To apply or renew your OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Taipei, Taiwan, you need to visit the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO) Taipei building.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Taipei, Taiwan MECO is the office responsible for handling Philippine government documents and procedures for Filipinos in Taiwan.
Here is the step-by-step process for OWWA appointment and renewal in Taipei, Taiwan:
- Gather the required documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your OWWA membership application or renewal. These typically include your passport, valid visa or work permit, employment contract, and proof of payment of OWWA membership fee.
- Contact MECO Taipei: Get in touch with MECO Taipei to schedule an appointment. You can call their office or visit their website to find the contact information. Inform them that you want to apply for or renew your OWWA membership.
- Visit MECO Taipei: On the appointed date and time, go to the MECO Taipei building. It is the office where you need to process your OWWA membership application. The address of the MECO Taipei building can be obtained from their official website or by contacting their office.
- Submit your application: Once you reach MECO Taipei, approach the designated OWWA section or counter. Present your documents and inform the staff that you are applying for or renewing your OWWA membership. They will guide you through the application process and assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Pay the necessary fees: Pay the required fees for your OWWA membership application or renewal. The staff at MECO Taipei will provide you with the details and guide you through the payment process.
- Complete the application process: Follow the instructions provided by the MECO Taipei staff to complete the application or renewal process. They will inform you about any additional steps or requirements specific to your case.
- Obtain your OWWA membership: Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive your OWWA membership. This membership provides various benefits and services to OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Taiwan.
Note: If you are located in other areas of Taiwan, such as Taichung or Kaohsiung, you can visit the respective MECO offices in those locations to inquire about OWWA membership and assistance.
Remember to stay updated with any changes in procedures or requirements by contacting MECO Taipei or referring to their official website.
The OWWA is a government-mandated institution that ensures all Filipino workers who are on their way to work and live overseas. It was established in 1979 with the aim of protecting the welfare of Filipinos working abroad.
To activate your OWWA membership in Taipei, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the OWWA office in Taipei: Look for the OWWA office in Taipei and reach out to them. You can search online for their contact details or visit the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate for assistance.
- Inquire about the membership activation process: Speak with the OWWA staff and inquire about the specific requirements and documents needed to activate your membership. They will guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary information.
- Prepare the required documents: Gather all the necessary documents for membership activation. These may include your valid passport, work visa, employment contract, proof of overseas employment, and any other documents required by the OWWA office in Taipei.
- Fill out the membership application form: Obtain the OWWA membership application form from the OWWA office or their website. Fill out the form accurately and completely, providing all the required information.
- Submit the application and required documents: Once you have completed the application form and gathered all the required documents, submit them to the OWWA office in Taipei. Make sure to double-check that you have included all the necessary paperwork.
- Pay the membership fee: OWWA membership requires payment of a membership fee. Inquire about the fee amount and the accepted payment methods from the OWWA office. Pay the fee as instructed, ensuring you obtain a receipt for your records.
- Attend any required orientations or seminars: Depending on the regulations of the OWWA office in Taipei, you may need to attend an orientation or seminar for newly activated members. Follow their instructions and make sure to attend any mandatory sessions.
- Obtain your OWWA membership certificate: Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive your OWWA membership certificate. This certificate serves as proof of your membership and provides access to the benefits and services offered by OWWA.
Remember to keep your OWWA membership updated by renewing it regularly, as it ensures continued access to the benefits and assistance provided by OWWA for overseas Filipino workers.
If you’re an OFW in Taipei planning to apply or renew your OWWA membership, here are the requirements you need to comply with to proceed with the membership application, including:
- Book an appointment at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/SundayAppointment@meco.org.tw/bookings/
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Current Certificate of Employment (containing English translation and the translator’s name and signature)
- Photocopy of ARC (Alien Registration Card)
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA Membership fee of NT$ 758 or $25 converted to local currency (based on current foreign exchange rate)
- Personal appearance only
OWWA sets certain qualifications for individuals aspiring to become members, in addition to the membership application requirements. The primary qualification is that all OWWA members must be actively and continuously employed. Furthermore, they should be classified as “legal” or “documented” Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) listed under the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) with valid visas and work permits. OWWA also accepts OFW members who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries while remaining Filipino citizens.
However, it’s important to note that OWWA does not accept applications or membership renewals from the following individuals, as they do not meet the requirement of being actively and continuously employed:
- Individuals who are due for termination.
- Terminated workers.
