- Contact the POLO Vancouver, Canada Office: The POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Vancouver, Canada office is responsible for handling OEC applications. You can reach out to them through their contact details to inquire about the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining an OEC Calgary Appointment Canada OFW Balik Manggagawa Certificate’
- Prepare the necessary documents: Before visiting the POLO office, make sure to gather all the required documents. The exact list may vary, so it’s essential to confirm with the POLO Vancouver office. Typically, you will need the following:
- Valid passport
- Work permit or employment contract
- Proof of overseas employment (such as an employment certificate or contract renewal)
- Flight details (if applicable)
- Accomplished OEC application form
- Schedule an appointment: Depending on the process followed by the POLO Vancouver office, you may need to schedule an appointment to submit your OEC application. Contact the office or check their website for information on how to schedule an appointment.
- Visit the POLO Vancouver office: On the appointed date and time, go to the POLO Vancouver office in Calgary. Make sure to bring all the required documents. The office staff will assist you in reviewing your application and guide you through the process.
- Pay the necessary fees: There may be fees associated with the OEC application process. The office will provide you with information regarding the fees and the accepted payment methods. Be prepared to pay the required amount during your visit.
- Complete the application process: Follow the instructions provided by the POLO Vancouver office to complete the OEC application process. This may involve filling out forms, submitting the required documents, and providing any additional information they may require.
- Await the release of the OEC: After completing the application process, the POLO office will process your application. Once approved, they will issue the OEC to you. The office staff will inform you of the date and method for collecting the OEC.
Remember to adhere to any additional instructions or requirements provided by the POLO Vancouver office throughout the application process. It’s advisable to start the OEC application process well in advance to ensure a smooth and timely issuance of the certificate.
The following individuals are qualified to process the OEC.
- irectly employed Filipino workers by an international employer
- Individuals who are employed by a recruitment agency
- OFWs employed by POEA’s Government Placement Branch (GPB)
Each document should be submitted in two (2) copies: an original and a duplicate or photocopy.
Basic Document Requirements
- Printed Online Appointment (POPS-BAM / BM Online): You need to have a printed copy of your online appointment confirmation from the POPS-BAM or BM Online system.
- Printed Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet: You should have a printed copy of your Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet. This form contains details about your employment abroad.
- Sworn Statement (For OFWs who have never had a POEA record or who are applying for OEC for the first time): If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who has never had a record with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) or if you are applying for an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for the first time, you need to provide a sworn statement.
- Passport (valid for at least six months) from departure date: Make sure you have a valid passport that will be valid for at least six months from your departure date.
- Verified Employment Contract: You need to present a verified copy of your employment contract. This contract should outline the terms and conditions of your employment abroad.
- Certificate of Employment, Company ID, latest pay slip, or other documents as proof of employment: Provide a Certificate of Employment from your employer, a Company ID, your latest pay slip, or any other documents that can serve as proof of your current employment.
- Valid Work Visa, Work Permit, or any equivalent document: You must have a valid work visa, work permit, or any other equivalent document that allows you to work legally in your country of employment.
- Confirmed Airline Ticket: Make sure you have a confirmed airline ticket for your travel. This ticket should indicate your departure date and destination.
- OEC fees: Prepare the necessary fees for obtaining the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). The exact amount may vary, so it’s best to check with the appropriate authorities or agencies for the current fees.
Please note that this information may be subject to change, and it’s always advisable to consult with the relevant government agencies or the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) for the most up-to-date requirements and procedures.
- Letter of Confirmation from the Employer confirming the transfer to the job site
- Letter of Guarantee from the Employer
The list of requirements is subject to change, therefore it’s important to keep an eye on the POLO Calgary and Vancouver, Canada website and Facebook page for updates.
What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in DMW Calgary, Canada?
