It appears that you are seeking information about processing an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in the Al Khobar Eastern Region area of Saudi Arabia. However, I must inform you that as an AI language model, I don’t have real-time information or access to current updates. The information I provide is based on my training data up until September 2021. Therefore, I recommend checking the official sources such as the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) or the Philippine embassy in Saudi Arabia for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding OEC processing.
Moreover, considering the temporary closure of the POLO-ERO office, it is advisable to stay updated through the POLO-ERO Facebook Page or other official channels for any upcoming Embassy-on-Wheels outreach programs or consular missions in your vicinity. These initiatives present valuable opportunities to acquire an OEC and access additional information and support.
Remember, it’s crucial to rely on the most recent and reliable sources for accurate information about OEC processing and related matters.
The following individuals are qualified to process the OEC:
- Directly employed Filipino workers by an international employer
- Individuals who are employed by a recruitment agency
- OFWs employed by POEA’s Government Placement Branch (GPB)
Each document should be submitted in two (2) copies: an original and a duplicate or photocopy.
Basic Document Requirements
- Printed Online Appointment (POPS-BAM)
- Printed Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet
- Sworn Statement (For OFWs who have never had a POEA record or who are applying for OEC for the first time)
- Passport (valid for at least six months) from departure date
- Verified Employment Contract
- Certificate of Employment
- Valid Work Visa, Work Permit, or any equivalent document
- Confirmed Airline Ticket
- OEC fees
Additional Requirements for Household Service Worker (HSW)
- HSW Standard Employment Contract signed by the employer and HSW
- Employer’s ID
- Exit and Re-entry Visa
The list of requirements is subject to change, therefore it’s important to keep an eye on the POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia website and Facebook page for updates.
What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in Al Khobar Eastern Region in Saudi?
You must prepare yourself before going to the Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia Office; otherwise, you will only waste your time. Here’s what you should consider:
- Check if you qualify for an exemption from the restriction on direct employment: Philippine labor laws and regulations prohibit foreign employers from directly recruiting Filipino workers. However, some employers are exempt from this restriction. These include:
- Employers of Professional and Skilled Workers with Verified or Authenticated Employment Contracts that Comply with POEA Standards
- Foreign Diplomats
- Heads of State and High-ranking Government Officials
- International Organizations
- Lower-ranking officials from the first three items who are approved by the POLO
- Residents of the host nation who are permanent residents and who hire their family members, excluding domestic workers
- Prepare all the required documents: Once you have confirmed that your employer is exempt from the direct hiring restriction, gather all the necessary documents promptly.
Update: The POLO-Eastern Regional Operations (ERO) office in Al Khobar and the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia is no longer operational. There is a notice at their office directing you to POLO-Riyadh for any inquiries. However, some POLO and OWWA services are available through their “Embassy on Wheels” programs. Announcements regarding these programs are made on their POLO-Eastern Region Operations, KSA Facebook Page. So, make sure to like and follow their Facebook page for updates.
How to Get an Appointment for OEC Application in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia?
Prior to visiting POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia office through Embassy on Wheels, an OEC appointment is required. Follow these instructions to quickly make an appointment. Keep in mind that having an online appointment simplifies things because government workers can immediately verify your information.
Step 1: Visit and click the link here – https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
Step 2: Select “POLO Al Khobar” under OWWA office and “Balik Manggagawa (BM)” under Type of Program the click the “Next” button
Step 3: Choose your preferred time and date, then click “Next”
Step 4: Fill in the required information and then click “Next”
Step 5: Review and confirm your scheduled appointments
Step 6: Take a screenshot and print your scheduled appointment date
Note: If a slot on the calendar is not available, you can go straight to the POLO office in Al Khobar (Embassy on Wheels).
How to Get an OEC in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia?
Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 2: Go to POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia office (Embassy on Wheels) on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full dose vaccination card / certificate to the assigned security personnel.
Step 3: The assigned security personnel will check your name to the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 4: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 5: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 6: Pay for OEC fees.
Step 7: Wait for the OEC processor’s advice before printing your OEC in POPS-BAM System
Make sure that all the information and details in your OEC are correct and in line with your credentials.
Step 8: Sign in to your POPS-BAM account and select “Print OEC” from the “My Transaction Tab” menu.
It seems like you have shared some details about the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) office in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, as well as some guidelines regarding the OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) for Filipino workers.
Just to recap, here are the key points from your message:
- The POLO Al Khobar office has closed, and the new office is located in the same building as POLO-Riyadh.
- The Embassy on Wheels program operates three times a week: on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. This program aims to reach out to Filipinos in remote areas.
