For overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Lebanon, maintaining an active membership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is crucial in order to access various benefits and assistance provided by the organization. Whether you need to renew your existing membership or apply for a new one, this guide will provide you with the necessary information and steps to follow. Schedule OWWA Appointment Membership Beirut, Lebanon
- Contact POLO Lebanon: Reach out to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Lebanon to inquire about the OWWA membership renewal process. They will provide you with the latest information, requirements, and guidelines.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather the following documents needed for the renewal process:
- Valid passport
- Copy of your OWWA membership certificate
- Proof of existing employment in Lebanon (e.g., employment contract, work visa, or company ID)
- Submit Renewal Application: Visit the POLO office in Lebanon and submit your completed OWWA membership renewal application form, along with the required documents mentioned above. Ensure that all forms are filled out accurately and legibly.
- Pay the Renewal Fee: Pay the necessary membership renewal fee at the designated payment counter. The fee may vary, so it is advisable to inquire about the exact amount beforehand. Retain the receipt as proof of payment.
- Await Confirmation: After submitting your application and payment, wait for confirmation from POLO Lebanon regarding the status of your OWWA membership renewal. They will inform you when your renewed membership is ready for collection.
Applying for OWWA Membership:
- Determine Eligibility: Check if you meet the eligibility criteria set by OWWA for membership application. The criteria may include being an active OFW in Lebanon and having a valid employment contract or work visa.
- Prepare Required Documents: Collect the necessary documents for OWWA membership application:
- Valid passport
- Proof of employment in Lebanon (e.g., employment contract, work visa, or company ID)
- Proof of Filipino citizenship (e.g., passport, birth certificate, or Philippine ID)
- Complete Membership Application Form: Obtain the OWWA membership application form from POLO Lebanon. Fill it out accurately and make sure to provide all required information.
- Submit Application and Documents: Visit the POLO office in Lebanon and submit your completed membership application form, along with the required documents mentioned above. Double-check that all forms are properly filled in.
- Pay the Membership Fee: Pay the prescribed membership fee at the designated payment counter. Inquire about the specific amount to be paid and retain the payment receipt for future reference.
- Await Application Processing: POLO Lebanon will process your membership application and notify you regarding its status. Be patient during this period and wait for their confirmation.
Conclusion: Maintaining an active OWWA membership is crucial for OFWs in Lebanon to access various benefits and assistance. Whether you need to renew your membership or apply for a new one, following the steps outlined in this guide will help you navigate the process effectively. For the most up-to-date information and specific requirements, contact POLO Lebanon, who will guide you through the OWWA membership procedures.
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are renowned for their unwavering determination and tireless efforts to provide a better future for their families. Despite the challenges they face while working abroad, they persevere in the hope of transforming their lives. Recognizing their invaluable contributions, the Philippine Government and the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) have established the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). This government agency is dedicated to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of OFWs and their families across the globe.
OWWA Membership and Its Benefits: OWWA offers a membership program tailored to eligible OFWs, providing them with an array of benefits to enhance their lives and support their families. By becoming an OWWA member, OFWs gain access to various programs and services that can significantly impact their well-being. These include educational and training benefits, financial assistance, livelihood programs, and the opportunity to secure loans. The membership serves as a safety net, ensuring that active OWWA members can seek assistance during challenging times, such as legal support in case of conflicts with their employers.
Comprehensive Protection and Insurance: Moreover, OWWA membership acts as an insurance policy, granting OFWs access to a range of essential benefits. These benefits encompass medical coverage, support during calamities, disability assistance, and provision for death and burial expenses. By availing themselves of OWWA membership, OFWs can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that they and their families are protected from unforeseen circumstances.
Encouraging Membership Renewal: Given the multitude of benefits that OWWA membership offers, it is strongly encouraged for OFWs to apply for or renew their membership. By doing so, they can take full advantage of the comprehensive support and protection that OWWA provides. Through their membership, OFWs gain not only financial assistance but also the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge, opening doors to better opportunities upon their return to the Philippines.
