As an OFW in Osaka, it is crucial to maintain an active OWWA membership or renew it promptly once it expires in order to avail the benefits provided by the institution. Even if you are not currently a member of OWWA, you have the option to apply for membership by either visiting the POLO-OWWA Osaka office or sending your documents for verification through mail.
Additionally, if you are interested in learning about renewing OWWA in Tokyo, there is a guide available for OFWs based in Osaka to provide you with the necessary information.Schedule OWWAJapan Appointment Membership Osaka,
The application process for OWWA appointment and membership in Osaka, Japan can be understood by following the steps outlined below.
Schedule for OWWAJapan Appointment Membership in Osaka,
Becoming an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) is a challenging decision that many Filipinos make to secure a better future for their families. To support and safeguard the welfare of OFWs and their families worldwide, the Philippine Government established the Overseas Workers Welfare (OWWA) in conjunction with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These institutions are entrusted with the task of promoting and protecting the rights and well-being of OFWs across the globe.
If you are an OFW based in Osaka, Japan, and wish to avail yourself of the benefits and services provided by OWWA, we can assist you in scheduling an appointment for OWWA membership. By becoming an OWWA member, you can access various programs and assistance that will further support your needs as an OFW and help ensure the well-being of your family back in the Philippines.
To schedule an appointment, kindly provide us with your contact details, preferred date, and time for the appointment. Our dedicated team will get in touch with you to confirm the schedule and provide you with further instructions.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is an agency in the Philippines that provides membership and various services to Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). OWWA membership offers a range of benefits and support to OFWs, including educational and training benefits, financial assistance, legal assistance, and work-related benefits.
One of the primary advantages of OWWA membership is that it provides legal assistance to OFWs in case of issues with their employers. If disputes or conflicts arise between an OFW and their employer, the OWWA can intervene and provide support to help resolve the situation.
OWWA membership also acts as an insurance policy for OFWs, offering them access to loans, livelihood programs, disability benefits, and other forms of financial assistance. These services are designed to provide financial security and stability for OFWs and their families.
Furthermore, OWWA assists OFWs in preparing for work assignments abroad, providing them with the necessary information and training to adapt to the work environment in the host country. Additionally, upon their return to the Philippines, OWWA supports OFWs in the process of settling back into the country, offering services to facilitate their reintegration into the local community.
Overall, becoming an OWWA member is beneficial for OFWs as it provides them with security, assurance, and a support system from the Philippine government. The services, programs, and support offered by OWWA aim to improve the welfare and well-being of OFWs and their families throughout their overseas employment and even upon their return home.
To apply or renew your OWWA membership at POLO-OWWA Osaka, you will need to secure the following requirements:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet: This form contains your personal information as an overseas Filipino worker (OFW). Make sure to fill it out completely and accurately.
- Photocopy of current Certificate of Employment: Provide a photocopy of your current Certificate of Employment. If the document is in Japanese, you should also provide an English translation that includes the name and signature of the translator.
- Duly accomplished Declaration of Intent for OWWA Membership (For New Members): If you are a new member applying for OWWA membership, you will need to fill out and submit this declaration form.
- Original and photocopy of passport: Present both the original and a photocopy of your passport, specifically showing the data page. The data page contains your personal information and photo.
- Photocopy of Valid Residence ID Card: Include a photocopy of your valid Residence ID card. This card serves as proof of your residency in the country where you are currently employed.
- Company Registration Certificate Number or Kaishahojin Bango of Toki Botohon (For Company Employer): If you are employed by a company, provide either the Company Registration Certificate Number or the Kaishahojin Bango (Company Registration Number) of your employer.
- National ID Number or Gaimusho ID Number (For Individual Employer): If you are employed by an individual employer, provide your National ID Number or Gaimusho ID Number. This applies to those who are not employed by a company but by an individual.
- OFWs who are currently unemployed or on a temporary break from work.
- OFWs who are working irregularly or sporadically, without continuous employment.
- OFWs who are undocumented or working without proper visas and work permits.
- OFWs who have ceased to be Filipino citizens and acquired foreign citizenship.
- OFWs who have retired or permanently stopped working abroad.
- OFWs who do not meet the requirements for permanent residency in foreign countries with full-time or permanent employment.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWAJapan Appointment in Osaka
Attention OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) planning to visit the POLO-OWWA Osaka office:
Please be informed that there is no appointment system in place for the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership application. Therefore, you can proceed directly to their office without scheduling an appointment.
However, it is strongly recommended to regularly check the official Facebook page and website of the POLO-OWWA Osaka office for the most up-to-date announcements. This will help you stay informed about any changes in procedures, office hours, or other important updates.
In the case that you wish to apply for or renew your OWWA membership through the POLO Osaka Consular Outreach Mission, it is necessary to book an appointment. To schedule an appointment, you can do so by sending a text message to the POLO Welfare Hotline at 070-2447-4016.
