“Renewing your OWWA membership is essential for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Macau to ensure continuous access to the services and programs provided by OWWA. If you are an OFW in Macau and your OWWA membership is about to expire or has already expired, it is necessary to renew it.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Macau Additionally, Filipinos in Macau who are working on visit visas and are not yet registered members of OWWA can voluntarily apply for OWWA membership.
Whether you are applying for OWWA membership for the first time or renewing an existing membership, it is mandatory to schedule an appointment at the POLO-OWWA Macau office to process your application. To assist you with the process, we have provided a guide below on how to become an OWWA member in Macau.”
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is indeed a Philippine government agency established to protect and promote the welfare and well-being of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). It works in collaboration with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to address the various issues faced by OFWs.
OWWA provides a range of programs and services to support OFWs and their families. These include social benefits, financial assistance, and various forms of support before, during, and after their employment overseas. Some of the key services offered by OWWA include:
- Welfare Assistance – OWWA provides financial, legal, and social welfare assistance to distressed OFWs, including repatriation assistance, medical and hospitalization support, legal aid, and temporary shelter.
- Education and Training – OWWA offers educational scholarships and training programs for the dependents of OFWs, aiming to equip them with skills that can enhance their employment prospects.
- Reintegration Programs – OWWA supports the reintegration of OFWs into the Philippine society through livelihood and entrepreneurship training, business development assistance, and job placement services.
- Insurance and Benefits – OWWA administers the OWWA Membership Program, which provides various insurance and benefit packages to OFWs and their families, including life insurance, disability, and dismemberment benefits.
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) works closely with OWWA to regulate and oversee the deployment of OFWs. POEA ensures that overseas employment opportunities are legitimate, compliant with labor standards, and provide adequate protection to Filipino workers. They also regulate recruitment agencies involved in the deployment process and enforce policies to safeguard the rights of OFWs.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) plays a vital role in the protection and welfare of OFWs by formulating policies, conducting inspections, and enforcing labor laws and regulations. They collaborate with OWWA and POEA to address labor-related concerns, provide legal assistance, and implement programs for the welfare of OFWs.
Together, OWWA, POEA, and DOLE strive to create a supportive and protective environment for OFWs, ensuring their rights are upheld, and they receive the necessary assistance and services they need while working abroad.
The government agency referred to in the text is the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). OWWA is responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families worldwide. It offers a membership program that provides OFWs with various support and services to improve their lives and enhance the living conditions of their families.
OWWA membership grants OFWs access to a range of assistance, especially during times of crisis such as the Covid-19 pandemic. They can receive financial aid and legal assistance to address conflicts with employers. Additionally, OWWA provides educational and training benefits, loans, livelihood programs, and assistance with repatriation and reintegration into society.
One significant aspect of OWWA membership is that it functions as an insurance policy. Active OFW members can avail themselves of medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial benefits. In essence, OWWA supports OFWs throughout the entire employment process, from pre-employment preparations to assisting distressed OFWs in stabilizing their lives upon returning to the Philippines.
Thus, OFWs in Macau are encouraged to renew or apply for the OWWA membership to maximize the benefits.
To apply or renew your OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Macau, you need to comply with the following requirements:
- Book an appointment: Contact the OWWA office in Macau to schedule an appointment for your membership application or renewal.
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet: Fill out the OFW Information Sheet completely and accurately. This form is available at the OWWA office or can be downloaded from their official website.
- Photocopy of Active and Valid Proof of Employment: Submit a photocopy of a document that proves your current employment status. This could be a certificate of employment, employment contract, or any other document issued by your employer indicating that you are currently employed.
- Photocopy of Valid Visa and Work Permit: Provide a photocopy of your valid visa and work permit in Macau. These documents validate your legal status and authorization to work in the country.
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page): Bring the original and a photocopy of your passport. The data page contains your personal information and photo. It serves as an identification document.
- Letter of certification from the employer or company: Obtain a letter from your employer or company stating that you are not included in the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination. This letter verifies your current employment status.