If you’re an OFW in Lebanon, here are the following requirements you need to comply with to renew or apply for the OWWA membership:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Photocopy of an active and valid proof of employment
- Photocopy of a valid visa and work permit
- Original and photocopy of the passport, showing the data page
- Photocopy of the employer’s passport or ID
- OFWs are required to present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA membership fee of US$25.00 (converted to the local currency based on the current foreign exchange rate)
Please make sure to provide all the necessary documents mentioned above when submitting your application.
Whether you are an existing or aspiring member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), you must meet certain qualification criteria set by the organization. OWWA requires both existing and new members to be actively and continuously employed as “legal” or “documented” workers who have processed their overseas employment through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) with valid visas and work permits. Additionally, OWWA accepts members who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries while maintaining their Filipino citizenship and having full-time or permanent employment.
However, individuals who do not meet the requirement of active and continuous work are not eligible to renew or apply for OWWA membership.
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Lebanon
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the process of renewing or applying for OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in Lebanon has been adjusted. To ensure the safety and well-being of everyone involved, it is now necessary for OFWs to book an appointment before visiting the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Lebanon office.
According to the information shared on the POLO Lebanon office’s Facebook page, this new requirement has been implemented due to the continuous increase in Covid-19 cases. To initiate the OWWA membership application process, OFWs will need to schedule an appointment by following the instructions provided by POLO Lebanon.
Once you have successfully secured an appointment schedule, it is essential to take a screenshot or make a note of your booking details. This documentation may be required when you visit the POLO Lebanon office. It is important to note that the POLO Lebanon office is located in a building similar to that of the Philippine Embassy in Lebanon.
Please keep in mind that the situation regarding Covid-19 and related requirements may be subject to change. It is advisable to regularly check the official sources of information, such as the POLO Lebanon office’s Facebook page or other official channels, to stay updated on any potential changes or additional instructions related to the OWWA membership application process.
Applying for OWWA membership in Lebanon
As per the information provided in the POLO Lebanon Facebook post, it is necessary for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) to book an appointment for their OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership application in Lebanon. This means that OFWs cannot directly go to the POLO Lebanon office without having a scheduled appointment.
Before proceeding with the appointment booking, OFWs need to verify the status of their OWWA membership. They can do this by calling OWWA at 05953524. Once the verification is complete and their membership is valid and will expire within 3 months, OFWs can then request an appointment schedule to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
For OFWs who do not have a valid membership, they will receive a notification from an OWWA representative to process their employment documents for verification. Once the necessary documentary requirements are completed, they must submit them to the POLO hotline at 71-418-657 for pre-evaluation and appointment scheduling.
If the submitted documentation is complete, the OFW can proceed with the OWWA membership process and visit the POLO Lebanon office on the scheduled appointment date.
Please note that the information provided is based on the statement in the POLO Lebanon Facebook post and may be subject to change. It is always advisable to consult official sources or contact the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO Lebanon
After successfully securing an appointment schedule with POLO Lebanon, it is important to ensure that you bring all the required documents in their proper order on the day of your visit. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to pay the OWWA membership fee once your application is approved. To pay the OWWA membership fee, kindly follow the steps outlined below:
- Prepare the necessary payment amount for the OWWA membership fee. Ensure that you have the correct and exact amount required, as cash is usually the accepted form of payment.
- Visit the designated payment area or counter at the POLO Lebanon office. Inquire with the staff or personnel present to locate the appropriate payment counter specifically for the OWWA membership fee.
- Submit your payment to the designated personnel responsible for collecting the OWWA membership fee. Provide the exact amount in cash and wait for the payment to be processed.
- Obtain a receipt or any proof of payment for the OWWA membership fee. It is crucial to keep this document as evidence of your payment, which may be required for future reference or documentation purposes.
- Confirm with the personnel if there are any additional steps or requirements to complete the payment process. Seek clarification if needed, ensuring that you have followed all necessary procedures.