Before visiting the POLO Calgary, Canada Office, it is important to ensure that you have prepared your documents properly to avoid wasting your time. Here are the things you should consider:
- Determine if you qualify for an exemption: According to Philippine labor laws and regulations, foreign employers are not allowed to directly recruit Filipino workers. However, there are exemptions to this restriction. You need to find out if you meet the criteria for exemption from direct employment. Generally, the employer must hire you through a POEA-accredited recruitment agency. However, certain entities are exempt from this restriction, including:
- Employers of Professional and Skilled Workers with Verified or Authenticated Employment Contracts that Comply with POEA Standards
- Foreign Diplomats
- Heads of State and High-ranking Government Officials
- International Organizations
- Lower-ranking officials from the aforementioned categories who are approved by the POLO
- Residents of the host nation who are permanent residents and hire their family members (excluding domestic workers)
- Prepare the necessary documents: Once you have confirmed that your employer is exempt from the direct hiring restriction, it is crucial to gather all the required documents. Make sure you have everything ready in advance.
It’s important to note that the processing of OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) for OFWs in Calgary, Canada is handled in Vancouver, Canada. However, there are Consular Missions organized for OFWs in Calgary. To stay updated on the outreach locations, it is recommended to follow the page of the Philippine Consulate General in Calgary.
How to Get an OEC Appointment in Calgary, Canada (POPS-BAM System)
- Visit the POEA Online Service Website by going to https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph//onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx.
- On the website, click the “Let’s go” button for e-Registration.
- Fill in all the required information and click “register.” You will see a message indicating that your registration was successful.
- Check your email address that you provided during registration. You will receive a message containing your temporary password.
- Go back to the link provided in Step 1 and log in using the email address you registered with. Click “next” after logging in.
- Use the temporary password sent to your email to log in. Click “log in” after entering the password.
- Set your preferred password for future logins.
- Update your profile by clicking on “My Profile.” Once you have completed your profile, click on “Update Profile” located on the upper right side of the page.
- Enter your identification data (passport) and beneficiary information on your profile.
- On your dashboard, click on “Balik-Manggagawa,” then click the “Next” button.
- Enter your return flight date and click the “Next” button.
- If you are a returning Balik-Manggagawa and returning to the same employer, job site, and position, you can print your OEC exemption immediately. If not, go back to step 9 instead (if you are changing employers or a new Balik-Manggagawa).
- Input all your contract details and click the “Submit” button.
- Select Vancouver, Canada as the processing site and click the “Next” button.
Choose your preferred appointment date from the available options.
OEC Appointment Calgary Canada OFW Balik Manggagawa Certificate
Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements, including your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full-dose vaccination card/certificate.
Step 2: On your scheduled appointment day, go to the POLO Vancouver, Canada office. Show your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full-dose vaccination card/certificate to the assigned security personnel at the entrance.
Step 3: The assigned security personnel will check your name on the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, make sure to bring all the required documents with you.
Step 4: Obtain a token number from the assigned personnel. This will help you maintain your place in the queue.
Step 5: Proceed to the processing window and submit all your required documents to the staff there.
Step 6: Pay the necessary OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) fees as instructed by the staff.
Step 7: Wait for the advice of the OEC processor before printing your OEC in the POPS-BAM System. It is important to ensure that all the information and details in your OEC are accurate and match your credentials.
Step 8: Sign in to your POPS-BAM account and navigate to the “My Transaction Tab” menu. From there, select “Print OEC” to generate a copy of your Overseas Employment Certificate.
Please note that these instructions are based on the information provided and may be subject to change. It is always advisable to double-check the specific requirements and procedures with the appropriate authorities or the POLO Vancouver, Canada office before your appointment.
- When filling out online forms, avoid using non-English characters such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Arabic. Using non-English characters can delay the processing of your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), so make sure to enter only English characters.
- You can acquire an OEC only once during each visit to the Philippines. It is not allowed to obtain multiple OECs simultaneously.
- Remember to bring three copies of your OEC to the airport on the day of your departure.
- The OEC is valid for sixty (60) days from the date of issuance. Please keep this in mind and ensure you use it within this timeframe.
- If a worker leaves the Philippines without an OEC, they may encounter difficulties during the check-in process or be stopped by immigration officials before departure. Therefore, it is crucial to have the OEC document with you at all times before leaving.
