There are four ways in which you can pay your membership contribution:
- Credit Card: You can choose to pay using a credit card. When you click on the payment option, you will be redirected to a secure payment gateway where you can enter your credit card details, such as the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. Once you have provided the necessary information, you can submit the payment.
- Debit Card: If you prefer to use a debit card, you can select this option for payment. Similar to the credit card method, you will need to enter your debit card details on the secure payment gateway page. This typically includes the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. After entering the required information, you can proceed with submitting the payment.
- Online Banking: Some membership platforms provide the option to pay through online banking. If this option is available, you will be directed to a page where you can select your bank and log in to your online banking account. Once logged in, you can authorize the payment and confirm the transaction.
- Electronic Wallets: Certain membership platforms may also support electronic wallets as a payment method. If this option is available, you will be prompted to select your preferred electronic wallet provider, such as PayPal, Google Pay, or Apple Pay. You will then be redirected to the respective payment gateway, where you can log in to your electronic wallet account and complete the payment.
After selecting your preferred payment method and providing the necessary information, you can click “Submit” to finalize the payment and complete the membership contribution process.
Payment through LandBank/OFBank ATM
Being state-owned banks, Landbank and Overseas Filipinos Bank (OFBank) accept payments for OWWA membership.
- Select “LandBank/OFBank ATM” for your payment option.
- Input your LandBank or OFBank account number.
- Scan through the Terms and Conditions, and tick the box once done.
- Input the One-Time Password (OTP) that was sent to the phone number as registered in your account.
- Enter your ATM PIN and tap “Submit”. The page will show your payment info and confirmation if successful.
Payment through BancNet
“If you have an account with another bank, you have the option to choose your preferred bank under BancNet for making payments.
- Choose “BancNet” as your payment option.
- Select your desired bank from the provided list and enter your card number.
- Double-check your details and click on “Submit.”
Alternatively, you can make cash payments by visiting authorized payment centers in your vicinity.
- Select “Cash Payment” as your payment option.
- Choose your preferred payment method.
- Review your payment information before finalizing.
- After submission, print the transaction details and present them at the payment center to complete the payment.
Payment through other Banks
a process for selecting a payment option for bank account owners who don’t see their bank listed. The instructions suggest selecting “Other banks” as the payment option and following the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the transaction. Once the transaction is finalized, the page should show your payment information and provide confirmation if the payment is successful.
How to Confirming your Membership via OWWA App
After completing the payment for your membership contribution, follow these steps to verify your membership status and access the information you need:
- Log in to your account on the relevant platform or website.
- Navigate to the Information tab, which can typically be found in the account settings or profile section.
- Look for your membership status, which should be displayed as “ACTIVE” if your payment has been successfully received and processed.
- Additionally, you may find an update on the validity or expiration date of your membership, indicating how long it will remain active.
- To view your payment history, check for a specific section or option related to transactions or payments.
- Within the payment history section, you should see a list of your recent transactions, including the corresponding Official Receipt (OR) number associated with each transaction.
Features and Services of the OWWA Mobile App
The OWWA Mobile App revolutionizes the way OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) can access and utilize the benefits, programs, and services offered by the office. This app provides a convenient and efficient platform for OFWs to access and update their membership information, ensuring a seamless experience.
With the OWWA Mobile App, OFWs can conveniently avail themselves of the various programs and services provided by OWWA. The following in-app options are available to access OWWA’s programs and services:
- Membership Information: OFWs can easily view and update their personal information, such as contact details and employment status, ensuring that their records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Benefits and Services: The app allows users to explore the range of benefits and services provided by OWWA. This includes information on financial assistance programs, scholarships for dependents, and livelihood programs available to OFWs and their families.
- Skills-for-Employment Program: OFWs can access information about the Skills-for-Employment Program (SEP) through the app. SEP offers various training programs to enhance the skills and employability of OFWs, providing them with better opportunities both overseas and in the Philippines.
- OFW Global Card: The app provides details about the OFW Global Card, which serves as an identification card and a reloadable cash card. Users can learn how to apply for the card and understand its benefits, including discounts and rebates from partner establishments.
- OFW Help Desk: The app features an OFW Help Desk where users can seek assistance and support from OWWA. This includes guidance on employment concerns, legal matters, and other issues faced by OFWs during their overseas employment.
- News and Updates: Stay informed about the latest news, announcements, and events related to OWWA and the welfare of OFWs. The app ensures that users have access to timely and relevant information.
The OWWA Mobile App strives to provide OFWs with a user-friendly platform to access OWWA’s programs and services conveniently. By harnessing the power of technology, the app aims to enhance the overall experience of OFWs and cater to their evolving needs.
- OWWA OFW Member’s Profile
- Employment contract check
- Membership verification
- Membership renewal
- Payment of membership contribution and other fees
- Payment history check
- Passport page
- OWWA project details and contact information
OWWA Member Mobile App Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please check out these common questions and answers about the OWWA Mobile app for your reference.
1. What is the OWWA Mobile App?
The OWWA Mobile App is a user-friendly and convenient application developed by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to facilitate seamless transactions and provide various programs and services to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) across the globe. This app enables OFWs to stay informed about the latest programs and projects initiated by the office, manage and update their membership information, and access special services and benefits easily using their mobile devices.