Applying for OWWA membership in Osaka
the official website of POLO Osaka, there are two methods available for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) to apply or renew their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership: walk-in application or mailing their requirements to the office. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the POLO-OWWA Osaka office encourages OFWs to opt for mailing their requirements via Letter Pack to minimize physical contact. Here are the steps to send the requirements to POLO Osaka via Letter Pack:
- Prepare your requirements: Make sure you have all the necessary documents and information for your OWWA membership application or renewal. These requirements may include completed application forms, proof of employment, valid identification documents, and payment for the membership fee.
- Package your requirements: Place all the required documents securely in an envelope or package. Ensure that the documents are protected and won’t be damaged during transit.
- Obtain a Letter Pack: Visit your local post office or postal service provider and request a Letter Pack. This is a service offered by Japan Post, which provides a secure and trackable mailing option.
- Fill out the necessary forms: Complete any forms required by the postal service provider, including the sender’s and recipient’s details, return address, and any additional information they may require.
- Attach the Letter Pack to your envelope/package: Affix the provided Letter Pack label to your envelope or package. This label includes a tracking number that will allow you to monitor the delivery status of your mail.
- Pay for the Letter Pack service: The postal service provider will charge a fee for the Letter Pack service. Please ensure you have the necessary funds to cover the cost.
- Send your mail: Once you have completed the necessary forms and paid for the service, submit your envelope or package to the postal service provider. They will provide you with a receipt or proof of mailing, which you should keep for reference.
- Track your mail: Make note of the tracking number provided on the Letter Pack label. You can use this number to track the progress and delivery status of your mail through the Japan Post website or by contacting the postal service provider.
Renewing OWWA membership in POLO Osaka via Letter Pack
It seems like you are providing a set of instructions related to the process of becoming a member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in Japan. Here is a breakdown of the steps you’ve mentioned:
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet: This sheet likely contains personal information and details about your overseas employment. Make sure to provide accurate information.
- Download and fill out the Declaration of Intent for OWWA membership (For New Members): This form is likely a declaration stating your intention to become a member of OWWA. Fill it out accurately and sign where required.
- Compile and complete the requirements: Along with the OFW Information Sheet and the Declaration of Intent, there might be additional documents required. Ensure that you have all the necessary documents ready before proceeding.
- Mail your requirements: Once you have compiled and completed all the required documents, mail them to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Osaka, Japan. The address you’ve provided is: Philippine Overseas Labor Office, 7/F FPG Links Midosuji, 4-3-5 Awaji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan 5410047. It’s advisable to use a secure mailing method and keep a copy of your documents.
- Claim the official receipt: To receive the official receipt for your OWWA membership fee payment, include a return mail envelope with a stamp along with your full name and address. This will allow the Philippine Overseas Labor Office to send the receipt back to you.
- Send another mail for the OWWA membership fee payment: Prepare another mail to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Osaka, Japan, using the same address provided. This time, enclose the OWWA membership fee payment using Genkin Kakitome, a licensed cash envelope of Japan Post. Follow the instructions provided by the Philippine Overseas Labor Office for the payment process.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Osaka
If you would like to visit the POLO-OWWA Osaka office to apply or renew your OWWA membership, please note that currently there is no appointment system in place. Therefore, you can go directly to their office during their operating hours.
However, if you plan to attend the POLO Osaka Consular Outreach Mission, please be aware that an appointment is required. To schedule an appointment, it is advisable to check their Facebook page and website regularly, as an appointment system may be implemented in the near future.
To pay for your OWWA membership at the POLO-OWWA Osaka office, you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents and requirements for OWWA membership application or renewal. These may include valid identification, proof of overseas employment, and other supporting documents.
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Osaka office during their operating hours. It is recommended to check their office hours in advance to ensure you visit at the right time.
- Upon arrival, approach the designated counter or staff responsible for OWWA membership applications or renewals. They will provide you with the necessary forms and guide you through the process.
- Fill out the required forms completely and accurately. Double-check all the information provided before submitting the forms.
- Submit the completed forms along with the required documents to the staff at the counter. They will verify your information and guide you on the payment process.
- Pay the prescribed OWWA membership fee at the designated payment area. The staff will inform you of the accepted payment methods, which may include cash, credit card, or other forms of payment.
- Once you have completed the payment, you will receive a receipt or acknowledgment for your OWWA membership application or renewal. Keep this receipt for your records.
Step-by-step process of paying the OWWA membership
To facilitate the process you mentioned, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet: You can obtain this form from the POLO-OWWA Osaka office or check if it’s available for download from their official website. Provide accurate information about your personal details, employment, and contact information.
- Download and fill out the Declaration of Intent for OWWA membership (For New Members): This form may also be available on the POLO-OWWA Osaka office’s website or can be obtained from their office directly. Fill in the required information, including your name, address, and intent to become an OWWA member.
- Compile and complete the requirements: Ensure you have gathered all the necessary documents for your OWWA membership application. These may include your passport, employment contract, work visa, and proof of overseas employment. Check with the POLO-OWWA Osaka office for the complete list of requirements to avoid any delays.
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Osaka office: Make an appointment or visit the office during their designated hours. Bring all the completed forms and required documents with you.
