If you’re looking for information on how to renew your OWWA membership in Slovenia, you’ve come to the right place. This article also caters to OFWs in Slovenia who are not yet OWWA members, as we strongly encourage you to apply for OWWA membership. Here, we will provide you with the necessary documentary requirements, application procedure, and contact details of relevant offices that can assist you in processing your OWWA Slovenia Appointment membership.
OWWA, or Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, was established on May 1, 1997, and is attached to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). It is a government agency mandated to promote the welfare and ensure the safety of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families worldwide. The agency offers OWWA membership to eligible OFWs with a mandatory contribution.
Through OWWA membership, OFWs gain access to various services, programs, and support aimed at improving their welfare and livelihood, as well as assisting in the education of their dependents. OWWA aids active members who experience distress, difficulties, or maltreatment by providing financial or legal assistance. It also serves as insurance for OFWs, entitling them to benefits such as medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Given these benefits, we strongly advise OFWs in Slovenia to process their OWWA membership.
To renew or apply for OWWA membership in Slovenia, you will need to follow these steps:
- Prepare the necessary documentary requirements. These typically include:
- Accomplished OWWA Membership Form (available online or from the nearest Philippine Embassy/Consulate)
- Photocopy of your valid passport (showing your employment visa or work permit)
- Proof of OWWA contribution payment (receipt)
- Submit the required documents to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Slovenia. Ensure that you have both the original documents and photocopies for verification.
- Pay the OWWA membership contribution fee. The current OWWA contribution is USD 25 or its equivalent in the local currency of the host country. Payment methods may vary, so it’s best to inquire at the Philippine Embassy/Consulate for the accepted forms of payment.
- After submitting the documents and payment, wait for the processing of your OWWA membership. The duration may vary depending on the embassy/consulate’s workload, so it’s advisable to inquire about the estimated processing time.
- Once your OWWA membership is processed, you will receive your OWWA membership certificate. Keep this document in a safe place as it serves as proof of your OWWA membership.
For further assistance or inquiries regarding OWWA membership renewal or application, you can contact the following offices:
Philippine Embassy in Slovenia Address: [Insert address here] Contact Number: [Insert contact number here] Email: [Insert email address here]
It’s essential to stay updated with the latest information and requirements, as processes may change over time. We recommend reaching out to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in Slovenia for the most accurate and up-to-date instructions regarding OWWA membership renewal or application.
Here are the primary documentary requirements OFWs in Slovenia should comply with for OWWA membership application as per POLO Milan:
- A completed OWWA Information Sheet.
- A copy of your valid Philippine passport, showing the data page.
- A copy of your Employment Contract or any of the following proofs of employment:
- Company ID
- Copy of payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Employment acknowledgment from POLO Milan (with English translation)
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- An Oath of Allegiance for OFWs with dual citizenship.
- The OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00, is converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
Numerous Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) desire to join the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) due to the appealing benefits it provides. However, not all OFWs meet the eligibility criteria set by OWWA. To become a member, OFWs must have an active and continuous job, possess legal documentation such as valid work permits and visas, and be considered ‘documented’ or ‘legal’ workers.
In addition, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency in foreign countries can become OWWA members, as long as they maintain their Filipino citizenship and have full-time or permanent employment. On the other hand, OFWs who do not meet these requirements are ineligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including those who are employed.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Slovenia
Slovenia does not have an online appointment system for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership. Additionally, Slovenia does not have a designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office). However, the jurisdiction of POLO Milan extends to Slovenia, and they conduct Consular Outreach Missions in collaboration with the Philippine Embassy in Austria. Therefore, OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Slovenia may contact these offices as Consular Outreach Missions may require an appointment.
For OFWs who are on vacation in the Philippines, you can book an appointment with the DMW (Department of Labor and Employment) or the OWWA Regional Office. It’s important to note that while some OWWA Regional offices accept walk-ins, others may require appointments. Hence, it is advisable to contact the nearest OWWA Regional office before your visit. Additionally, don’t forget to inquire about the latest documentary requirements for OWWA membership application or renewal.