- Driving from Al Khobar to Riyadh via Route 40 takes about 4 hours and 5 minutes, making the Embassy on Wheels a necessary project to easily connect with Filipinos in the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia.
- When filling out online forms, avoid using non-English characters to prevent delays in processing your OEC. Use only English characters.
- You can acquire an OEC only once during each visit to the Philippines. Getting more than one OEC simultaneously is not allowed.
- Remember to bring three copies of your OEC to the airport on the day of your departure.
- The OEC is valid for 60 days from the day it was issued.
- It is crucial to have the OEC document with you at all times before departing the Philippines to avoid check-in issues or being stopped by immigration officials.
- Balik-Manggagawa OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers returning to the same employer) must present a copy of their employment contract, plane ticket, and any other necessary travel documents.
- Once you have all the required documents, you can present the OEC to the immigration official at the airport, ensuring a smooth travel experience and compliance with employment obligations.
- You can contact the POLO office at +966 50 285 0944 from Sunday to Thursday, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Please note that they are closed on public holidays in Saudi Arabia and the Philippines.
OEC Philippine Requirement to Get Back to Saudi
more about the importance of OEC. NINS M.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Process OEC in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. Who can get OEC exemption?
The following requirements must all be met in order for a Balik-Manggagawas to be exempt from acquiring an OEC:
- Has a valid work visa or work permit
- Returning to the same employer and workplace
- Has a record in the POEA database (Has previously received an OEC at any POEA offices or facilities, including the POEA main office, extension units, regional offices, POLO offices abroad, and BM mall processing centers)
2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
No. All OFWs leaving the Philippines, whether they are returning employees or new workers, must acquire an OEC.
The OEC serves as an exit clearance; therefore if you try to leave the country without it, Immigration will stop you. Additionally, you are excused from paying the terminal fee and travel tax thanks to this certificate.
3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
From the date of issuance, the OEC or OEC Exemption Number is valid for 60 days. You are required by POEA to obtain this as a Balik-Manggagawa before returning to your employer.
4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
OEC or OEC Exemption Number is only intended for one use. Once you have given it to Immigration, it cannot be used again.
5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
The most recent transaction record you have with POEA is your most recent OEC number. This information is required by the system in order to get your record and most recent employment information.
6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
You will be redirected by the system to the APPOINTMENT page, where you must manually visit POEA to process your OEC.
7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
Log in to your POPS-BAM account and reprint your OEC.
8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- You can pay your fees in a number of ways, including:
- Globe G-cash
- Over-the-counter thru Banks
- Over-the-counter thru Bayad Centers
- Online Banking
- POLO Jeddah, Saudi Arabia office
Instructions on how to complete the payment process will be sent to you through email.
9. What is the POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia’s hotline number?
You can reach the POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia office at +966 54 566 4964.
10. What is the POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia’s office hours?
The POLO office in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia is open Sunday to Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Closed on Saudi Arabia and Philippines public holidays).
11. What is POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia’s address?
POLO Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia’s address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office, 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, 8103, Riyadh, 12711, Saudi Arabia.What is the POLO Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s office hour?
To obtain an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) as an OFW in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, you can follow these steps using the online processing system:OEC Appointment Al Khobar Saudi OFW Balik Manggagawa Certificate
- Registration: Visit the official website of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and create an account if you haven’t already done so. Provide the necessary information and complete the registration process.
- Log in: Once you have registered, log in to your account using your username and password.
- Application: Look for the option to apply for an OEC and click on it. Fill out the required information accurately, such as your personal details, employment contract, and departure date.
- Payment: Pay the necessary fees for the OEC processing. The online system usually provides various payment options, such as bank transfer or credit/debit card payment. Follow the instructions provided and make the payment.
- Verification: After submitting your application and payment, the system will verify the information and documents you provided. Make sure to double-check everything to avoid any errors or discrepancies.
- OEC Generation: Once your application is approved and verified, the online system will generate your OEC. You will receive a digital copy of your OEC, which you can download or print.
- Departure: When departing the Philippines, make sure to have a printed copy of your OEC with you. Present it to the immigration official at the airport, along with your passport and other required travel documents.
It’s important to note that these steps are general guidelines, and specific instructions or requirements may vary. It’s always recommended to visit the official website of the POEA or contact their office directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the OEC process for OFWs in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
DMW POLO-OWWA Eastern Regional Operations (Al Khobar), Saudi Arabia
Main Address: 6237, Alkurnaish, Al Khobar 34414, Saudi Arabia
OWWA Al Khobar Hotline: +966 54 566 4964
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/POLO-Eastern-Region-Operations-KSA-107568820576350/
Google Map Location