- Present your documents for verification: Hand over your forms and documents to the designated staff at the office. They will review your application and verify the information provided. Be prepared to answer any questions they may have or provide additional documentation if needed.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim the official receipt: Upon successful verification of your documents, you will be informed about the membership fee. Pay the fee as instructed by the office. After payment, you will receive an official receipt as proof of your OWWA membership. Ensure you keep this receipt in a safe place for future reference.
Reminders with POLO-OWWA Osaka
To ensure a successful OWWA membership application or renewal at the POLO-OWWA Osaka office, please keep the following reminders in mind:
- Application Methods: OFWs can choose to apply or renew their membership in person at the POLO-OWWA Osaka office or by mailing their documents. However, it is recommended to apply via Letter Pack to minimize physical contact during the Covid-19 pandemic. Only visit the office for urgent matters.
- Translations: If you have any documents in the Japanese language, make sure to provide an English translation document. The translation should include the name and signature of the translator.
- Declaration of Intent: If you are applying for OWWA membership for the first time, download and fill out the Declaration of Intent form. This form is required for first-time applicants.
- Return Mail Envelope: When mailing your documents to the POLO-OWWA Osaka office, enclose a return mail envelope with a stamp. The envelope should contain your full name and address. This is necessary for the office to send back the official receipt to you.
- Payment Method: To pay the OWWA membership fee, send a separate mail to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office at the following address: 7/F FPG Links Midosuji, 4-3-5 Awaji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan 5410047. Use Genkin Kakitome, which is a licensed Japan Post cash envelope, for the payment.
- Updated Membership Fee: Before making the payment, always check the latest OWWA membership fee at the POLO-OWWA Osaka office. The fee is updated monthly based on the current foreign exchange rate.
OWWA Membership in Osaka
For more details on OWWA membership,
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Osaka?
As of writing, there is no requirement to book an appointment to visit the POLO-OWWA Osaka office. However, if you’re attending their Consular Outreach Mission, you should book an appointment by texting the POLO Welfare Hotline at 070-2447-4016.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Osaka?
OFWs in Osaka have two options to renew their OWWA membership. First, visit the POLO-OWWA Osaka office. Second, mail the requirements to their office. Nonetheless, although POLO-OWWA Osaka accepts walk-in applicants, OFWs are advised to apply or renew their membership via Letter Pack to limit physical contact due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
If you prefer to renew your membership online, you can do so by downloading the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone. Then, sign up and log in to your account, and click Renew Membership Here. Fill out the necessary details and select a payment method to pay the OWWA membership.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Osaka?
The OWWA membership in Osaka is $25 or JPY 3,000 or less, based on the monthly foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the membership fee online if you renew your membership through the OWWA mobile app. To do so, choose on the payment options your preferred online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years, expiring on the date of the application.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if you have exceeded the two-year validity, your work visa has expired, or you switch to work for a new employer. Since the OWWA membership is only valid for two years under the same employer indicated on the application, OFWs who changed employers will have inactive membership status.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory for OFWs who have processed their employment at POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are member of OWWA. As stated above, there are requirements and qualification criteria that members need to comply with and meet. For example, if an OFW is undocumented, they are not qualified for the OWWA membership.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The benefits that OWWA provides are available by registered or active members and their legal dependents.
Becoming an OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) member is highly advantageous for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families.Schedule OWWAJapan Appointment Membership Osaka, It grants them access to a variety of services and programs that can greatly assist in their careers, improve their living conditions, and support their children’s education.
In this regard, we strongly encourage OFWs to maintain an active OWWA membership. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free application process for OWWA membership in Osaka, Japan, please follow the guide provided below:
- Gather the necessary documents: Prepare the required documents for OWWA membership application. This typically includes a valid passport, work visa, employment contract, and proof of overseas employment.
- Complete the OWWA membership application form: Obtain the application form either through the OWWA website or by visiting the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Osaka. Fill out the form accurately and make sure to provide all the required information.
- Submit the application form and required documents: Visit the OWWA office in Osaka or any designated processing center to submit your completed application form and supporting documents. Ensure that all documents are properly arranged and organized for easy verification.
- Pay the membership fee: Pay the applicable membership fee for your chosen membership category. OWWA offers different membership options, such as regular membership, welfare fund, and Balik-Manggagawa program. The fees may vary depending on the category, so make sure to inquire about the current rates.
- Attend the required orientation or seminar: OWWA often conducts pre-departure orientations and seminars to educate OFWs about their rights, benefits, and available programs. It is important to attend these sessions as they provide valuable information and guidance.
- Keep your membership active: Once you have successfully obtained OWWA membership, it is crucial to keep it active by paying the required membership fees on time. This ensures that you and your family can continue to enjoy the benefits and assistance provided by OWWA.
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except holiday
Address: 7/F FPG Links Midosuji, 4-3-5 Awaji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan 5410047
Telephone: Labor Documentation Concerns- +81 665 757 593, +8170 2275 6082; Welfare Concerns- +8170 2447 4016
Email: Official Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org, Labor Documentation Concerns- email@example.com, Welfare Concerns- firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinOsaka
Google Map Location
You may check out the location of the POLO-OWWA Osaka office in Japan located in the same building as the Consulate General office in Osaka.