Do you have an expired OWWA membership and are wondering how to process it in Myanmar? If your answer is yes, look no further as we have got you covered. This article provides information on the documentary requirements and application process for OWWA membership in Myanmar. We have also listed the contact details of relevant offices that can assist you. So, whether you are renewing your OWWA membership or are not yet a member, continue reading to learn how to process your OWWA membership in Myanmar.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Myanmar
But let’s start with the basics. What is the function of OWWA? The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency that operates under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). Its main objective is to ensure the safety and welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents, in collaboration with the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO).
OWWA provides a membership program for OFWs, which grants them access to various forms of support and services tailored to their specific needs, including livelihood, health, and education. Active OWWA members can also seek financial and legal assistance in case of employer-related issues or job termination. Most importantly, OWWA serves as insurance for OFWs, offering benefits such as medical coverage, disability benefits, and assistance in times of calamities. Due to these reasons, we highly recommend that OFWs in Myanmar with expired memberships or those who are not yet members prioritize their OWWA membership.
If you would like to renew or apply for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Myanmar, you will need to gather the following documentary requirements:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet. This form needs to be completed accurately and comprehensively.
- Original and copy of a valid Philippine passport (showing the data page). You will need to provide your current and valid Philippine passport, and include a photocopy of the data page.
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment: A document issued by your employer verifying your employment status.
- Company ID: A valid identification card issued by your employer.
- Copy of the latest payslip: A copy of your most recent payslip indicating your salary and employment details.
- Work or residence permit: A document issued by the relevant authorities in Myanmar, authorizing your employment or residency.
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad: This could include any additional documentation that demonstrates your ongoing employment overseas.
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to MMK based on the foreign exchange rate. You will need to pay the OWWA membership fee, which amounts to US$25.00. The fee should be converted to the local currency, Myanmar Kyat (MMK), based on the prevailing foreign exchange rate.
Please ensure that you have all the required documents and that they are properly completed and organized before submitting your application for OWWA membership renewal or application in Myanmar.
With the various benefits that OWWA offers, OFWs and their dependents have the opportunity to enjoy programs and services tailored to their needs and interests. However, not all OFWs are eligible to become members of OWWA, as the agency has certain qualification criteria that must be met and maintained. OFWs are eligible to become OWWA members if they have active and continuous employment and are considered “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
Additionally, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries can qualify as OWWA members. However, they must maintain their Filipino citizenship and have full-time or permanent employment. On the other hand, OFWs who do not meet any of these criteria are not eligible for OWWA membership, including employees:
It is important for OFWs to meet the eligibility requirements set by OWWA in order to avail themselves of the benefits and assistance provided by the agency. These benefits can range from financial support and livelihood programs to education and training opportunities for OFWs and their families.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Myanmar
As of the current date, there is no online appointment system available in Myanmar for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership. Additionally, Myanmar does not have a designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office). However, the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar organizes Consular Outreach Missions, which may require an appointment.
Unfortunately, the information available online regarding these services is outdated, and it remains unclear whether labor-related services, including on-site OWWA membership registration, are provided. Consequently, OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) are advised to contact the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar directly for inquiries and further information.
Alternatively, OFWs who are on vacation in the Philippines can schedule an appointment for OWWA membership with the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or the OWWA Regional office. For OFWs in Myanmar, seeking assistance with the OWWA membership application, it is recommended to reach out to the nearest POLO office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Please note that the above information is accurate as of the time of writing. It is always recommended to verify the latest updates and requirements by contacting the relevant authorities or checking official government websites.
Applying for OWWA membership in Myanmar
According to a Facebook post from the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar, they previously conducted a Consular Outreach Mission where they processed on-site OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership. However, since the post is outdated and there is no current information available regarding OWWA membership, it is advisable for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) to directly inquire with the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar for the latest details.
For individuals who are on vacation in the Philippines, it is possible to process OWWA membership on-site at the DMW (Department of Manpower and Welfare) or the OWWA Regional office.
Regarding the nearest POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) from Myanmar, it is located in Malaysia. They also process OWWA membership for OFWs in Thailand via email. Therefore, it may be worthwhile to contact POLO Malaysia to determine if a similar process applies to OFWs in Myanmar, as it is unclear if Myanmar falls under their jurisdiction.
Lastly, the OWWA mobile app provides the easiest method to renew OWWA membership. By downloading the app, individuals can fill out the online form and make the necessary contribution payment.
Please note that the information provided is based on the details provided in the given text, and it is advisable to directly contact the relevant authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Paying OWWA Membership in Myanmar
Considering the limited information available online regarding OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Myanmar, we suggest that you contact the Philippine Embassy in Yangon for more accurate and up-to-date details. You can inquire if their office provides on-site OWWA membership during their Consular Outreach Mission and schedule an appointment. It is also important to ask about the latest documentary requirements for the membership application process. Once you visit the embassy during the outreach mission, you will be able to pay the OWWA contribution fee, similar to the DMW (Documentary Manpower Welfare) fee, or at the OWWA Regional office.