- Individuals who are due for cancellation.
- Workers whose employment has been canceled.
- Those who have resigned from their employment.
- Individuals who are not currently working and receiving payment for their work (“No work, No pay”).
It is important for individuals who wish to apply or renew their OWWA membership to ensure that they meet the active employment criteria set by OWWA.
Booking an OWWA Appointment in MECO-Taipei
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are required to schedule an appointment with the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO) in Taiwan, which acts as a representative for the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), and Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). MECO also provides services related to the Social Security System (SSS) and the Pag-IBIG Fund.
If you are applying for OWWA membership or need to renew your membership in Taipei, it is important to book an appointment in advance, particularly before your current membership expires. MECO enforces a “Strictly by Appointment Only” policy.
Once you have successfully booked an appointment, it is recommended that you take a screenshot of the appointment booking confirmation email. This screenshot will serve as your gate pass to enter the OWWA office in Taipei. Remember to bring a printed or digital copy of the confirmation on the day of your visit.
Step-by-step on how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
To book an appointment with OWWA Taipei for the first time or to renew your OWWA membership, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the following link: OWWA Taipei Appointment Booking
- On the list of services, locate and select “Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).”
- Choose the date and time that is most convenient for your appointment.
- Enter your Full Name, Email, Address, and Phone Number in the provided fields.
- Provide additional details, including your Passport/ARC/Taiwan ID Number, Last Name, Given Name, and Middle Name.
- Double-check all the provided details to ensure their accuracy.
- Once you have verified the information, click on the “Book” button to confirm your appointment.
- Check your email for the appointment booking confirmation. Print a copy of this confirmation and make sure to bring it with you on the day of your appointment. The confirmation will serve as proof of your booking and will allow you to enter the OWWA office in Taipei.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully book an appointment with OWWA Taipei for your membership application or renewal.
Paying OWWA Membership at the MECO-OWWA office in Taipei
Once you have successfully booked an appointment with OWWA Taipei, it is important to ensure that you have all the necessary requirements completed before the scheduled date of your appointment. This will help streamline the process and avoid any delays or complications. Additionally, if you haven’t done so already, you can pay the OWWA membership fee at the MECO-OWWA office in Taipei during your visit.
To ensure a smooth application process, it is crucial to have all the required documents and forms properly filled out and organized before submitting them. OWWA strictly requires applicants to have all the necessary requirements in order to proceed with the membership application. Failure to provide complete documents may result in a delay or rejection of your application.
Make sure to double-check the list of requirements provided by OWWA and gather all the necessary documents such as a valid passport, proof of overseas employment, proof of OWWA membership payment, and any other specified documents. It is advisable to keep copies of all the submitted documents for your own records.
By following these guidelines and having all the requirements in order, you can ensure a smooth process for your OWWA membership application with the OWWA Taipei office.
Step-by-step process of paying the OWWA membership
On the day of your appointment, you will need to follow these procedures in order to pay the OWWA membership fee:
- Go to the MECO-OWWA Taipei office at the scheduled time of your appointment.
- Present a copy of your appointment booking confirmation to the security officer.
- Proceed to the OWWA window and submit all the necessary documents as required.
- Wait while your documents are being verified by the OWWA personnel.
- After the verification process, you will be asked to pay the OWWA membership fee along with any other applicable fees. The exact amount will depend on the current rates set by OWWA.
- Once you have made the payment, you will receive an official receipt for your transaction.
- Congratulations! You are now an active member of OWWA.
Please note that the specific requirements and procedures may vary depending on the country and local regulations. It’s always recommended to consult the official OWWA website or contact the MECO-OWWA office for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding membership fees and procedures in your area.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Taipei
“On the day of your appointment with MECO-OWA Taipei, it is important to remember the following reminders for a successful OWWA membership application:
- Ensure that you have all the required documents and fill out the forms accurately. Make sure your requirements are complete and in order, as incomplete documents may result in the rejection of your application or renewal.
- Schedule an appointment with MECO-OWWA Taipei before visiting their office. Remember to bring a copy of your appointment booking confirmation.
- Dress appropriately when visiting a government office. Avoid wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sandals, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Bring both your new and old passports for verification purposes.
- Always wear a face mask and maintain a two-meter distance from others.
- Stay updated with MECO’s official website and Facebook page for additional announcements and inquiries.”
