Processing an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) in Germany is an important step for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who are based in Germany balik manggagawa and are planning to return to the Philippines for various reasons such as a vacation, an expiring contract, or to continue or extend their job overseas. The OEC is a required document when leaving the Philippine airport for work purposes, and OFWs need to obtain it regardless of whether it’s their first time working overseas or they’re returning to their employment overseas. Here are the steps to process an OEC in Germany:
- Contact the POLO Germany office: POLO stands for Philippine Overseas Labor Office. It is the agency responsible for processing OEC applications in Germany. You should get in touch with the POLO Germany office to inquire about the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining an OEC. You can reach them throgh their contact information, which you can find on the official website of the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Germany.
- Gather the necessary documents: Once you have contacted the POLO Germany office, they will provide you with a list of required documents for the OEC application. These documents typically include your employment contract, passport, valid work permit or residence permit, proof of overseas employment, and any other supporting documents required by POLO.
- Complete the OEC application form: Fill out the OEC application form accurately and completely. This form may be available for download on the POLO Germany office’s website or can be obtained from their office directly. Provide all the requested information, including your personal details, employment details, and purpose of travel.
- Submit your application: Once you have gathered all the necessary documents and completed the application form, submit your OEC application to the POLO Germany office. Follow their instructions on where and how to submit the application. It is advisable to make an appointment or schedule a visit to their office to ensure a smooth submission process.
- Pay the necessary fees: There are fees associated with processing the OEC, including the OEC fee and other applicable service fees. The POLO Germany office will inform you about the specific fees and the accepted payment methods. Make sure to settle the payment within the designated timeframe.
- Await processing and approval: After submitting your application and paying the required fees, you will need to wait for the processing and approval of your OEC. The processing time may vary, so it is important to submit your application well in advance of your intended departure date.
- Collect your OEC: Once your OEC application has been approved, you can collect your OEC from the POLO Germany office. They will provide instructions on when and where to collect it. Make sure to bring the necessary identification documents for verification purposes.
- Keep your OEC safe: Your OEC is an essential document for traveling back to your employment overseas. Keep it in a secure place and make copies for backup purposes. Present the original OEC when required at the Philippine airport upon departure for work.
The following individuals are qualified to process the OEC.
- Directly employed Filipino workers by an international employer
- Individuals who are employed by a recruitment agency
- OFWs employed by POEA’s Government Placement Branch (GPB)
Each document should be submitted in two (2) copies: an original and a duplicate or photocopy.
Basic Document Requirements
These requirements are necessary for obtaining the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) which is required for OFWs returning to the Philippines for vacation or emergency purposes. It is important to note that the requirements may be subject to change, so it is advisable to regularly check the POLO Germany website and Facebook page for any updates. Additionally, POLO Germany provides consular services to OFWs in rural areas of Germany, and their consular mission’s schedule and locations can be found on their website and Facebook page as well.
What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in DMW in Germany?
To effectively prepare yourself before going to the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Germany Office, please consider the following steps:
- Determine if you qualify for an exemption from the restriction on direct employment: As per Philippine labor laws and regulations, foreign employers are prohibited from directly recruiting Filipino workers. However, there are exemptions to this rule. Check if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Employers of Professional and Skilled Workers with Verified or Authenticated Employment Contracts that Comply with POEA Standards.
- Foreign Diplomats.
- Heads of State and High-ranking Government Officials.
- International Organizations.
- Lower-ranking officials from the categories mentioned above who are approved by the POLO.
- Residents of the host nation who are permanent residents and wish to hire their family members (excluding domestic workers).
If you qualify for any of these exemptions, you may proceed further.
- Find a POEA-accredited recruitment agency: If you do not fall under the exemption categories mentioned above, your employer must hire you through a POEA-accredited recruitment agency. Ensure that the agency you choose is duly accredited to facilitate the recruitment process.
- Prepare the required documents: Once you have confirmed your eligibility for exemption or selected an accredited recruitment agency, gather all the necessary documents promptly. These documents may include:
- Valid passport.
- Authenticated employment contract that complies with POEA standards (if exempted from the direct hiring restriction).
- Proof of qualifications and skills (diplomas, certificates, etc.).
- Medical certificate.
- Police clearance or background check.
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of relationship with the employer (if applicable).
- Other documents as specified by the POLO or the recruitment agency.
It is important to have these documents prepared and organized to expedite the processing of your application.
Remember, it is crucial to familiarize yourself with the specific requirements and procedures of the POLO Germany Office, as they may have additional guidelines or instructions. Being well-prepared will help you save time and ensure a smoother process during your visit to the POLO office.
How to Get an OEC Appointment in Germany (POPS-BAM System)
Prior to visiting POLO Germany office, an OEC appointment is required.
Follow these instructions to quickly make an appointment. Keep in mind that having an online appointment simplifies things because government workers can immediately verify your information.
Step 1: Visit the POEA Online Service Website here – https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph//onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx
Step 2: Click the “Let’s go” button on e-Registration
Step 4: Fill in the required information and then click register (a message will display indicating that your registration was “Successful”)
Step 5: Log in to the email address you provided when you registered (there is a message containing your “temporary password”)
Step 6: Return to the link provided in Step 1 and log in using the registered email address, then click “next.”
Step 7: Use the temporary password sent to your email, then click “log in.”
Step 8: Set your preferred password.
Step 9: Update your profile by clicking “My Profile,” after completing your profile, click “Update Profile” on the upper right side of the page
Step 10: Input your identification data (passport) and beneficiary on your profile
Step 11: Click the “Balik-Manggagawa” on your dashboard then click the “Next” button
Step 12: Enter your return flight date then click the “Next” button
Step 13: You will be asked about whether you are returning to the same employer, job site, and position if you are a returning BM.
If so, you can print your OEC exemption immediately.
If not, go to step 9 instead (change employer or new BM)
Step 14: Input all your contract details then click the “Submit” button
Step 15: Select your host country as the processing site then click the “Next” button
Step 16: Choose and select your preferred appointment date
Step 17: Take a screenshot and print your scheduled appointment date
How to Apply for an Overseas Employment Certificate Germany
Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 2: Go to POLO Germany office on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full-dose vaccination card/certificate to the assigned security personnel.
Step 3: The assigned security personnel will check your name on the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 4: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 5: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 6: Pay for OEC fees.
Step 7: Wait for the OEC processor’s advice before printing your OEC in POPS-BAM System
Make sure that all the information and details in your OEC are correct and in line with your credentials.
Step 8: Sign in to your POPS-BAM account and select “Print OEC” from the “My Transaction Tab” menu.
To ensure smooth processing of your OEC, it is advisable to avoid using non-English characters like Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Arabic when filling out online forms. Using only English characters will prevent any delays. Remember that you can obtain an OEC only once per visit to the Philippines. It is not permitted to acquire multiple OECs simultaneously. Before your departure, make sure to bring three copies of your OEC to the airport on the day of your flight. Please note that the OEC is valid for sixty (60) days from the date of issue. Ensure that you have this document with you at all times to avoid any issues during check-in or with immigration officials when leaving the Philippines. Balik-Manggagawa OFWs should also carry a copy of their employment contract, plane ticket, and any other necessary travel documents. Once you have all the required documents, proceed to the airport and present your OEC to the immigration official. Having an OEC ensures trouble-free travel and compliance with all legal obligations pertaining to your employment. For further assistance, you can reach us at +49 030 864 95 00 local 301, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please note that we are closed on Germany and the Philippines public holidays.
PAGBABAGO SA REQUIREMENTS NG POEA SA PAGKUHA NG OEC | POEA REQUIREMENTS TO GET OEC
The requirements for acquiring OEC are subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Process OEC in Germany”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. Who can get OEC exemption?
The following requirements must all be met in order for a Balik-Manggagawas to be exempt from acquiring an OEC:
- Has a valid work visa or work permit
- Returning to the same employer and workplace
- Has a record in the POEA database
(Has previously received an OEC at any POEA offices or facilities, including the POEA main office, extension units, regional offices, POLO offices abroad, and BM mall processing centers)
2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
No. All OFWs leaving the Philippines, whether they are returning employees or new workers, must acquire an OEC.
The OEC serves as an exit clearance; therefore if you try to leave the country without it, Immigration will stop you. Additionally, you are excused from paying the terminal fee and travel tax thanks to this certificate.
3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
From the date of issuance, the OEC or OEC Exemption Number is valid for 60 days. You are required by POEA to obtain this as a Balik-Manggagawa before returning to your employer.
4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
OEC or OEC Exemption Number is only intended for one use. Once you have given it to Immigration, it cannot be used again.
5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
The most recent transaction record you have with POEA is your most recent OEC number. This information is required by the system in order to get your record and most recent employment information.
6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
You will be redirected by the system to the APPOINTMENT page, where you must manually visit POEA to process your OEC.
7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
Log in to your BM Online or POPS-BAM account and reprint your OEC.
8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- You can pay your fees in a number of ways, including:
- Globe G-cash
- Over-the-counter thru Banks
- Over-the-counter thru Bayad Centers
- Online Banking
- POLO Germany office
Instructions on how to complete the payment process will be sent to you through email.
9. What is the POLO Germany’s office hour?
The POLO office in Germany is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Closed on Germany and the Philippines public holidays).
10. What is POLO Germany’s address?
POLO Germany’s address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office, Luisenstrasse 16, 10117 Berlin Mitte, Germany.
11. What is the POLO Germany’s hotline number?
You can reach the POLO Germany office at +49 030 864 95 00 local 301.
- Acquiring OEC: The paragraph states that obtaining an OEC is not difficult as long as you understand the processes involved. The OEC is a requirement for finding employment and ensuring a smooth entry through immigration officials.
- Benefits of OEC: Having an OEC provides OFWs with certain benefits, such as being exempt from terminal fees and travel taxes. These benefits can help ease the financial burden for OFWs.
- Recommendation for OFWs in Germany: The paragraph suggests that OFWs in Germany should acquire an OEC before leaving the Philippines for their overseas employment. This implies that obtaining the OEC is necessary for OFWs heading to Germany.
- Monitoring POLO Germany: It advises OFWs to keep an eye on the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Germany Facebook Page and website. This is likely to stay informed about consular missions performed by the office, which could be related to the processing of OECs or other consular services.
- Following the procedures: To ensure a smooth application procedure for the OEC, the paragraph recommends following the procedures mentioned above, which likely refers to understanding the processes involved and monitoring the POLO Germany’s updates. OEC Appointment Germany OFW Balik Manggagawa Certificate
DMW POLO Berlin, Germany
Address: Philippine Embassy Berlin, Luisenstraße 16, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Telephone Number/s: +49 1523 765 7614
Website of POLO Berlin: http://poloberlin.dole.gov.ph/
Website of PH Embassy Berlin: http://philippine-embassy.de/
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinGermany/
Google Map Location