To ensure that overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Tokyo have an active membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), they can renew their membership at the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office. Additionally, Filipinos who are not yet members of OWWA can apply for membership by visiting the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office or mailing their requirements.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Tokyo, Japan To assist you in the process, follow the steps below for OWWA appointment and membership in Tokyo, Japan.
Furthermore, OWWA membership provides access to various services, programs, and support for OFWs, benefiting both their careers and families. It is advisable to keep your account active to ensure you don’t miss out on any benefits in times of need.
Also, if you are an OFW based in Osaka, you can refer to a separate guide on how to renew OWWA membership in Osaka.
The Overseas Workers Welfare (OWWA) is a government institution established in collaboration with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to support and safeguard the rights and well-being of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families.
OWWA membership offers several benefits and services to OFWs. In the event of difficulties or conflicts with their employers, OFWs can rely on OWWA for legal assistance and guidance. OWWA also provides educational and livelihood programs to enhance the living conditions of OFWs and their dependents.
Maintaining active OWWA membership is crucial for OFWs as it ensures access to an insurance policy that can provide assistance during times of need. This insurance coverage serves as a safety net, offering financial and other forms of support to OFWs and their families in case of emergencies, such as illness, injury, or repatriation.
By promoting and protecting the welfare of OFWs, OWWA plays a significant role in safeguarding the rights and interests of Filipino workers abroad and contributing to their overall well-being.
To renew or apply for OWWA membership at POLO-OWWA Tokyo, you need to follow the steps below and secure the listed requirements:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet with signature.
- Photocopy of an active and valid proof of employment.
- Employment Contract with Employer’s Hanko issued within one month of applying for membership.
- Duly accomplished Declaration of Intent for OWWA Membership (For New Members).
- Original and photocopy of your passport, showing the data page.
- Photocopy of a valid Residence ID Card.
- Photocopy of your passport with a valid official visa stamp if you have an official or mission visa as an OFW.
- Proof of the company/employer’s existence and validity.
Make sure to have all these requirements ready when renewing or applying for OWWA membership at POLO-OWWA Tokyo.
- Renewing with Previous Employer
- Corporate Registration Number (for Company employer)
- National ID Number or Gaimusho ID number ( for Individual employer)
- Renewing Membership for Changed/New Employer or New Members
- Photocopy of Tokibo Tohon/Corporate Registration Certificate (for Company employer)
- National ID Number or Gaimusho ID number ( for Individual employer)
- OWWA Membership fee of JPY 3,000 or less, or $25 converted to local currency based on the monthly foreign exchange rate
- Returning Letter Pack 370 Yen, containing written full name, address, contact number for claiming the official receipt and sent documents
Apart from the aforementioned requirements, overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) must also fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). OWWA membership is open to OFWs who are actively and continuously employed as “legal” or “documented” workers, processed through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) with valid work permits and visas. Additionally, OFWs who have acquired permanent residency in foreign countries while maintaining their Filipino citizenship and are engaged in permanent or full-time employment are eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership.
Conversely, individuals who do not meet the requirement of being actively and continuously employed are not qualified to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. This includes those who are due for termination, have been terminated, are due for cancellation, have been canceled, have resigned, or are experiencing a period of no work and no pay.
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Tokyo
As of the present moment, the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office does not have an appointment system in place for membership applications. Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who wish to apply for or renew their OWWA membership can directly visit the office.
However, please note that the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office has currently suspended physical transactions. It is advisable to regularly check their official website and Facebook page for the most up-to-date announcements regarding the resumption of services and any changes in procedures.
Applying for OWWA membership in Tokyo
To renew or apply for OWWA membership during the suspension of walk-in/appointment visits at POLO Tokyo, you can follow these steps:
- Gather the required documents: Make sure you have all the necessary documents for OWWA membership renewal or application. These may include a valid passport, employment contract, proof of overseas employment, proof of OWWA contribution, and any other documents specified by POLO Tokyo or OWWA.
- Prepare your application package: Once you have all the required documents, assemble them in an organized manner. You may need to make photocopies of some documents, so ensure you have multiple sets if necessary.
- Contact POLO Tokyo: Reach out to POLO Tokyo through their official channels, such as their website or contact information, to inquire about the specific process and requirements for OWWA membership renewal or application. They will provide you with the necessary guidance and instructions.
- Send your application via mail: If mailing the requirements is allowed, carefully package your application documents and send them to the designated address provided by POLO Tokyo. Consider using a secure mailing service with tracking to ensure your documents reach their destination safely.