Please note that the information provided is accurate as of the time of writing and it’s always recommended to verify the latest procedures and requirements directly with the relevant authorities or offices.
Applying for OWWA membership in Slovenia
According to the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Austria, they are conducting a Consular Outreach Mission in Slovenia together with POLO Milan. However, it is advised to contact POLO Milan directly to confirm whether they are processing OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership during the Consular Outreach Mission. You can also visit their Facebook pages and websites for the upcoming schedule.
If you are on vacation in the Philippines, you can process your OWWA membership with the Department of Manpower and Welfare (DMW) or the nearest OWWA Regional office in your area. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a convenient option, you can download the OWWA mobile app and process your OWWA membership online directly from your mobile phone.
Please note that the information provided is based on the details you mentioned and may be subject to change. It is always recommended to verify the latest information from official sources or contact the relevant authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date details.
Paying OWWA Membership in Slovenia
As mentioned, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Slovenia have the option to process their OWWA membership on-site through the Consular Outreach Mission. If they are in the Philippines, they can also process their OWWA membership on-site at the Department of Manpower and Welfare (DMW) or OWWA Regional office. If you choose any of these processes, you can also pay the contribution fee on the same day as you process your OWWA membership, provided you meet the qualifications.
On the other hand, processing your OWWA membership through the OWWA mobile app offers more convenience with various payment methods available. You can pay the OWWA membership fee through online banking, e-wallets, or over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. If you are not in the country, you can also ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay the OWWA membership fee on your behalf.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Austria & POLO Milan)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Austria or POLO Milan to inquire about the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission. They will provide you with the necessary information regarding the date, time, and location of the mission.
- Book an appointment for your OWWA membership application. Coordinate with the embassy or POLO office to secure a convenient slot for your appointment.
- Gather all the documentary requirements needed for the application. These may include a filled-out application form, a copy of your valid passport, proof of overseas employment, and any other supporting documents specified by OWWA. Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork in order.
- Visit the designated application site on the scheduled date and bring a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule. Be punctual and arrive prepared with all your documents.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation. Present your documents to the OWWA personnel who will review and verify the completeness and accuracy of your application.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee as instructed by the personnel. They will inform you of the exact amount and acceptable modes of payment. Once you’ve made the payment, you will receive an official receipt.
- After completing the process, you will have successfully applied for OWWA membership. Keep your official receipt as proof of payment and membership.
Note: It’s important to double-check the specific requirements and procedures with the Philippine Embassy in Austria or POLO Milan, as they may have updated information or additional instructions.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account and provide an active email address since that’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details sent to you.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details you received via email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click on the “Information” button located at the bottom tab.
- On the information page, you’ll find your membership status, which can be either active or inactive.
- If your membership status is inactive, click on “Renew Membership Here” and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary, and then click on “Submit.”
- You will be redirected to the LandBank payment portal page.
- On the payment portal page, click on “Payment Option” and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number provided and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- After completing the payment, take a screenshot of your transaction or save the provided electronic receipt for your records.
Please note that the instructions provided are based on the information you provided. It’s always a good idea to refer to the official OWWA website or contact their customer support for the most accurate and up-to-date instructions.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Slovenia
- Designated POLO: Currently, there is no designated POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) in Slovenia. The jurisdiction for Slovenia falls under POLO Milan.
- OWWA Membership Processing: OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Slovenia have several options for processing their OWWA membership. They can choose from the following methods: a. Consular Outreach Mission: Look out for consular outreach missions organized by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate. These missions provide services, including OWWA membership processing, to Filipinos in different locations.b. OWWA Mobile App: Utilize the OWWA mobile app, if available, to facilitate your membership application. The app may provide instructions and assistance for OFWs in Slovenia.c. DMW: The abbreviation “DMW” is not clear in the given context. It could refer to a specific service or platform related to OWWA membership processing. Please consult with the Philippine Embassy, POLO Milan, or your agency for clarification.
d. OWWA Regional Office: If feasible, you can also process your OWWA membership by visiting the nearest OWWA Regional Office. However, please note that the nearest regional office may not be located in Slovenia.
