educational Benefits for the OFW and/or qualified dependents
- EDSP or Education for Development Scholarship Program
- ELAP or Education and Livelihood Assistance Program
- SESP or Skills-for-Employment Scholarship Program
- OFW DSP or OFW Dependents Scholarship Program
- SUP or Seafarer’s Upgrading Program
- Information Technology Training
3. Repatriation Program for Distressed OFWs
- The temporary shelter at the OWWA Halfway House
- Repatriation program
- Ticket assistance back to Philippine Airport
- Provision for OFWs’ trip back to their provinces
4. Reintegration Program
- OFW assistance for finding livelihood projects whenever they want to come home for good
- Lending assistance at reasonable rates
- Skills training
- Income-generating projects that are community-based
- Psycho-social services such as family counseling, capacity-building, as well as stress debriefing.
If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), it is important to consider the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) as your protection and insurance while working abroad. OWWA serves as a safety net for OFWs and their families by providing various forms of assistance.
In the event that something happens to you while you are working overseas, OWWA can help your family in the Philippines by providing financial and social support. This assistance can be crucial in ensuring that your loved ones are taken care of during difficult times.
OWWA’s primary goal is to safeguard the rights and well-being of OFWs. They work to ensure that you are protected and provided with the necessary support while working abroad. This includes legal assistance and representation if you encounter any issues or challenges during your employment.
Additionally, OWWA offers training and scholarship programs for your dependents in case of unforeseen circumstances. These programs aim to equip your family members with the skills and education they need to have a secure future.
By being a member of OWWA, you not only protect yourself but also secure your family’s future. It serves as a valuable resource for OFWs, offering a range of services and benefits to ensure your well-being and the welfare of your loved ones.
Guidelines and Tips
Please take note of the following guidelines and reminders regarding OWWA offices:
- Not all POLO-OWWA offices have an appointment booking system in place. Some may only accept walk-in visits for membership renewal. If there is no online appointment available, it is advisable to send an email or contact the nearest OWWA office.
- Stay updated by following the Facebook Page and website of the specific OWWA office near your workplace.
- Always adhere to social distancing guidelines when visiting the office for membership renewal.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary documents for faster processing of your membership.
- When visiting the OWWA office, remember to bring your ID or proof of membership from your company.
- You can also conveniently renew your OWWA membership using the OWWA Mobile App.
How to Schedule OWWA Membership in POLO-OWWA offices
If you are wondering how you can sign up for your OWWA membership in each specific POLO-OWWA office abroad, please check out the following articles we published for each specific city:
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Singapore
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Dubai, UAE
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Doha, Qatar
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Australia
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Osaka, Japan
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Berlin, Germany
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Athens, Greece
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in London, UK
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Wellington, New Zealand
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Taichung, Taiwan
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Taipei, Taiwan
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Madrid, Spain
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Rome, Italy
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Milan, Italy
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Oman
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Bahrain
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Kuwait
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Hong Kong
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out these common questions and answers about the OWWA membership process and how to get an appointment.
1. Where should I book my appointment? OWWA Regional or POLO-OWWA
Answer: If you’re in the Philippines, you should go to a website associated with OWWA Regional and book your appointment. POLO-OWWA is for OFWs who are currently overseas.
2. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Answer: Yes, it’s mandatory for all OFWs. All Filipino workers, locally or overseas are required to join OWWA. This includes skilled and unskilled workers, professionals, self-employed and seafarers.
3. Why I cannot click the date I want to book in their calendar?
Answer: The date is already booked.
4. Can I go to OWWA without an appointment?
Answer: No, you need to book an appointment online.
5. Where to find OWWA Programs Information?
Answer: Visit OWWA’s Facebook Page for more up-to-date information.
6. How to check if my OWWA account is still active?
Answer: Download the OWWA mobile app and register your information there, then verify the status of your account.
7. Can I cancel my booked appointment online?
8. How to cancel an OWWA appointment online?
Answer: You can cancel it using your appointment reference number on your account’s profile, then click the “Cancel” or “Reschedule” button.
9. Is OWWA open on Weekends?
Answer: No, OWWA is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
10. How to know the web page on OWWA in this country?
Answer: You can check it using your browser by searching POLO OWWA and your country (if currently residing abroad), and results will show up. To make it easy, you can also ask OWWA’s page to give you the website designated to your country. To access OWWA’s page from the Philippines here is the link: https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
11. What if all dates in the calendar are highlighted in gray?
Answer: This means that the month is already fully booked. Click on the next month’s arrow to book another month and date.
12. What if I cannot make it to my scheduled appointment?
Answer: Cancel your appointment schedule and make a new one. It is best to cancel early if you cannot make it so that you can give your existing appointment slots to other Filipinos who need it.
It’s important to prioritize the safety and well-being of everyone, especially during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. By following the steps and requirements you’ve mentioned, individuals can ensure a smooth process when dealing with OWWA.
To recap, here are the key points you’ve mentioned:
- Due to the pandemic, it is mandatory to book an appointment online before visiting any OWWA offices in the Philippines and abroad. This helps manage crowd control and ensures proper safety protocols are followed.
- To stay updated with the latest guidelines and requirements specific to your location, it’s recommended to check the OWWA Official Facebook Page. This will provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding OWWA membership and related processes.
- By following these steps, individuals can better understand the importance of pre-booking appointments and the process for OWWA membership on the day of their appearance.
- For any further inquiries or clarifications, it is advised to visit the official OWWA Facebook page. OWWA OFWs Online Appointment This platform can provide additional information or address any questions or concerns you may have.