- Wait for confirmation: After submitting your application, patiently wait for a response from POLO Tokyo or OWWA regarding the status of your membership renewal or application. They will inform you of any further steps you need to take or provide you with confirmation of your renewed or new OWWA membership.
Remember to stay updated with the latest announcements and guidelines from POLO Tokyo and OWWA as the situation regarding walk-in/appointment visits may change due to Covid-19 or other circumstances.
Renewing OWWA membership in POLO Tokyo via Letter Pack
To complete the process you described, follow these steps:
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet: This form collects essential information about overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). Make sure to provide accurate and complete details.
- Download and fill out the Declaration of Intent for OWWA membership (only for first-time applicants): This form signifies your intention to become a member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). Complete the form with the required information.
- Gather the necessary requirements: Check the OWWA website or contact the Philippine Embassy in Japan to obtain a list of the required documents. Ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork and that it is complete.
- Mail your requirements: Prepare a package containing your filled-out OFW Information Sheet, Declaration of Intent (if applicable), and other required documents. Address the package to POLO-OWWA, Philippine Embassy, 5-15-5 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8537, Japan. It is advisable to use a secure and reliable mailing service to ensure the safe delivery of your documents.
- Include a Returning Letter Pack: Enclose a Returning Letter Pack costing 370 Yen along with your package. Write your full name, address, and contact number on the envelope. This will enable them to mail back your documents and official receipt to you.
- Make the OWWA membership fee payment: Send another mail, separately from the package mentioned above, to the same mailing address: POLO-OWWA, Philippine Embassy, 5-15-5 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8537, Japan. Use Genkin Kakitome, a licensed cash envelope service provided by Japan Post, to send the payment. Ensure that you follow the necessary instructions for using this service and include the correct payment amount.
It’s important to double-check the specific requirements and instructions provided by the OWWA or the Philippine Embassy to ensure accuracy and a smooth application process.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Tokyo
While visiting the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office is currently suspended, it might be open soon depending on the status of the Covid-19 pandemic, so it is better to check their Facebook page and website from time to time. Here are the steps to pay the membership fee at POLO-OWWA Tokyo:
- Check the POLO-OWWA Tokyo Facebook page and website for any updates regarding the office’s reopening and membership fee payment procedures. They will provide the latest information and instructions on how to proceed.
- Once the office reopens and announces the resumption of membership fee payments, gather all the necessary documents and requirements. These typically include a filled-out membership application form, a copy of your employment contract or certificate of employment, a copy of your passport, and any other relevant documents.
- Prepare the payment for the membership fee. The fee amount may vary, so make sure to check the official channels for the updated fee schedule. It is advisable to bring the exact amount or inquire if other payment methods, such as bank transfers or online payment, are accepted.
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office during their designated office hours. Prioritize safety precautions and follow any Covid-19 guidelines or protocols implemented at the time of your visit. Make sure to wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, and sanitize your hands before entering the premises.
- Present your completed application form and supporting documents to the staff at the office. They will verify the information and guide you through the payment process. If paying in cash, hand over the exact amount and request a receipt for your payment.
- After completing the payment, ensure that you receive a receipt or any other documentation as proof of your membership fee payment. This will be essential for future reference or any necessary transactions with POLO-OWWA.
Remember to stay updated with any changes or announcements from the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office through their official Facebook page and website. This will ensure that you have the most accurate information and can follow the correct procedures when paying the membership fee.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
It seems like you have a set of instructions related to the OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) application process. These steps outline the process of obtaining and filling out necessary forms, submitting documents, and completing the application. Here’s a breakdown of the steps you provided:
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet: This form likely contains personal information and details related to your overseas employment.
- Download and fill out the Declaration of Intent for OWWA membership (for first-time applicants): This form is specifically for first-time applicants who wish to become members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). It demonstrates your intention to join the organization.
- Secure and complete all the requirements: Apart from the aforementioned forms, there may be additional documents required for the application process. These requirements could include proof of employment, identification documents, and other relevant paperwork.
- Head to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo: POLO-OWWA stands for the Philippine Overseas Labor Office and Overseas Workers Welfare Administration. In this case, it refers to the Tokyo office. You will need to visit this office to submit your application and documents.
- Submit your documents for verification: Upon reaching the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office, you will need to submit all the completed forms and necessary documents for verification. The office will review and authenticate the information provided.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim your official receipt on the same day of the application: As part of the application process, you will be required to pay the OWWA membership fee. Once paid, you will receive an official receipt as proof of payment. This step typically occurs on the same day as the application submission.
Please note that these steps may vary depending on the specific requirements and procedures implemented by the relevant authorities. It is always advisable to consult the official guidelines or contact the appropriate office to ensure you have the most up-to-date and accurate information for your OFW application.