- OWWA membership fee: Pay the OWWA membership fee of US$25.00. The fee should be converted to the local currency based on the current foreign exchange rate. The OWWA office will provide you with the exact amount in the local currency.
- Physical appearance: You must personally appear at the OWWA office in Macau to submit your application or renewal documents. This is necessary for identity verification and processing.
If the aforementioned requirements are met, another important consideration is meeting the qualification criteria for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) members. The organization requires both new and existing members to be actively and continuously employed as “legal” or “documented” workers who have completed their overseas employment through the POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) with valid visas and work permits. OWWA also accepts members who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries while retaining their Filipino citizenship and holding full-time or permanent employment.
However, since OWWA only accepts members with active and continuous work, certain individuals are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. This includes employees who:
- Are due for termination
- Have been terminated
- Are due for cancellation
- Have been canceled
- Have resigned
- Are under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Macau
As per the Facebook post of the Philippine Consulate General in Macau SAR, the consulate has specified its operating hours for clients with confirmed appointments. The consulate is open from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday, except on holidays. It is important to note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, all consular and POLO-OWWA services are strictly by appointment only.
To ensure a smooth visit to the POLO-OWWA Macau office, it is crucial to book an appointment in advance. Without a confirmed appointment, access to the office may be restricted. Upon booking an appointment, you will receive an appointment confirmation, which you must bring along as a gate pass when visiting the POLO-OWWA Macau office.
Additionally, it is worth mentioning that POLO Macau has recently launched its website and has stated that an online appointment system will be implemented in the future. To stay updated with the latest announcements and to be aware of any changes in the application process, it is recommended to regularly check the Facebook page and website of the Philippine Consulate General in Macau SAR.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
Since it is required to book an appointment for all services, old and first-time applicants should book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Macau office. To do so, follow the steps below.
Set up an appointment with POLO-OWWA Macau via Call
- Decide on a specific appointment date and time. Choose from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday.
- Call the OWWA Macau office at +853 6258 7887 and state that you’d like to book an appointment for the OWWA membership application.
- Ensure that you have confirmed an appointment by OWWA Macau before heading to their office.
Set up an appointment with POLO-OWWA Macau via e-mail
- Write a message stating your request to book an appointment for the OWWA membership application, including the specific date and time, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday.
- Send the e-mail to OWWA Macau at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com.
- Wait for the confirmation of your appointment before visiting the OWWA Macau office.
Paying OWWA Membership in Macau
To pay the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership fee, follow the steps below:
- Book an appointment: Contact OWWA Macau either via email or phone call to schedule an appointment. Ensure that you receive confirmation of your appointment schedule before proceeding.
- Gather necessary documents: Before visiting the POLO-OWWA Macau office, make sure you have all the required and complete documents. These documents may vary depending on your specific situation, so it’s best to inquire with OWWA Macau or check their website for the updated list of requirements.
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Macau office: On the scheduled appointment date, go to the POLO-OWWA Macau office. Remember that entry is only permitted to individuals with confirmed appointments, and companions may not be allowed for some applicants.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee: During your visit to the POLO-OWWA Macau office, you can pay the OWWA membership fee. The fee amount may vary depending on your employment status and duration of your contract. It is advisable to inquire about the specific fee and payment methods beforehand.
- Follow any additional instructions: It’s essential to comply with any additional instructions provided by the POLO-OWWA Macau office during your visit. They may guide you on completing forms, submitting documents, or undergoing any necessary processes related to your OWWA membership.
Remember to always stay updated with the latest information from OWWA Macau and follow any guidelines they provide.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
- Present a copy of your confirmed appointment to the guard.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your documents for verification.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and other applicable fees.
- Collect your OWWA membership official receipt, and you are now an active OWWA member.
Reminders from OWWA Macau
Certainly! Here are the reminders to ensure a successful OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership application or renewal in Macau:
- The Philippine Consulate General in Macau SAR is open to clients by appointment only, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday, except holidays.