- Dress Code: When visiting the Philippine Embassy or any government office for OWWA membership processing, it is important to adhere to appropriate attire. The following clothing items are strictly prohibited:
- Sleeveless or tank tops
- Sando (undershirts)
- Ripped jeans
- Slippers (flip-flops)
Applicants wearing any of the prohibited attires will not be allowed to enter the premises. Make sure to dress appropriately and present yourself in a professional manner.
- Required Documents: If you are processing your OWWA membership on-site, ensure that you bring the following documents:
- Proof of confirmed appointment schedule
- COVID-19 vaccination card
- Negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to your visit
These documents will be required to complete your membership application. It is important to have them ready and up-to-date.
- Inquiries and Assistance: For any inquiries or assistance regarding your OWWA membership application, it is advisable for OFWs in Slovenia to contact the following:
- Philippine Embassy in Austria: Reach out to the Philippine Embassy in Austria for guidance and support related to OWWA membership processing.
- POLO Milan: Contact POLO Milan, the office with jurisdiction over Slovenia, for specific information and assistance.
- Your Agency: Get in touch with your agency to inquire about the necessary steps and requirements for OWWA membership.
Additionally, you can stay updated by visiting the official websites and Facebook pages of the Philippine Embassy, POLO Milan, and other relevant institutions for the latest announcements.
Please note that the information provided is based on the details provided in your request. It’s always recommended to verify the information with the relevant authorities or official sources for the most accurate and up-to-date instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Slovenia?
At the time of writing, Slovenia doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Slovenia?
- Consular Outreach Mission: OWWA conducts consular outreach missions in different locations, including Slovenia. During these missions, you can visit the designated venue and renew your OWWA membership in person.
- OWWA Mobile App: OWWA has developed a mobile application that allows members to access various services, including membership renewal. You can download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone and follow the instructions to renew your membership online.
- DMW (Designated Marketing Window): Some OWWA regional offices or partner agencies may have designated marketing windows where you can go to renew your membership. These windows serve as physical locations where you can process your membership renewal.
- OWWA Regional Office: If there is an OWWA regional office near your location in Slovenia, you can visit the office directly to renew your membership. OWWA staff will assist you with the necessary procedures and documentation.
It’s important to note that specific procedures and requirements may vary, so it’s recommended to contact the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate in Slovenia or visit the OWWA official website for detailed information on the renewal process.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on the OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Slovenia?
The OWWA membership fee in Slovenia is US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on the OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Paano MagCheck ng OWWA Membership ll Easiest Step
As discussed in the video, OFWs can check their OWWA membership status by downloading the OWWA mobile app. Sign up or log in to your account. Once logged in, click the information button to check if your OWWA membership status is active or inactive. OFWs can also renew their OWWA membership in-app and pay the contribution fee with the available payment options.
“Overall, OWWA membership is highly beneficial for all overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). It provides valuable support to both OFWs and their families, particularly during unforeseen circumstances like natural disasters, financial difficulties, and health issues. Therefore, if you are an OFW in Slovenia, it is recommended to process your OWWA membership and ensure that it remains active in order to avail of the various benefits provided by OWWA Slovenia Appointment,
Philippine Embassy in Vienna, Austria
Address: Donau-City-Strasse 11, ARES Tower, Wien, Austria
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinAustria
Telephone Number: (+43 1) 5332401
Emergency Hotline: (+43 676) 442 2474
POLO-OWWA Milan, Italy
Address: Philippine Consulate General in Milan Building Viale Stelvio 71, 20159, Milan Italy
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/polomilanofficial
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: POLO-(+39) 02 668 4647, OWWA-(+39) 02 668 05954
Whatsapp/Viber: POLO- (+39) 375 657 2333, OWWA-(+39) 375 676 2592