If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) in Ukraine and you want to renew your membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), continue reading as this article is specifically for you. We strongly encourage OFWs in Ukraine who are not yet OWWA members to apply for OWWA membership. This comprehensive guide provides information on OWWA membership in Ukraine, including the necessary documentary requirements. Additionally, we have included the contact details of relevant offices that can assist you with the process of obtaining OWWA membership.
The main purpose of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is to promote the welfare and ensure the safety of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families. Established on May 1, 1997, OWWA operates under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). It provides assistance to OFWs worldwide through OWWA membership contributions. Below is the OWWA Ukraine Appointment Schedule for Membershi.
By becoming an OWWA member, OFWs gain access to various services, programs, and support aimed at assisting their livelihood and prviding educational support for their dependents. Furthermore, OWWA offers assistance to active members in times of difficulties, providing legal and financial aid. The agency also acts as an insurance provider, offering medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial benefits to OFWs. Therefore, it is essential for OFWs in Ukraine to apply for or renew their OWWA membership to avail themselves of these OWWA benefits.
If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) in Ukraine and need to renew or apply for OWWA membership, you need to gather the following essential documents for evaluation:
These are the primary documentary requirements that you must obtain for evaluation as an OFW in Ukraine who is renewing or applying for OWWA membership:
- Valid passport – Ensure that your passport is still valid and has enough remaining validity.
- Work permit – Provide a copy of your work permit or employment contract issued by your employer in Ukraine.
- Proof of employment – Submit documents that verify your employment status in Ukraine, such as a certificate of employment, job contract, or pay slips.
- Residence permit – If applicable, present a copy of your residence permit in Ukraine.
- Proof of OWWA membership – If you are renewing your OWWA membership, provide your previous OWWA membership certificate or receipt.
- Accomplished OWWA Membership Form – Complete the OWWA membership form, which can be obtained from the OWWA office or website.
- Proof of payment – Submit the payment receipt for the OWWA membership fee. The exact fee amount can be confirmed through the OWWA office or website.
- Other supporting documents – Prepare any additional documents that may be required by the OWWA office in Ukraine for evaluation purposes.
Please note that these are the primary requirements, and additional documents may be requested depending on your specific situation. It is advisable to consult the OWWA office in Ukraine or visit their official website for the most up-to-date and detailed information on the application or renewal process.
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Original and copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to UAH based on the foreign exchange rate.
The OWWA membership program serves as a support system for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), particularly in times of distress or financial need. However, not all individuals are eligible to apply for membership due to the qualification criteria set by OWWA. OFWs can apply for OWWA membership if they have an active and continuous work status and if they are considered “legal” or “documented” workers holding valid work permits and visas.
Additionally, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries can still apply for OWWA membership if they maintain their Filipino citizenship and are engaged in full-time or permanent employment. However, OFWs who do not meet any of these specified criteria are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. This includes individuals who are not employed or whose employment status does not meet the requirements mentioned above.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Ukraine
As of now, there is no online appointment system available in Ukraine for OWWA membership. Additionally, there is no designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in the country. However, the Philippine Embassy in Poland and POLO Milan have conducted Consular Outreach Missions in Ukraine, which may require an appointment. It’s important to note that according to a Facebook post by POLO Milan, their jurisdiction over Ukraine has been transferred to the Prague Labor office.
Therefore, OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Ukraine can reach out to the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, the Philippine Embassy in Poland, or POLO Prague for more information regarding OWWA membership. If you are an OFW on vacation in the Philippines, you can book an appointment with the DMW (Department of Manpower and Welfare) or the OWWA Regional office. Some OWWA Regional offices also accept walk-ins, but it’s advisable to contact their office before visiting to confirm whether an appointment is necessary.
Applying for OWWA membership in Ukraine
As of the current situation, there is no available online appointment system for OWWA membership in Ukraine. Furthermore, there is no designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in the country. However, the Philippine Embassy in Poland and POLO Milan have conducted Consular Outreach Missions in Ukraine, which may require an appointment. It’s important to note that according to a Facebook post by POLO Milan, their jurisdiction over Ukraine has been transferred to the Prague Labor office.
Therefore, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Ukraine can reach out to the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, the Philippine Embassy in Poland, or POLO Prague for more information regarding OWWA membership. If you are an OFW on vacation in the Philippines, you can book an appointment with the Department of Manpower and Welfare (DMW) or the OWWA Regional office. Some OWWA Regional offices also accept walk-ins, but it is advisable to contact their office before visiting to confirm whether an appointment is necessary.
Paying OWWA Membership in Ukraine
Since overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) have the option to process their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership through Consular Outreach Missions in Ukraine, they can also pay the OWWA membership fee on-site. This process also applies if they choose to pay the OWWA membership fee through the DMW (Designated Marketing Office) or the OWWA Regional Office.
For convenience, we recommend downloading the OWWA mobile app. Through the app, you can choose from various payment methods, including online banking, e-wallets, or over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. Alternatively, you can also ask your relatives to pay the OWWA membership fee on your behalf.