Alternatively, if you are looking for the easiest way to process your OWWA membership, you can download the OWWA mobile app on your device. With this app, you can conveniently renew your OWWA membership anytime. The app offers various payment options, including online banking, e-wallets, and over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. Furthermore, the OWWA membership fee can be paid at the OWWA Regional office, and if you are not in the Philippines, you can even ask your relatives to make the payment on your behalf.
Please note that this information is based on the assumption that the OWWA membership process in Myanmar remains similar to what was available up until September 2021. It is always best to verify the current requirements and procedures by contacting the Philippine Embassy in Yangon directly.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Myanmar)
To complete the process of contacting the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar regarding the Consular Outreach Mission and booking an on-site appointment for OWWA membership registration and renewal, follow these steps:
- Begin by contacting the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar. You can reach out to them via phone or email to inquire about the Consular Outreach Mission and express your interest in booking an appointment for OWWA membership registration and renewal.
- Once you have confirmed the availability of the Consular Outreach Mission and secured an appointment, gather all the necessary documentary requirements. These may include your passport, valid identification documents, proof of OWWA membership, and any other relevant documents specified by the embassy. Ensure that you have all the required documents in order to proceed smoothly.
- If you receive a confirmation of your appointment schedule via email, either print it out or take a screenshot for reference. This will serve as proof of your scheduled appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, head to the designated application site as instructed by the Philippine Embassy. Make sure to arrive on time and bring all the necessary documents mentioned in step 2.
- At the application site, follow the instructions provided by the embassy staff. Pay the OWWA membership fee as required and obtain an official receipt for your payment. The staff will guide you through the process of completing the registration and renewal of your OWWA membership.
Remember to follow any additional instructions or guidelines provided by the Philippine Embassy in Myanmar throughout the entire process.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account and provide an active email address. This email will be used to send your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details that have been sent to you.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details you received via email.
- Once you have successfully logged into your account, click on the “Information” button located at the bottom tab.
- On the next page, you will find your membership status, which can be either active or inactive.
- If your membership status is inactive, click on the “Renew Membership Here” option and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary, and then click on “Submit.”
- You will be redirected to the LandBank payment portal page. Here, click on the “Payment Option” and choose your preferred method of payment.
- Copy the Reference Number provided and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- After completing the payment, take a screenshot of your transaction or save the electronic receipt provided.
That’s it! Following these steps will guide you through the process of downloading the OWWA mobile app, registering an account, renewing your membership, and making the necessary payment.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Myanmar
To ensure a smooth application process for your OWWA membership in Myanmar, please take note of the following reminders.
As of the time of writing, there is currently no designated Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Myanmar. The nearest POLO office is located in Malaysia. Filipino Overseas Workers (OFWs) in Myanmar who wish to process their Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership have several options available to them.
Firstly, they can utilize the OWWA mobile app or the Duty-Free Philippines (DFP) Nationwide Direct Marketing Window (DMW) to process their membership. Additionally, they may visit the OWWA Regional office or participate in a Consular Outreach Mission organized by the Philippine Embassy in Yangon.
When visiting the Philippine Embassy or any other government office, it is essential for OFWs to adhere to the proper dress code. Wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando (undershirts), shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers is strictly prohibited.
For OFWs who choose to process their OWWA membership on-site, it is advisable to bring the following documents: proof of a confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to the visit.
Given the possibility of outdated information regarding OWWA membership in Myanmar, it is highly recommended that OFWs in the country reach out to the Philippine Embassy in Yangon, POLO Malaysia, or their recruitment agency for further assistance. They can also stay updated by visiting the respective Facebook pages and websites of these organizations.
Please note that the situation may change, and it is always best to consult the latest updates from official sources.
MADALING PARAAN KUNG PAANO I-VERIFY KUNG ACTIVE PARIN ANG INYONG OWWA MEMBERSHIP, OWWA MOBILE APP
As mentioned in the video, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) have the option to verify their membership status through the OWWA mobile app, whether it is active or inactive. To perform this check, simply log in to your account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can easily sign up for one. With the OWWA mobile app, you can conveniently renew your OWWA membership and submit requests for accessing services. Therefore, this application simplifies the process of managing OWWA membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Myanmar?
As of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership isn’t available in Myanmar.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Myanmar?
OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Myanmar now have the option to renew their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership through various channels, including the OWWA mobile app, DMW (Duty-Free Philippines Online Portal), OWWA Regional office, and Consular Outreach Mission. This provides them with convenient ways to maintain their membership and access the benefits and services offered by OWWA.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Myanmar?
The OWWA membership fee in Myanmar is US$25.00 converted to MMK based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
To summarize, maintaining an active membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) can bring numerous advantages to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their dependents, particularly when faced with financial, educational, and health-related challenges. Therefore, whether you
Philippine Embassy in Yangon, Myanmar
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: No. 21 Pho Sein Road, Bahan Township Yangon, Myanmar, 11201
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinMyanmar
Telephone Number: +(95) (1) 558 152
POLO-OWWA in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 1, Jalan Changkat Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinMalaysia
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
OWWA Telephone Numbers: +(603) 9202 3756, +(6019) 333 0156
POLO Telephone Numbers: +(603) 2181 7299, +(603) 2161 2222