Reminders with POLO-OWWA Tokyo
To successfully apply or renew your membership at the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office, please take note of the following reminders:
- Visiting the Office: Due to Covid-19, physical transactions are currently unavailable, and OFWs are not allowed to go to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office.
- Mailing Your Documents: If you choose to mail your documents to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office, ensure that any original document in Japanese is accompanied by an English translation.
- New Membership Application: If you are applying for new membership, download the Declaration of Intent form from the official website.
- Complete Documents: Make sure that all the required documents are included in your mailing and enclosed with the Returning Letter Pack costing 370 Yen. This will allow the office to send back your documents along with the official receipt.
- OWWA Membership Fee Payment: If you are applying for OWWA membership via Letter Pack, send another mail to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office mailing address to pay the OWWA membership fee through Genkin Kikatome.
- Exchange Rate and Payment Schedule: Before paying the OWWA membership fee at POLO-OWWA Tokyo, check the latest exchange rate, as it is updated monthly on the 1st working day. Ensure that the payment for the OWWA membership fee is sent to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo mailing address before or on the 3rd week of the month to avoid any discrepancies.
- Written Communications: For any written communications, address your correspondence to Marie Rose C. Escalada, Ph.D., Labor Attaché II.
- Stay Updated: Regularly check the official website and Facebook page of POLO-OWWA Tokyo for the latest announcements and updates.
Please keep these reminders in mind when applying for or renewing your membership at the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office.
OWWA Membership in Tokyo
For more details on OWWA membership,
If you’re seeking a more convenient method to renew your OWWA membership, this video provides a step-by-step guide on how to pay the OWWA membership fee through 7-11 stores. By utilizing the OWWA mobile app, overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) can easily renew their OWWA membership and opt for the Cash Payment method to settle the membership fee at any 7-11 store across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the POLO office and the OWWA membership process in Tokyo:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Tokyo?
As of now, there is no appointment system for the OWWA membership application at POLO-OWWA Tokyo, Japan.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Tokyo?
The OWWA membership application process or renewal is by visiting or mailing your documents to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office, but now, they have suspended the physical visit due to Covid-19. So OFWs can only apply or renew their OWWA membership in Tokyo by mailing their document through Letter Pack.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
If you want a more convenient application process, you can renew your membership by downloading and signing up for an account at OWWA mobile app. Afterward, log in to your account, click Renew Membership Here, and choose the payment methods available.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Tokyo?
The OWWA membership in Tokyo is $25 or JPY 3,000 or less, based on the monthly foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the membership fee online if you renew your membership via OWWA mobile app and select payment methods from an online bank or e-wallet, like GCash.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years, expiring on the day of the application.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership will become inactive if you have surpassed the two-year validity, your work visa expired, or because you switch to a new employer. The OWWA membership is only valid for the same employer during the application, so changing to a new employer will result in inactive membership status.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory for OFWs who processed their employment at POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFWs are members of OWWA. Considering that OWWA has requirements and qualification criteria, OFWs who cannot meet them are not eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The OWWA benefits are accessible by registered or active members and their legal dependents.
11. Which bank may be used by OFWs and OWWA to pay for their membership?
OFWs who wish to pay the OWWA membership fee through the bank can use Land Bank of the Philippines and ATM Bancnet members.
12. How to get to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office?
If you’re coming from Roppongi Station (Hibiya and Oedo Line) Exit 3, it will take a 9-minute walk to reach the office. On the other hand, from Azabujuban (Namboku and Oedo Line) Exit 7, it will take a 7-minute walk to get to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office at the Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines.
In summary, the process of obtaining or renewing OWWA membership in Tokyo, Japan, is safe and convenient for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). While walk-in or appointment visits are currently not accepted, OFWs can still apply or renew their OWWA membership by mailing their documents to the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Tokyo, Japan
Alternatively, OFWs also have the option to renew their membership using the OWWA mobile app, which provides another convenient application process. Therefore, if you are an OFW in Tokyo, Japan, it is important to ensure that your OWWA membership is active in order to access the benefits available to you.
Operating Hours: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday to Friday except for holidays
Address: Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines, 5-15-5 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-8537, Japan
Telephone Number: Welfare Services- 03-6441-0959, Labor and Employment Facilitation Services- (+813) 6441-0428 / 644-10478
Email: Welfare Services- email@example.com, Labor and Employment Facilitation Services- firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/poloowwatokyo
Google Map Location
You may check out the location of the POLO-OWWA Tokyo office in Japan located in the same building as the Philippine Embassy Tokyo.