- Only clients with confirmed appointments are allowed to enter the consulate. Companions are only permitted if they are minors, persons with disabilities (PWD), pregnant women, or senior citizens.
- OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) visiting the consulate should wear facemasks at all times.
- Thermal screening is necessary for everyone upon entry at AIA Tower, where the consulate is located.
- After finishing their transactions, all clients are immediately requested to leave the consulate to maintain social distancing.
- OFWs should wear appropriate or smart casual attire when visiting the consulate. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirts), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Ensure that your requirements are complete; otherwise, you won’t be able to apply or renew your OWWA membership.
- Check the Facebook page and website of POLO-OWWA Macau and the Philippine Consulate General in Macau SAR for the latest updates and information.
Please note that some points in your message were repeated multiple times. I have condensed and provided the key reminders in the list above.
OWWA Membership in Macau
For more detail on OWWA membership,
The ability to check membership status and renew membership using the app is indeed beneficial for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). By utilizing the OWWA mobile app, OFWs can conveniently monitor the status of their OWWA membership and ensure that it remains active.
Having an active OWWA membership is important for OFWs as it provides various benefits and services, such as access to welfare programs, financial assistance, and repatriation support. By regularly checking their membership status through the app, OFWs can stay updated and take necessary actions to renew their membership promptly.
Additionally, the availability of different payment methods within the app offers flexibility for OFWs to choose the most convenient option for renewing their OWWA membership. This enhances accessibility and simplifies the renewal process, allowing OFWs to maintain an active membership status without any hassle.
It’s worth noting that while the information you provided about the OWWA mobile app is accurate up until my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there may have been updates or changes since then. It’s always recommended to refer to the latest official sources or reach out to OWWA directly for the most up-to-date information regarding their mobile app and membership renewal procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following answers to common questions about POLO office in Macau:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Macau?
POLO-OWWA Macau previously had an online appointment system. However, the link is not available. So OFWs in Macau have to book an appointment for OWWA membership by sending an e-mail to OWWA at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or calling +853 6258 7887.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Macau?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Macau by booking an appointment with the POLO-OWWA office. Ensure that you have an appointment confirmation before heading to the consulate. Then, proceed to the OWWA counter, submit your documents, and pay the OWWA membership fee.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download the OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online. Sign up and log in to your account. If your membership is inactive, click Renew Membership Here.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Macau?
The OWWA membership fee in Macau is MOP 201.07 or US$25.00 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership fee online. If you renew your OWWA membership using the OWWA mobile app, select an online bank or e-wallet on the payment methods.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years, expiring on the date of the application.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership will be inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you have an expired visa. Also, the OWWA membership becomes inactive for OFWs who change employer in less than two years since it only applies to the same employer listed during the application.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, it is mandatory for first-time OFWs who have processed their employment with POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are members of OWWA. As stated above, OWWA has requirements and qualification criteria for its members. So if an OFW cannot comply with the documents and cannot meet the qualification criteria, they are not eligible to become OWWA members.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The OWWA benefits are available by active or registered members. Inactive members can also access OWWA benefits but limited services, programs, and support.
” In summary, OWWA membership in Macau provides convenience for OFWs to process their applications at their preferred time.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Macau Additionally, OFWs can easily renew their membership using the OWWA mobile app if they are unable to take a day off from work.
The OWWA mobile app enables OFWs in Macau to access various payment methods, eliminating the need to wait in queues when processing their OWWA membership application. Therefore, if you are an OFW in Macau, it is essential to have an active OWWA membership to avail yourself of the different services, programs, and support offered by OWWA.”
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding holidays)
Address: 1406 14th Floor AIA Tower Building 251A-301, Avenida Comercial de Macau, Macau SAR
Telephone Numbers: Landline- +853 2871 5039, POLO- +853 6687 2509, OWWA- +853 6258 7887
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org/owwamacau@polo-owwa
Facebook Page:https://facebook.com/PoloOwwaPhilcongenMacau/, https://facebook.com/PHinMacau
Google Map Location
Please check out the POLO Macau office map guide below: