How to Pay Sun Life Traditional Life Insurance and VUL Plans:
You have taken a significant stride towards achieving financial independence. As a policyholder with Sun Life, it is crucial that you settle your insurance premiums regularly to keep your policy active and stay on course to achieving your financial objectives. You can accomplish this by paying at any Sun Life Client Service Center (CSC) or allowing your financial advisor to collect the premiums from you.
However, there may be times when these payment options are inconvenient for you. How to pay sun life traditional life insurance and vul plans. In such cases, you need not worry because Sun Life offers various alternative methods to pay your premiums for insurance plans like Sun Maxilink Prime, Sun Maxilink 100, Sun Fit and Well, and others.
So here’s how to pay your Sun Life insurance plan.
- Over-the-Counter in Banks
- Online and Mobile Banking
- GCash, Paymaya, and other Electronic Cash Wallets
- Bills Payment Centers
Pay Premium in Sun Life via Over-the-Counter (OTC)
Sun Life Accredited Banks for OTC payments:
- Banco De Oro (BDO)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- Rizal Commercial & Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Security Bank & Trust Company (SBTC)
- UnionBank of the Philippines (Unionbank)
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (Metrobank)
The above list consists of the names of six major banks operating in the Philippines, namely Banco De Oro (BDO), Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), Rizal Commercial & Banking Corporation (RCBC), Security Bank & Trust Company (SBTC), UnionBank of the Philippines (Unionbank), and Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (Metrobank).
So here are the steps in paying Sun Life Insurance Plan via over-the-counter
- Head to the closest bank in your area.
- If necessary, obtain a deposit slip and select the Bills Payment Facility. Make sure not to select deposit.
- Write or choose “Sun Life of Canada (Philippines) Inc.” as the recipient.
- Provide your policy number as a reference or the subscriber’s account number.
Go to the counter and make the payment.”If you prefer to pay using a check, you may use a check transaction slip and follow the same procedures mentioned earlier.”Note: Please be advised that when paying your insurance policy dues, you may encounter two separate Sun Life accounts, namely Sun Life of Canada (Philippines) Inc. (SLOCPI) and Sun Life Asset Management Co. Inc. (SLAMC). Kindly indicate SLOCPI as the account to be credited for your insurance policy payment.
Over-the-Counter via BPI Express Assist (BEA)
- Go to the BPI Express Assist Online website.
- Select “Bills Payment” as your transaction.
- Choose “Sun Life of Canada (Philippines) Inc.” from the Insurance Category.
- Enter your “Subscriber’s Name” and “Policy Number”.
- Proceed to your chosen BPI Branch and make the payment.
Online Banking and Mobile Banking
Do you appreciate the ease of doing things? That’s precisely why my clients prefer online and mobile banking for paying their insurance premiums. To get started, you simply need to enroll your Sun Life plan as a bill, which can be done conveniently online. Once registered, you can easily pay your premiums using both the online portal and the mobile app of your bank.
Via BPI Express Online
So here are the steps in paying your Sun Life insurance plan via BPI online banking:
1. Log in to Your BPI Express Online Account
Login to your account in BPI Express Online. Click here to access your BPI accounts online.
2. Click Other Services and then Enroll Billers
Once you have logged in, you can proceed by clicking on the “Other Services” tab and then selecting “Enroll Billers”. Once you have completed this step, you can then click “Next”.
3. Choose “SUNLIF”
Select “SUNLIF” as your biller and enter your policy number as the reference number. After completing this step, you may proceed by clicking “next”.
4. Review the Information and Click Done
You may review the details and make sure you are enrolling the correct biller.
5. Confirm the OTP
You will need to verify your enrollment by entering the One-Time Password (OTP) that will be sent to your mobile number.
6. Click Done Once Enrollment is Successful
7. Click Payment/Load
After successfully enrolling Sun Life as a biller, you can proceed to pay your premium. Simply click on the payment/load button and input all the necessary details, including the payment amount and your insurance plan’s policy number. Then, click the “next” button to continue.
8. Pay Your Premium
Please review all the details and click on confirm. After that, you will need to verify your payment using an OTP, and then you’ll be done.
Via BDO Online Banking
So here are the steps in paying your Sun Life insurance plan via BDO online banking:
1. Log in to Your BDO Online Account
2. Click Pay Bills and Reload
After you sign in, click on “Pay Bills and Reload,” then select “Enrollment,” followed by “Company Biller” and click on “Enroll.” Enter your policy number as the subscriber number and choose any additional channels you wish to enroll in.
3. Wait for the Confirmation Page
Once the enrolment is successful, you can now pay your due.
4. Pay the Premium
Select Sun Life of Canada Philippines Inc. from the options provided and complete the remaining fields. Then, click “Submit.” That’s all there is to it! Once you have enrolled your Sun Life insurance, you can make payments online just as you would for your utility bills.
Via Metrobank Online Banking
- Log in to your Metrobank Online account.
- Click on “eBanking Solutions”.
- Choose “Register a New Biller” under “Pay Bills”.
- Select “Insurance and Preneed” from the Category dropdown field.
- Click on the dropdown button on the Biller Name field.
- Choose either “Sun Life of Canada – Peso” or “Sun Life of Canada – Dollar”.
- Enter your policy number in the Subscriber/Account No. field.
- You may leave Reference No. and Phone No. fields blank.
- Click “Continue” and then “Register New Biller” how to pay your Sun Life plan via Metrobank online.
- To pay your Sun Life plan through Metrobank online, start by logging into your Metrobankdirect account.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Pay Bills page and select Sun Life of Canada from the list of registered billers.
- Fill out the necessary details, including the amount of your premium and payment type (choose “Immediate”).
- Select the savings account you wish to use for payment.
- Click “Continue” to proceed with the payment and then click “Confirm.”
- Lastly, review your payment transaction to ensure that all details are accurate.
Pay Sun Life Premiums via GCash
So here are the steps on how to pay Sun Life via GCash:
1. Launch the GCash App
Open the GCash application on your phone and then click the pay bills facility.
2. Choose Insurance
Then choose the most appropriate biller category, which is insurance.
3. Click Sun Life of Canada Phils
4. Fill-out the Form
5. Payment Confirmation
Please click the confirm button to proceed with paying your premiums through GCash. Once you confirm your payment, it will be posted within 2-3 business days.
Pay Sun Life Premiums via PayMaya
It is possible to make payments for your Sun Life premiums using Paymaya. To begin with, you will have to log in to your PayMaya account and select Pay Bill. Ensure that your account has enough balance. Next, choose Sun Life of Canada as the biller and enter your policy number as the reference number.
Pay Sun Life via Credit Card
Sun Life is currently accepting credit card payments for their VUL plan. However, this payment option is only available for new life insurance applications and for existing clients who have an auto-charge agreement in place. If you’re interested in this option, simply speak with your financial advisor and they will provide you with the necessary forms to set up the auto-charge arrangement.
Auto-Debit Arrangement (ADA) Facility
You have the option to set up automatic payments to Sun Life using the auto-debit arrangement. However, this service is currently only available to account holders of BPI and BDO banks. Simply request the form from your financial advisor, sign it, and give it back to your advisor. You won’t need to go to the bank yourself as your advisor will take care of the process for you.
Other Payment Facilities
In addition to banks, there are other options to pay your premiums such as SM Customer Center, G-Cash, Smart Money, and Bayad Center, among others. It’s important to make sure that you indicate Sun Life of Canada (Philippines) Inc. as the payee and your policy number as your reference when making your payment. Additionally, don’t forget to bring a copy of your billing statement.