Here is a step-by-step process for paying the OWWA membership fee:
- Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland)
- Get in touch with the Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland.
- Schedule an appointment for OWWA membership.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmed appointment schedule sent to your email.
- Prepare the necessary documentary requirements for your application.
- Visit the designated application site in Ukraine.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and obtain the official receipt of your payment.”
Please note that this information is based on the assumption that there is a Consular Outreach Mission in Ukraine and that the payment methods mentioned are accurate as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. It’s always advisable to verify the latest information from official sources or contact the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date instructions and processes.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account and provide an active email address. This email address will be used to send your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details that have been sent to you.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details you received in your email.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your account, click on the “Information” button located at the lower tab of the app.
- On the next screen, you will see your membership status, which will indicate if it is active or inactive.
- If your membership status is inactive, click on the “Renew Membership Here” button and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary, and then click “Submit.”
- You will be directed to the LandBank payment portal page. On this page, click on “Payment Option” and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number provided and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- After completing the payment, take a screenshot of your transaction or the electronic receipt provided.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Ukraine
Please take note of the following reminders if renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Ukraine:
As of the time of writing, Ukraine does not have a designated Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). Currently, it falls under the jurisdiction of POLO Prague, located in the Czech Republic.
Filipino Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Ukraine can process their Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership through various methods. They can utilize the Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, Department of Foreign Affairs’ (DFA) Manila or Regional Office, or the OWWA Regional Office.
When visiting the Philippine Embassy or any government office, OFWs should adhere to proper attire guidelines. It is important to note that certain outfits are strictly prohibited, including sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirts), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Individuals wearing such attire will not be allowed to enter the office premises.
For OFWs processing their OWWA membership on-site, it is essential to bring proof of a confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours of the visit.
We advise OFWs in Ukraine to reach out for assistance on OWWA membership to the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, the Philippine Embassy in Poland and the Czech Republic, POLO Prague, and their respective agencies. To stay updated with the latest announcements, it is recommended to visit the official Facebook pages and websites of these entities.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Ukraine?
As of writing, there is no online appointment system for OWWA membership in Ukraine.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Ukraine?
- Consular Outreach Mission: The Philippine Consulate in Ukraine may organize Consular Outreach Missions periodically. During these missions, you can visit the designated location and renew your OWWA membership. Stay updated with the announcements from the Philippine Embassy or Consulate regarding upcoming outreach missions in Ukraine.
- OWWA Mobile App: OWWA has developed a mobile application that allows members to conveniently access various services, including membership renewal. Download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone, follow the instructions, and complete the renewal process through the app.
- Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Migration (DMW) Center: The DOLE Migration (DMW) Center in Ukraine provides assistance to Filipino workers, including OWWA membership renewal. Visit the center and inquire about the process and requirements for renewing your OWWA membership.
- OWWA Regional Office: If there is an OWWA Regional Office near your location in Ukraine, you can personally visit the office to renew your membership. The staff at the regional office will guide you through the renewal process and provide any necessary assistance.
Remember to prepare the required documents and fees for the membership renewal process. It is also advisable to contact the relevant authorities or check the official OWWA website for the most up-to-date information and specific instructions regarding membership renewal in Ukraine.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Ukraine?
The OWWA membership fee in Ukraine is US$25.00 converted to UAH based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
OWWA REBATE – PARA SA MATATAGAL NG MIYEMBRO NA HINDI PA NAKAKAKUHA NG BENEPISYO
As mentioned in the video, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) have the opportunity to avail themselves of the OWWA rebate program, which allows them to enjoy a refund of the contribution fee they have paid for their OWWA membership. This program is applicable to OFWs who have been members of OWWA for at least ten years and have not utilized any of the organization’s programs, benefits, or support. Consequently, OFWs will derive long-term benefits from their OWWA membership.
OWWA membership is crucial for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) as it provides them with assistance during times of distress. The agency also offers various programs and services that benefit their families. Therefore, if you are an OFW in Ukraine, Schedule OWWA Ukraine Appointment Membership it is highly recommended to prioritize applying for or renewing your OWWA membership. You can conveniently use the OWWA mobile app or get in touch with the relevant offices for assistance.
Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, Ukraine
Address: Muzeynyi Lane 4, Kyiv, Ukraine 01001
Telephone Number: +38 044 279 05 79
Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: ul. Lentza 11 02-956 Warsaw, Republic of Poland
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinPoland/
Telephone Number: +48 22 490 2025
Mobile Number: +48 694 491 664
Philippine Embassy in Prague, Czech Republic
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Senovazne Namesti 8 110 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Telephone Number: +420 224 216 397, +420 224 216 385, +420 607 850 764 (Outside Office Hours)
Fax Number: +420 224216390
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinCzechRepublic/
POLO Prague (Prague PE Consular Section-Labor)
Address: Embassy of the Philippines- Senovážné namesti 8, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
Mobile Number: +420 602 187 598