- Balik-Manggagawa Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) must also present a copy of their employment contract, plane ticket, and any other necessary travel documents.
- Once the OFW has all the required documents, they can proceed to the airport and show the OEC to the immigration official. Having an OEC ensures smooth travel and compliance with all legal obligations related to their employment.
If you have any questions, feel free to call (+1) 604 641 1234, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Please note that the office is closed on Canadian and Philippine public holidays.
PAANO KUMUHA NG OEC ONLINE? | STEP BY STEP GUIDE PARA SA MGA OFWS BALIK MANGGAGAWA
The process for acquiring an OEC in this video is the same as the process for acquiring an OEC in POLO Calgary, Canada; you simply need to select Vancouver, Canada as the processing office.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Process OEC in Calgary, Canada”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. Who can get OEC exemption?
The following requirements must all be met in order for a Balik-Manggagawas to be exempt from acquiring an OEC:
Has a valid work visa or work permit Returning to the same employer and workplace Has a record in the POEA database (Has previously received an OEC at any POEA offices or facilities, including the POEA main office, extension units, regional offices, POLO offices abroad, and BM mall processing centers)”
2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
No. All overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) departing from the Philippines, regardless of whether they are returning employees or new workers, are required to obtain an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
The OEC serves as a clearance for exiting the country. Therefore, if you attempt to leave without it, Immigration authorities will prevent you from proceeding. Furthermore, possessing this certificate entitles you to be exempted from paying the terminal fee and travel tax.
3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
From the date of issuance, the OEC or OEC Exemption Number is valid for 60 days. You are required by POEA to obtain this as a Balik-Manggagawa before returning to your employer.
4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
OEC or OEC Exemption Number is only intended for one use. Once you have given it to Immigration, it cannot be used again.
5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
The most recent transaction record you have with POEA is your most recent OEC number. This information is required by the system in order to retrieve your record and obtain the most up-to-date employment information
6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
You will be redirected by the system to the APPOINTMENT page, where you must manually visit POEA to process your OEC.
7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
Log in to your BM Online or POPS-BAM account and reprint your OEC.
8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- You can pay your fees in a number of ways, including:
- Globe G-cash
- Over-the-counter thru Banks
- Over-the-counter thru Bayad Centers
- Online Banking
- POLO Vancouver, Canada office
Instructions on how to complete the payment process will be sent to you through email.
9. What is the POLO Vancouver, Canada’s office hour?
The POLO office in Vancouver, Canada is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Closed on Canadian and the Philippines public holidays).
10. What is POLO Vancouver, Canada’s address?
POLO Vancouver, Canada’s address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office, World Trade Center Office Complex Suite 601, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC, V6C3E1.
11. What is the POLO Vancouver, Canada’s hotline number?
You can reach the POLO Vancouver, Canada office at (+1) 604 641 1234.
12. What is the PCG Calgary, Canada’s hotline number?
You can reach the PCG Calgary, Canada office at (+1) 403 455 9457.
Obtaining an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) OEC Appointment Calgary Canada OFW Balik Manggagawa Certificate is not a challenging task. The key is to comprehend the underlying processes involved. It is important to note that having an OEC is a mandatory requirement for finding employment and ensuring hassle-free entry through immigration officials.
Furthermore, possessing an OEC entitles Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) to certain benefits, such as exemption from terminal fees and travel taxes. For OFWs in Calgary, Canada, it is highly recommended to obtain an OEC before departing from the Philippines for their overseas employment.
PCG Office Calgary
Address: 1001 1st ST SE Suite 100 Calgary AB T2G 5G3
Telephone Number: (+1) 403-455-9457
Emergency Hotline Number: (+1) 587-577-1524
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinCalgary
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: World Trade Center Office Complex, Suite 601, 999 Canada Place,
Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1
Telephone Number: (+1) 604-641-1234
Emergency Hotline Number: (+1) 604-767-3354
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/POLOinVancouver/
Take a screenshot or note down your scheduled appointment date, as you will need to present it when visiting the POLO office.