Remember, paying the OWWA membership fee is typically done after your application has been approved. Hence, it is important to have all the required documents ready and in order during your visit to POLO Lebanon.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
“Call OWWA at 05953524 to verify your OWWA membership status. If your OWWA membership is valid and will expire in 3 months or if you have recently documented your employment with POLO Lebanon, you can proceed to request a scheduled appointment at email@example.com. Make sure to gather all the required documents and check your appointment before going to the POLO Lebanon office. Once there, go to the OWWA counter and submit all your complete documents for verification. Pay the OWWA membership fee and collect the official receipt.”
Please note that the given contact details and instructions are fictional and should not be used for actual verification purposes.
Reminders with POLO-OWWA Lebanon
Another thing, OFWs need to remember the following reminders below to have a successful transaction with POLO Lebanon and have an active OWWA membership status.
OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) should verify their membership by calling OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) before requesting an appointment to visit the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Lebanon office.
Make sure that your requirements are complete and in order. If an applicant submits incomplete requirements, the officer in charge will not process the application for OWWA membership.
Bring a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule as the officer in charge may check it when you visit the POLO Lebanon office.
OFWs should wear proper or smart casual attire when visiting the POLO Lebanon office. Since it is a government premises, it is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. If the mentioned attire is worn, the applicant won’t be allowed to enter the office.
New members of OWWA can access their programs, services, and regular activities three months after acquiring OWWA membership.
Since the application process for OWWA membership is affected by Covid-19 pandemic restrictions, it is advisable to check the official Facebook page and website of POLO Lebanon and the Philippine Embassy in Lebanon.
OWWA Membership in Lebanon
As mentioned in the video, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) has played a crucial role in assisting Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) during the ongoing pandemic. One of the key ways they have supported OFWs is by helping them access quarantine facilities and arranging transportation for their safe return to the Philippines.
In addition to the pandemic-related support, OWWA also extends assistance to OFWs with medical needs, such as injuries, ensuring they receive proper care and attention. Moreover, for OFWs who are unable to return to work abroad due to health issues, OWWA offers assistance for starting their own businesses. This support aims to provide alternative livelihood opportunities for those who cannot continue their overseas employment.
Furthermore, OWWA provides financial aid amounting to Php20,000 for distressed OFWs who are returning to the country. This financial assistance can be used by the OFWs to kickstart their own businesses, providing them with a means to support themselves and their families.
Overall, OWWA is dedicated to assisting OFWs in various situations and strives to find suitable solutions to their problems. Whether it’s facilitating their return, helping with medical needs, or supporting the establishment of startup businesses, OWWA remains committed to providing necessary aid and support to OFWs in need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out these FAQs about the OWWA appointment membership in Beirut office:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Lebanon?
To book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Lebanon, please follow the steps below:
- Verify your OWWA membership status: Ensure that you have a valid OWWA membership or application.
- Send an email: Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject: In the subject line, mention your request for an appointment booking.
- Content: In the body of the email, provide the following information:
- Full name
- OWWA membership status (active member or applicant)
- Contact number
- Preferred date and time for the appointment
- Submit: Once you have filled in the required information, click the send button to submit your email.
- Wait for confirmation: You will receive a response from POLO-OWWA Lebanon confirming your appointment details or providing further instructions.
Make sure to write your email in English for better communication. If you have any additional inquiries or need further assistance, feel free to include them in your email.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Lebanon?
To renew your OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) membership in Lebanon, follow these steps:
- Request a scheduled appointment: Contact the POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) Lebanon office and request a scheduled appointment for your OWWA membership renewal.
- Gather the requirements: Prepare the applicable requirements for OWWA membership renewal. The specific requirements may vary, so it is advisable to contact the POLO Lebanon office to obtain the updated list. Generally, you may need to provide documents such as a valid passport, valid work visa, employment contract, and proof of OWWA membership from your previous employment.
- Visit the POLO Lebanon office: On the scheduled appointment day, go to the POLO Lebanon office at the designated time. Make sure to bring all the required documents with you.
- Submit the requirements: Present your documents to the designated personnel at the POLO Lebanon office. They will verify the completeness and authenticity of your requirements. If everything is in order, you can proceed to the next step.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee: Pay the OWWA membership fee on the day of your visit to the POLO Lebanon office. The fee amount may vary, so it is important to confirm the current fee with the office. They will provide you with the necessary instructions on how to make the payment.
- Receive your renewed OWWA membership: After completing the payment, the POLO Lebanon office will process your renewal request. Once approved, they will provide you with your renewed OWWA membership.
Remember to inquire about any additional steps or requirements specific to your situation from the POLO Lebanon office. It is always best to stay updated with the latest information to ensure a smooth renewal process
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
- Download and install the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone.
- Once installed, open the app and sign up for an account if you don’t have one already. Provide the necessary information and create a secure password.
- After creating your account, log in using your credentials.
- Once logged in, locate the option that says “Renew Membership Here” and click on it.
- You will be presented with different payment methods. Choose your preferred method, such as credit card, online banking, or mobile wallet.
- Complete the transaction by following the prompts and providing the necessary payment details.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee as specified by the app.
- After a successful payment, you will receive a confirmation of your membership renewal.
Please note that the specific steps and options may vary slightly depending on the version of the OWWA mobile app and any updates implemented by the organization.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Lebanon?
The OWWA membership is exactly US$25.00 converted to Lebanese Pound based on the monthly foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership fee online if you renew your membership through the OWWA mobile app. The app provides several payment methods for your convenience. You can select an online bank or e-wallet to make the payment for your OWWA membership fee. Alternatively, you can also ask your relatives to pay the OWWA membership fee at the nearest OWWA Regional office or authorized payment centers.
Please note that payment options and procedures may vary, so it is advisable to consult the official OWWA website or contact their customer service for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding online payment methods and procedures for renewing your membership.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership comes with a two-year validity, expiring on the date of the application.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
“Your OWWA membership will become inactive if its two-year validity period has passed. Additionally, if you have an expired work visa or if you change employers, your OWWA membership will automatically be deactivated. It’s important to note that OWWA membership is only valid for two years with the same employer listed during the application process. Changing employers will result in an inactive OWWA membership status.”
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, it is mandatory for OFWs who are first-time to work abroad and completed their employment at POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
“No, not all Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). As mentioned earlier, OWWA has specific requirements and qualification criteria for its members. Consequently, undocumented OFWs or those without permanent employment are ineligible to become OWWA members.”
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The varying benefits of OWWA are accessible by active or registered members. Inactive members can also access OWWA benefits but limited services and programs they can enjoy.
“OFWs residing in Lebanon should maintain an active membership with OWWA to take advantage of a range of benefits, including health and financial assistance. To apply for OWWA membership, they can get in touch with POLO-OWWA Lebanon or utilize the convenient OWWA mobile app.
For additional inquiries, OFWs can contact the POLO Lebanon WhatsApp hotline at 71-418-657.”
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 2nd Floor W. Building, Mar Geries St., Hadath, Baabda, Lebanon
Telephone Number: POLO: +961 05 953 523, +961 71 418 657, OWWA: +961 05 953 524
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: https://pololebanon.weebly.com/, https://beirutpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinLebanon/, https://facebook.com/pololebanon/
Google Map Location
Please check out the location guide below of the Philippine Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon for POLO Beirut office
The establishment of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) by the Philippine Government and POEA is a testament to the commitment to the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). OWWA membership empowers OFWs by providing access to a wide range of programs and services that can improve their lives and support their families. Furthermore, the membership acts as an insurance policy, offering OFWs protection and peace of mind throughout their employment abroad. By availing themselves of OWWA membership and its benefits, OFWs can continue their journey towards a brighter future for themselves and their loved ones.