By utilizing the OWWA Mobile App, OFWs can access a range of features and functionalities that enhance their experience and engagement with OWWA. These include:
- Program and Project Updates: The app provides real-time information about the latest programs, initiatives, and projects implemented by OWWA. OFWs can stay up-to-date with relevant news and announcements to take advantage of various opportunities and benefits.
- Membership Management: OFWs can conveniently check and update their membership status and details through the app. This feature allows them to ensure their membership remains active and make necessary changes to their personal information whenever required.
- Special Services and Benefits: The OWWA Mobile App offers exclusive services and benefits tailored for OFWs. Users can easily access and avail of these services, such as educational scholarships, livelihood assistance, medical benefits, and more, directly from their mobile devices.
- Online Transactions: The app facilitates online transactions, eliminating the need for OFWs to visit physical OWWA offices. Users can apply for various programs, submit necessary documents, and track the progress of their applications, saving time and effort.
- Notifications and Alerts: The app sends push notifications and alerts to keep OFWs informed about important updates, deadlines, and new offerings from OWWA. This ensures that they never miss out on crucial information or opportunities.
2. How do I download the OWWA App?
The OWWA App can be downloaded via smartphone at Google Play for Android users, or at Apple Store for iOS users. Simply search for “OWWA App” or “OWWA Mobile App”.
3. Is the OWWA App for free?
Yes, the OWWA App is free for download across all devices.
4. Is the OWWA App required to be a member?
No, you do not need to have the OWWA app to register as a member. However, having the app makes it easier and more convenient to check your membership status, as well as renew it when it expires.
5. What can I get from downloading the app?
Downloading the app allows you to check, renew, and pay for your membership in a few taps, as well as stay updated on OWWA activities and find contact information of OWWA offices should you need assistance.
6. How much do I need to pay to be an OWWA member?
To be an OWWA OFW member, a membership contribution of US $25, or its equivalent in current foreign currencies, is required upon registration. In the OWWA App, you may choose to pay for your membership either through bank payments or in cash.
7. Which banks can I use to pay for my membership?
If you prefer to pay the membership fee through your bank account, you have several options. The following banks are accepted under the BancNet option:
- Asia United Bank (AUB)
- BPI Direct BanKo
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank (CTBC)
- Citystate Savings Bank
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP)
- Enterprise Bank
- Entrepreneur Bank
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Luzon Development Bank
- Malayan Bank
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCom)
- Philippine Business Bank
- Philtrust Bank
- Sterling Bank of Asia
- Sun Savings Bank
If you have an account with any of these banks, you can select the respective bank option during the payment process and follow the instructions provided.
Alternatively, you can also pay through Landbank or Overseas Filipino Bank (OFBank) ATM. Simply select the corresponding option in the “Payment Method” and follow the instructions provided.
For individuals with bank accounts in other banks, you can select the “Other banks” option and choose your preferred bank. Follow the provided instructions to complete the payment process.
8. Is the membership fee one-time?
No, the membership fee is valid for two (2) years, regardless of your contract period, employer, job site or recruitment agency, or any change therein. After two years, you will be sent a notification as well as instructions for payment should you renew your membership.
9. How will I know if my payment was successful?
To confirm the successful payment of your membership, your device’s screen will show your payment information after submitting your payment. An electronic receipt will also be sent to your registered email address to affirm confirmation.
10. Why can’t I register in the app?
Failure of registration may have something to do with missing information in your registration form or weak Internet connectivity. Otherwise, an alert notification on your device’s screen, followed by an email containing your registration approval and login information to be sent to you. The login information from your email shall then be your credentials when you log in to the app.
11. Are the OWWA app and Uwian Na App the same?
No; they are both OWWA-managed applications, but for different purposes. The OWWA Mobile App is the all-around application designed to easily access updates on OWWA programs and services and update OFW membership, while the OWWA Uwian Na App is created to offer assistance for OFWs who need to go back to the Philippines in this time of the crisis.
12. How do I check my membership status if I don’t have a smartphone?
Should you not have access to a smartphone, you may check and update your membership status online at https://owwa.gov.ph/. You may also visit the nearest Regional Welfare/Satellite office if you’re residing in the Philippines or the designated POLO office of your country of employment.
In this rapidly changing digital era, where everything seems to be available at our fingertips, the OWWA Mobile App emerges as a valuable tool among the plethora of services. Gone are the days of enduring long queues and numerous steps for a single transaction, as this app offers a faster, more convenient, and hassle-free way to connect with OWWA’s programs and services.
With the OWWA Mobile App, millions of OFWs can effortlessly maintain their membership and maximize the benefits associated with being an OWWA member. It ensures that their hard work and sacrifices while being away from their loved ones are always rewarded.
While the app is not mandatory for OFW membership in OWWA, keeping it readily available provides significant advantages. It facilitates closer collaboration between OFWs and the Philippine government, through OWWA, in building the nation together.OWWA Mobile App Registration Guide
Moreover, the app enables the Philippine government to gather direct feedback from OFWs, aiding in the improvement of programs and policies that cater to their needs and the welfare of their dependents. Additionally, the app simplifies the process of staying updated on membership status and other OWWA announcements. Its user-friendly interface and features make it easier than ever to access vital information.
The OWWA Mobile App stands as a testament to the innate warmth, thoughtfulness, and genuine service embedded within the Filipino culture. Designed by Filipinos for Filipinos worldwide, it embodies the spirit of Bayanihan, now accessible with just a tap on our screens.