OWWA Membership in Taipei
For more details on OWWA membership in Taipei, Taiwan,
If you want to go to MECO Taipei, you can take a bus to reach the destination. Once you arrive at the bus stop near MECO Taipei, you’ll need to walk to reach the MECO Taipei building. Keep in mind that the area around MECO Taipei can sometimes be crowded, so it’s a good idea to arrive early for your scheduled appointment to avoid any potential delays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out these common questions about MECO OWWA Taipei and the renewal of the membership process:
1. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Taiwan?
If you’re going to renew your OWWA membership in Taiwan, you need to complete the requirements listed above. Then, set an appointment with the nearest MECO in Taiwan, depending on if you’re in Taipei, Taichung, or Kaohsiung.
2. Do I need to book an appointment with the MECO-OWWA Taipei office?
Yes, you need to book an appointment with the MECO-OWWA Taipei office before conducting business with them. It is required to book an appointment since they implement a “Strictly by Appointment Only” policy. Moreover, the appointment booking confirmation is needed to enter the office, so bring a copy of it on your visit.
3. How do I make an appointment with MECO-OWWA Taipei?
To book an appointment with MECO-OWWA Taipei, visit their appointment system at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/SundayAppointment@meco.org.tw/bookings/
4. Do I need to renew my OWWA membership?
Yes, you need to renew your OWWA membership once it expires. By doing so, you can access varying services, programs, and supports catered to active members and dependents.
5. Can I renew my OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can renew your OWWA membership online. All you have to do is download the OWWA mobile app, create an account, and renew your membership using the app.
6. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can the membership fee online using the OWWA mobile app. To do so, click the “Renew Your Membership Here” option in the app, fill out the required details, and choose the available payment options. If you’re in the Philippines for vacation, you pay the OWWA membership using your bank account and e-wallets. On the contrary, you can also ask your relatives in the country to pay for the OWWA membership fee at the nearest OWWA Regional office or other payment centers.
7. How to get to MECO Taipei via MRT?
To get to MECO Taipei, follow the steps below:
- At the Taipei Main Station, search for the Blue Line or Bannan Line.
- Once you’re onboard the Bannan Line, get off at Zhongxiao Fuxing and transfer to the Brown Line or Wenhu Line.
- Board the Wenhu Line, and go to Gangqian Station BR17.
- Get off at Gangqian Station and exit to Neihu Vocational High School.
- At the MRT station exit, you can see the MECO Taipei building across the street.
- Cross the streets’ facing the stations’, and the second building is the MECO Taipei office.
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee?
The OWWA membership fee is $25 or NT$ 758, changing depending on the latest foreign exchange rate.
9. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, the OWWA membership is mandatory once you document your work under POEA. However, undocumented OFWs are not part of the institution, but they can apply for the OWWA membership if they legalize their employment and submit the requirements listed above.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OFWs who are registered and active members of OWWA can avail themselves of the benefits from the institution, such as Education and Training benefits, Financial loans, and Repatriation and Reintegration program.
11. How long is the OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years after your membership application.
12. Why is my OWWA membership inactive?
Your OWWA membership may be inactive if two years have already passed after you applied for it or if you switch to a new employer. Remember, the OWWA membership two-year validity is only applicable t the employer listed during the application. Thus, if you work for a new employer in less than two years, your OWWA membership will become inactive.
13. How can I check my membership status with OWWA?
You can check your membership status on the OWWA mobile app. You can sign up for an account if you don’t have one. Once you’re in, you can see your membership status below your profile, indicating “INACTIVE” or “ACTIVE”.
In summary, the appointment and renewal process for OWWA membership in Taipei, Taiwan, is convenient for OFWs who are applying or renewing their membership.Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Taipei, Taiwan The location of MECO Taipei is easily accessible, allowing OFWs to reach it conveniently using the MRT or bus.
Although OWWA has specific membership qualifications, undocumented OFWs can still apply for membership as long as they meet the qualifications and requirements. Therefore, we strongly encourage all OFWs to keep their OWWA membership active in order to avail themselves of the benefits provided by the institution.
Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Tuesday
8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Wednesday to Friday
Address: 2F, Chang Hong New Era Building No. 55 & 57 Zhouzi Street, Neihu District, Taipei City, Taiwan 114
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: (886) 2-2658-8825, (02) 2658-8299, 0900218895, 0925-228878
Website: https://www.meco.org.tw/, https://www.meco-labor.org.tw/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/MECO.official/
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the Rome POLO-OWWA office (MECO Office) in Taipei: